ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Carter FIRED from The Horn

Originally posted by PDX Horn:
Originally posted by bchorn:
Originally posted by bchorn:
OP,
How did you hear about this? Are they actually talking about it on the Horn?
OP never answered my question. I think he/she is a mole at 104.9!
Is there actual proof that this happened?
No. For all we know, the OP could be trolling us.

Originally posted by rd21191:
Is there any chance we will see Geoff and Chip back on the air? I'm getting tired of 1300.
I doubt it. I'm sure both Geoff and Chip have signed contracts for the new gigs that would prevent them from up and quitting. Also, why would they want to go back to The Horn where the Frank Carter replacement could be just as dumb as Frank Carter.

Originally posted by HornSolo:

The MBC now has a media rival....the GKC watch out folks coming to a radio station near you.
This, The GK curse deadly and swift.
laugh.r191677.gif
Corporate america at it's best.

really would like some more confirmation than just the OP.

However Beau posted in the thread and didn't deny it and I bet he'd know.

Originally posted by dhunt06:
really would like some more confirmation than just the OP.

However Beau posted in the thread and didn't deny it and I bet he'd know.
Yes, I hope it's true...I mean, I've never heard of 104.9FM the Horn, nor have I ever heard of that blithering moron, Frank Carter.

I was told yesterday that this did in fact happen. I don't know any of the circumstances.

Is there any chance we will see Geoff and Chip back on the air? I'm getting tired of 1300.
I have no inside knowledge but I do have LHN and every week they play radio clips of Erin Hogan and Sean Adams during the All-Access show. I'm pretty sure the marriage between The Horn and LHN are behind Geoff and Chips dismissal and to another extend the reason Sean left OB. Just an observation.

Originally posted by Dank Bank:
Someone needs to get on MS Paint and do this thing justice.
i can have something up by tonight, no promises

Originally posted by thesportsedge:

I do have to applaud you Not So Texas Good for finally spelling my name right.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
roll.r191677.gif
Beau you crack me up. You certainly have a thick skin man. If Frank is still in the building please tell him to go F himself on the way out.

Geoff is on Yahoo Sports radio from 7p-9p Monday-Wednesday and Chip has his SiriusXM show Sundays from 7p-10p and the Chip Brown Show MWF from 7-9am on Chipbrownshow.com or the Live 365 phone app. If you go to the site now and hit listen live, you can listen to yesterdays entire show or download the podcast from iTunes or you can subscribe to RSS feed. See, you can still listen to both and get the Austin sports talk without the crappy radio signals.

This post was edited on 9/25 5:21 PM by TaylorTV

There are some outstanding gif responses on this thread, esp. the one from NOT TEXAS GOOD on the first page. Wow! Funny stuff.

Originally posted by TaylorTV:

Geoff is on Yahoo Sports radio from 7p-9p Monday-Wednesday and Chip has his SiriusXM show Sundays from 7p-10p and the Chip Brown Show MWF from 7-9am on Chipbrownshow.com or the Live 365 phone app. If you go to the site now and hit listen live, you can listen to yesterdays entire show or download the podcast from iTunes or you can subscribe to RSS feed. See, you can still listen to both and get the Austin sports talk without the crappy radio signals.

Neither of which would stop them from going on the air full time in Austin I'm guessing.

Originally posted by TaylorTV:

This. Streaming Chip and Geoff from my hotel in Chi-town is great. Now if only OB would put together a pre-/post-game show on Saturdays. The on-air shows are miserable.

I haven't listened to the 104.9 since they dumped Chip and Ketch.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to listen to Chip or Ketch since they got dumped as neither are on Austin standard radio bands.

I really enjoyed listening in the car. I don't have time listen to otherwise.Since they are advertising or at least advising us about their shows, for my $10 worth I wish they would type some summaries of the day's discussions or the new info they present so I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out.
mad0014.r191677.gif

Originally posted by LARKIN1:
Originally posted by HornSolo:

The MBC now has a media rival....the GKC watch out folks coming to a radio station near you.
This, The GK curse deadly and swift.
laugh.r191677.gif
Corporate america at it's best.
Are we sure it wasn't the CBC.

Never heard of him? I listen to Colin Cow in the morning and then turn that crap off. Chip and Geoff should start a new talk radio in Austin.

Dallas guys trying to run Austin radio. It takes them a while to realize Austinites want to hear about things that matter to Austin.

Originally posted by Old Tascosa:
I haven't listened to the 104.9 since they dumped Chip and Ketch.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to listen to Chip or Ketch since they got dumped as neither are on Austin standard radio bands.

I really enjoyed listening in the car. I don't have time listen to otherwise.Since they are advertising or at least advising us about their shows, for my $10 worth I wish they would type some summaries of the day's discussions or the new info they present so I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out.
mad0014.r191677.gif

If you have a smart phone, you can listen in the car, at work, at home, etc. If you don't but have a computer, you can stream the show at any time throughout the day. It's no different than listening in your car, except you won't get Tejano music bleeding through. Test it here.

Geoff, Chip,

I'd be interested to know if you have ever listened to The Ticket, and if so, what did you think?

ADVERTISEMENT