ADVERTISEMENT

Feb Recruiting and Portal movements

I am way less than an expert but he has long throwing motion for throws beyond 10 yards. He stays on his first wr (sometimes too long) and has nice accuracy. For some reason reminds me of Byron Leftwich...based on that short snipit of film.

Btw when I look at OK's recruiting it looks like it was their best defensive recruiting class in a long time.

But what happened with Tristan Leigh? It looked like it was going down to the wire between OK and ND and then all of a sudden Clemson comes out of nowhere and signs him. What's the story?

But it doesn't change that OK had an outstanding class. Clayton Smith could be a great one. And I've noticed the last few tears that OK recruits nationally their recruiting class is from coast to coast. And what do you think of Alex Grinch do you think he can be elite?

Last edited:
Btw when I look at OK's recruiting it looks like it was their best defensive recruiting class in a long time.

But what happened with Tristan Leigh? It looked like it was going down to the wire between OK and ND and then all of a sudden Clemson comes out of nowhere and signs him. What's the story?

But it doesn't change that OK had an outstanding class. Clayton Smith could be a great one. And I've noticed the last few tears that OK recruits nationally their recruiting class is from coast to coast. And what do you think of Alex Grinch do you think he can be elite?
Last year continued into this year with improving the defensive recruits. The biggest change I see is in the defensive backfield: taller more physical athletes. By all accounts Clayton should be a special player. I think Grinch is slowly improving the defense while erasing M. stoops' past sins. My hope is he stays long enough to finish the goal.

Leigh didn't surprise me although I thought he would go LSU. Not getting Wheaton, Leigh, OR Foster did surprise me. It was a big swing and miss to end the recruiting season.

I will say there are two recruiting platforms now with the transfer portal. And Riley seems to have identified this early enough to take advantage. He has added some nice players through the portal this year which will step right in and help offset some high school recruits which were missed out on.

Last year continued into this year with improving the defensive recruits. The biggest change I see is in the defensive backfield: taller more physical athletes. By all accounts Clayton should be a special player. I think Grinch is slowly improving the defense while erasing M. stoops' past sins. My hope is he stays long enough to finish the goal.

Leigh didn't surprise me although I thought he would go LSU. Not getting Wheaton, Leigh, OR Foster did surprise me. It was a big swing and miss to end the recruiting season.

I will say there are two recruiting platforms now with the transfer portal. And Riley seems to have identified this early enough to take advantage. He has added some nice players through the portal this year which will step right in and help offset some high school recruits which were missed out on.

For all the burnt orange in my veins I have to admit that Riley was better, a lot better, than Herman when it came to the portal. But coach Sarkisian did well were getting players from LSU, and ND, schools that have had a lot of success the last three years. We'll see.

while we are at it.....I run a lot of chit on aggy, but in many ways we stepped aside and let them take the lead on many things.I am not saying they were financially responsible, but they will never go broke so forget that. They stepped up and put lots of dollars in their facilities that we did not match. Then they went out and hired the best coach available and over paid him.Whatever, they got him with way less drama than we have had on the last few coaching hires. They are now taking advantage with high level recruiting.

I am not worried about being replaced as big brother because they are in the end still aggy. They put fake crap on their stadium walls and proudly point to it as meaningful.I mean....who else counts the spring game as a win? They will continue to glory in their win loss record as if they were playing a top schedule.

My point is that if we continue to sit on our fat ass instead of going full OU on everyone we could end up Nebraska or worse.

while we are at it.....I run a lot of chit on aggy, but in many ways we stepped aside and let them take the lead on many things.I am not saying they were financially responsible, but they will never go broke so forget that. They stepped up and put lots of dollars in their facilities that we did not match. Then they went out and hired the best coach available and over paid him.Whatever, they got him with way less drama than we have had on the last few coaching hires. They are now taking advantage with high level recruiting.

I am not worried about being replaced as big brother because they are in the end still aggy. They put fake crap on their stadium walls and proudly point to it as meaningful.I mean....who else counts the spring game as a win? They will continue to glory in their win loss record as if they were playing a top schedule.

My point is that if we continue to sit on our fat ass instead of going full OU on everyone we could end up Nebraska or worse.

And then there is the communist party on campus that must be addressed.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/tex...cle_a05ca900-04d6-11eb-bda8-5b7254899bcd.html

Sounds like it could be a good weekend with possibly some commitments for 2022. Malik Murphy QB from Cali on watch, possibly Williams a receiver. They want to play together. And there is a lb maybe from Dallas area named Johnson(?) who is rising in star rankings who we have crystal balls on.
Edit: Trevell Johnson 4* lb committing to someone today at 5pm.

Last edited:
Reactions: StrangerHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT