ADVERTISEMENT

Gentlemen.......it's here

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
I'm looking forward to a good game in Dallas. I didn't get to see the Texas game today but it look like Texas got it together in the 2nd half. Something to watch for on OU's offense is our JC transfer rb, Stevenson. He is like Perine but with a nasty attitude. In my opinion, he may be becoming our most productive back and he's a load.

We are going to have to play better than we did against LSU on the offensive side of the ball and better than we did in the second half today, on defense, in order to beat the land thieves.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I don't know what to think of OU.

1. They haven't played anyone.
2. They run an offense that has generated gaudy numbers no matter who's running it.
3. They have less talent than they did last year.

I'm going to be upset, if we don't give them everything they can handle.

Not sure OU has less talent. OL for sure. D looking much better although given last year's production that would not be difficult. RBs and receivers playing lights out. Hurts tougher runner than either of the last two QBs just not as fast as Murray. Should be a good game.

To me the game will come down to who can keep their qb upright the most. Texas big receivers can cause our db's problems no doubt. Our defense is improved in areas but it's still a work in progress. Judging on the improvement so far it'll probably still be year or maybe 2 before I'd feel comfortable saying our defense is playing good, provided they continue to improve on the same trajectory.

OU replacing the Oline this year has gone ok, still need work but OU was without 2 starters on the Line today and did much better in the 2nd half. OU's receivers are pretty damn good and there's a lot of them, I think Hurts threw the ball to 13 different guys today, including TE's. A lot of weapons.

I’m planning on it feeling a lot like the LSU game. If we can keep from shooting ourselves in the foot and can make some of the plays we’ve been leaving on the field on offense, we should be right there with a chance to keep the Golden Hat in Austin.

Today was no confidence booster. I’ll leave it at that. Oh yea, and ou sucks.

Let me tell ya something. In 2013 and especially 2015 we played terrible the week before the OK game but we won.

And we can't count on OK not playing anyone and that we've had a tougher schedule. They may be a lot better than us.

It's OK/TX week throw all logic out the window.

Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
Let me tell ya something. In 2013 and especially 2015 we played terrible the week before the OK game but we won.

And we can't count on OK not playing anyone and that we've had a tougher schedule. They may be a lot better than us.

It's OK/TX week throw all logic out the window.

This is so true.

So soon? Can we start this mid week? I don't have a good feeling about this game. I think we run out of gas. Too many injuries. Here's to hoping our secondary doesn't get trucked.

We also lack an explosive runner. Yes, we run the ball ok but don't have a RB who can make a safety or 2 miss and take it to the house.

Last edited:
So soon? Can we start this mid week? I don't have a good feeling about this game. I think we run out of gas. Too many injuries. Here's to hoping our secondary doesn't get trucked.

We also lack an explosive runner. Yes, we run the ball ok but don't have a RB who can make a safety or 2 miss and take it to the house.
You’d be surprised at what our safeties are capable of missing

Last edited:
Meh, I've watched the blow jobbers a couple times this year . . . Offense looks as good as last year but Defense looks better.

We'll have to play mistake free to win IMHO. It would be nice to get Johnson and Whittington back 100%. Nice to see Kirk get some quality touches.

To me the game will come down to who can keep their qb upright the most. Texas big receivers can cause our db's problems no doubt. Our defense is improved in areas but it's still a work in progress. Judging on the improvement so far it'll probably still be year or maybe 2 before I'd feel comfortable saying our defense is playing good, provided they continue to improve on the same trajectory.

OU replacing the Oline this year has gone ok, still need work but OU was without 2 starters on the Line today and did much better in the 2nd half. OU's receivers are pretty damn good and there's a lot of them, I think Hurts threw the ball to 13 different guys today, including TE's. A lot of weapons.
Home skillet--- we had ZERO sacks yesterday.

Zero. Sam was sacked what-- 3 or 4 times?

Let that sh!t marinate for a moment. We couldn't get to wvu's QB one time. Not once.

Something interesting: WVU is the league's 2nd lowest scoring offense. Even after yesterday. And they got 31 despite all those turnovers. OU doesnt force the ball, they just throw it to whoever is open that play. This is going to be a real barn burner.

