ADVERTISEMENT

Go Spurs Go!!

Supposedly the best prospect since Lebron. Great handle for his size, decent 3 point shooter, good footwork. I worry about his frame. Guys like that just don't seem to hold up. They need to go all in on Brook Lopez, if they can't get him they need to bring back Poeltl

Popovich was born on 2nd base and thinks he hit a double.
Rediculous. The man has won 5 Titles. Time may have passed him by, but to say he did not earn his way is frankly a dumb take.I normally think your posts are very good, but not this time. Phil Jackson has had more handed to him than Pop ever did. He was always considered one of the best play designers going. It is not for nothing he was voted the coach more wanted to play for than any other. Again, this was some years back.

Rediculous. The man has won 5 Titles. Time may have passed him by, but to say he did not earn his way is frankly a dumb take.I normally think your posts are very good, but not this time. Phil Jackson has had more handed to him than Pop ever did. He was always considered one of the best play designers going. It is not for nothing he was voted the coach more wanted to play for than any other. Again, this was some years back.
Didn't say he couldn't coach. But Popovich was the GM of a team that lost a top 5 player to injury - David Robinson - saw the team (with a roster he created) finish with the worst record in the league, parlayed that into the top pick - Tim Duncan (probably an all time top 10 player) - fired his coach and hired himself. Walking into a situation with two of the top players in the NBA. And he's a blowhard.

that coach....lets call him Bob Hill deserved to be fired. He was middling at best. .....and where did he end up?...coaching Highschool?...Pop did name himself coach and thank God for that. He went on to win 5 titles.Bob Hill passed out of the view of basketball. I do not give a rats ass if he is a blowhard. Oh, and did I mention that he went on to win 5 titles?

Personally, I dispise Pop and his politics....but he did win 5 titles....

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Didn't say he couldn't coach. But Popovich was the GM of a team that lost a top 5 player to injury - David Robinson - saw the team (with a roster he created) finish with the worst record in the league, parlayed that into the top pick - Tim Duncan (probably an all time top 10 player) - fired his coach and hired himself. Walking into a situation with two of the top players in the NBA. And he's a blowhard.
For sure he has had more than a fair share of luck but the dude could straight up coach.
I despise him as a person but am able to separate his personal beliefs from his job performance. Very similar to musicians & actors.
About Wemby, hopefully he pans out but I have a feeling his career with be cut short due to injuries, he's a toothpick.

For sure he has had more than a fair share of luck but the dude could straight up coach.
I despise him as a person but am able to separate his personal beliefs from his job performance. Very similar to musicians & actors.
About Wemby, hopefully he pans out but I have a feeling his career with be cut short due to injuries, he's a toothpick.
You are a bigger man. I am unable to separate Pop's on-court persona from his over the top wokeness. I used to be a Spurs fan and may be again, but only after Pop is gone.

Reactions: diadevic
Its not just the wokeness - it was his "clever" bullying of the media that rubbed me the wrong way. Thinks he's funny by being the tough guy. Evidently it rubbed off on his protege Becky Hammons. Suspended for brow beating a pregnant player, and allegations of under the table payments.

I'm reading these comments and I thinking fine. He didn't have to act like he used to do with the press. It's ok if you don't like him.

But Woody Hayes was an asshole but he was still a great coach.

You are a bigger man. I am unable to separate Pop's on-court persona from his over the top wokeness. I used to be a Spurs fan and may be again, but only after Pop is gone.
Very understandable. Everything that man says or does rubs me the wrong way as well. Spurs were here before Coach Pop and will be after but his team records will remain.

I have my beliefs and he has his incorrect ones. I just wish politics were somehow banned in professional sports while "on the clock." Well wishes...

Very understandable. Everything that man says or does rubs me the wrong way as well. Spurs were here before Coach Pop and will be after but his team records will remain.

I have my beliefs and he has his incorrect ones. I just wish politics were somehow banned in professional sports while "on the clock." Well wishes...
He's an officer......... you'd have to salute him first........ bleh...

• Haha
Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
He's an officer......... you'd have to salute him first........ bleh...
Just another narcissistic AF Academy butter bar that did 5yrs and bolted. His anti-democratic views are ingrained in his roots. Pretty sure he's Croatian & majored in Soviet Studies. The dude is a Bernie bro through and through. ........would not salute.

Supposedly the best prospect since Lebron. Great handle for his size, decent 3 point shooter, good footwork. I worry about his frame. Guys like that just don't seem to hold up. They need to go all in on Brook Lopez, if they can't get him they need to bring back Poeltl
Giannis was only 180 pounds when he got drafted. He's held up just fine. Durant was also really skinny.

Last edited:
Ya he does need to get in the weight room. Remember when Durant looked like a twig his rookie year?

ADVERTISEMENT