ADVERTISEMENT

Flags at BB game, why half mast?

This is what I found, even though the date was for yesterday.

The Texas flag is at half-staff today.​

HONORING THE VICTIMS OF THE TRAGEDY IN INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA
- - - - - - -
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A PROCLAMATION

As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on April 15, 2021, in Indianapolis, Indiana

This is what I found, even though the date was for yesterday.

The Texas flag is at half-staff today.​

HONORING THE VICTIMS OF THE TRAGEDY IN INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA
- - - - - - -
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A PROCLAMATION

As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on April 15, 2021, in Indianapolis, Indiana

That is lame. I am sure every day there are 8 separate homicides where 8 people are killed. Don't those lives deserve a similar respect?
The only way this makes sense is if every day there is a homicide in the country, all flags must fly half-mast....

Reactions: toran
It's being used as a wedge issue. Half mast flags anytime there is a mass shooting involving certain groups and meeting certain "criteria". But "other" groups that shoot each other in urban areas with regularity-- there will be no half mast flags for those souls.

It's being used as a wedge issue. Half mast flags anytime there is a mass shooting involving certain groups and meeting certain "criteria". But "other" groups that shoot each other in urban areas with regularity-- there will be no half mast flags for those souls.

It happens everyday in chiraq

ADVERTISEMENT