Something interesting: WVU is the league's 2nd lowest scoring offense. Even after yesterday. And they got 31 despite all those turnovers. OU doesnt force the ball, they just throw it to whoever is open that play. This is going to be a real barn burner.
Okay, Cool, Hook ‘em.

Reactions: freeper

Well, we make it pretty easy for the QB to complete passes. Normally he has plenty of time to throw and the coverage is soft. Tackling will be the key to slowing you down. Can’t give up extra yardage after the catch and make it any easier for you.

The defense also was pretty vanilla against WV. We didn’t blitz much and seemed to play pretty straight up. I doubt we will play that way next week.

Reactions: freeper
How quickly we forget the Case McCoy upset game. I’m still paying off bets on that one, I bet my wife’s 401 on that game. That was almost as bad of an upset as the Rocky vs Apollo fight, never saw that coming either

Exactly.

Or how about 1996? OU was winless, horribly coached, and a 22 point underdog to a strong TX team that I think had both Priest Holmes and Ricky Williams. Justin freaking Fuente was our QB

OU wins in overtime on a (just barely) James Allen TD run.

I'll never forget John Blake, blubbering like a baby on the side lines after the win.

After that miracle, I'll never be surprised by anything that happens on the 2nd Saturday in October.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Anything can happen in the RRS. I think on offense it comes down to rather or not we can run the ball successfully. On defense we have to contain Hurts and their big play capabilities. Saturday can’t get here soon enough!

I think the key will be making an all out effort to pressure Hurts. Orlando needs to dial up blitzes all game long and force him to make quick decisions. It'll probably cost us a couple of big plays and even a couple scores but as the game wears on I believe he will turn it over a couple times. That was his downfall at Bama. He had a difficult time handling pressure and if he's knocked around he'll put the ball on the ground. Also, it's interesting that he's approaching this game as just another ho-hum rivalry game. He's relying on his experience playing in the Iron Bowl as a heavy favorite. Very dangerous mental preparation for a game like this. He's the head of the snake. We have to force him to beat us. If he does, we congratulate him and we move on. If not, we control our destiny the rest of the season.

Reactions: plainohorn
I think the key will be making an all out effort to pressure Hurts. Orlando needs to dial up blitzes all game long and force him to make quick decisions. It'll probably cost us a couple of big plays and even a couple scores but as the game wears on I believe he will turn it over a couple times. That was his downfall at Bama. He had a difficult time handling pressure and if he's knocked around he'll put the ball on the ground. Also, it's interesting that he's approaching this game as just another ho-hum rivalry game. He's relying on his experience playing in the Iron Bowl as a heavy favorite. Very dangerous mental preparation for a game like this. He's the head of the snake. We have to force him to beat us. If he does, we congratulate him and we move on. If not, we control our destiny the rest of the season.

I agree that we have to beat Hurts but the bend don't break works well for us considering our talented yet inexperienced secondary. We made some spectacular pics against wvu that won the game. I think our best option would be to do the same against Hurts. Make them run on our front 6 and fear the pic on any erant throws. Save a few blitzes for the best situations and Keep him from running.

I'm worried only because injuries have crippled us. I guess OU should win just based on that. However, we are battle tested, and OU has played absolutely no one with a pulse to date. Is their defense really better? Who knows? Is Jalen really that good? Well yeah against little sisters of the poor he is, but that proves nothing.

We'll find out Saturday.

On game day they will hype up blowu and talk about jalen and how Texas cant stop them and herbstreit will pick blowu. They will give us no chance to win, I can see it already.

From watching a little of the Kansas game blowu offense looked lethargic. I was not impressed by what I saw.

Well, we make it pretty easy for the QB to complete passes. Normally he has plenty of time to throw and the coverage is soft. Tackling will be the key to slowing you down. Can’t give up extra yardage after the catch and make it any easier for you.

The defense also was pretty vanilla against WV. We didn’t blitz much and seemed to play pretty straight up. I doubt we will play that way next week.

Preventing YAC is pivotal because that’s a big part of how they beat you. I am sure both teams have left a few tricks to come out of the bag Saturday. If OU defense is really Improved & play motivated, could be bad for tx. But never does this game ever go as we expect. Either way, take the over.

ADVERTISEMENT