ADVERTISEMENT

Good for Carl Nassib

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
Though I’m not sure why he feels the need to announce to the world? I don’t recall Brady announcing he’s not gay before the Super Bowl and he seems to have played ok. I’ve been seeing several congrats from football players on teams other than the Raiders but haven’t seen any from Raider players? Is that by design or are the players from other teams trolling? Discuss

Last edited:
I've always respected gays who came out more than gays who denied it (Jody Conradt). And Carl Nassib is a good player and I hope he continues to have a good career.

Last edited:
I heard a nameless NFL football team put in an order for 52 mankini’s today

Meh. Nobody cares. And nobody should care. His job is to play football and be good at it. What he does on his own time is his business.

This is no different than kneeling. Kneel all you want on your time. When you're on the clock, follow the bosses rules and do your job.

You know someone tweeted about this story today. She said that gay kids were 6x likely to be bullied and 6x more likely to commit to suicide than their peers. That's sad.

People think that gay dudes aren't manly enough to play tough guy team sports and those that did buried it way down. The first openly gay baseball players career was ruined after he came out. So now we have Carl Nassib who is a good player and can be a positive role model for gay kids and that he can play a sport that a lot of people think gay dudes can't play.

And think how much worse it would be for him if he played for Jerry Jones.

You know someone tweeted about this story today. She said that gay kids were 6x likely to be bullied and 6x more likely to commit to suicide than their peers. That's sad.

People think that gay dudes aren't manly enough to play tough guy team sports and those that did buried it way down. The first openly gay baseball players career was ruined after he came out. So now we have Carl Nassib who is a good player and can be a positive role model for gay kids and that he can play a sport that a lot of people think gay dudes can't play.

Still no point in coming out and him announcing his sexual preference. Who cares.

Reactions: StrangerHorn

What did you feel? When you busted open that closet door? Rage? Homicidal? Freedom?

I don't understand why Nassib feels that he's got to announce to the world that he's gay. Who cares.
Agreed. I don’t give a crap. I assume he ain’t the first and won’t be the last in the NFL. Time to move on and nothing to see here.

And Cali, what the hell does Jody Conradt have to do with any of this? Respect? Please dude.

Meh. Nobody cares. And nobody should care. His job is to play football and be good at it. What he does on his own time is his business.

This is no different than kneeling. Kneel all you want on your time. When you're on the clock, follow the bosses rules and do your job.
In some ways, I’m sure that he also sees an opportunity to build up his personal brand. I believe he probably didn’t care about announcing to the world he was gay until he examined the current PC woke climate in our society. There’s enormous demand these days for celebrity homos to come out. His future is now set with book deals, speaking engagements, commercials, TV shows, acting gigs, etc. He can write his own ticket now and he’s smart to take advantage while the opportunity is open for him.

Howeva, if he ever comes out as a gay conservative Republican who’s a Trump supporter, well then he’s toast. He’d be banished from society and possibly released by the Raiders and permanently banned by the NFL.

The point is him being a role model for gay kids they need someone to look up to. And Carl Nassib beats the he** out of Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

Jeez Cali. Out here we have lived with gays with no problem for over 50 years. Even saw some in the Navy. Nobody wants to crucify them. Well, maybe the Bureau of Naval Personnel did but I solved that little problem. But why a press conference to announce your sexuality? Seems weird to me. On the other hand, it is the Raiders. A real weird bunch.

In some ways, I’m sure that he also sees an opportunity to build up his personal brand. I believe he probably didn’t care about announcing to the world he was gay until he examined the current PC woke climate in our society. There’s enormous demand these days for celebrity homos to come out. His future is now set with book deals, speaking engagements, commercials, TV shows, acting gigs, etc. He can write his own ticket now and he’s smart to take advantage while the opportunity is open for him.

Howeva, if he ever comes out as a gay conservative Republican who’s a Trump supporter, well then he’s toast. He’d be banished from society and possibly released by the Raiders and permanently banned by the NFL.
Damn right and he sure as hell isn’t doing it to build good will in the locker room. Look, there are probably 52 other guys on that team now that will be feeling a little or a lot damn weird and awkward in the shower knowing that he is gay. That’s only a natural feeling. This is a publicity stunt.

I’m glad he feels better about himself but he put a lot of his teammates in a heck of a spot and one little weird look from any of them will probably get a lawsuit and fired. Pathetic what the hell this country has become under Dildo Joe.

Jeez Cali. Out here we have lived with gays with no problem for over 50 years. Even saw some in the Navy. Nobody wants to crucify them. Well, maybe the Bureau of Naval Personnel did but I solved that little problem. But why a press conference to announce your sexuality? Seems weird to me. On the other hand, it is the Raiders. A real weird bunch.
All I'm saying on here and its the only thing I'm saying on here is the sad situation that gay students endure in high school. Maybe Carl Nassib is going public not for money but for those kids and that can be a good thing for them. We are starting to digress on something I never said.

I don't know how old you are but for more than 50 years nobody in fb has more unique characters than the raiders. Actually no team in professional sports has.

For a guy that claims to be of higher faith it amazes how you fall to the extreme left of every conservative thought and belief. Pretty amazing actually. Your first paragraph is a mind bender. Instead of feeling sad you should be helping those in need pray the ghey away so they’ll be no more bullying in the world.

I don't understand why Nassib feels that he's got to announce to the world that he's gay. Who cares.
A perfect time to declare. With woke tolerant Corporate America being what it is, I wouldn’t be surprised if his endorsement deals, book/TV money exceed his football money. Quite brilliant of him (and his agent) actually.

I didn’t consider this perspective at first but I see the plausibility. So he makes a biz move per the suggestions of his agent/investment partners while capitalizing on the piqued interests of the woke community and his anticipated role model status in the gay community. Interesting.

I would hate to be in Gidell’s seat at this point in time. Wait, he makes $40M/yr. Never mind. The NFL will soon become a willing participant. They are indebted to the government and will follow their lead. As such, The NFL will soon be sponsoring Bud and Miller light commercials celebrating the gay community. Jerry will sponsor gay Cowboy day. Roger and the NFL will capitalize the most.

For a guy that claims to be of higher faith it amazes how you fall to the extreme left of every conservative thought and belief. Pretty amazing actually. Your first paragraph is a mind bender. Instead of feeling sad you should be helping those in need pray the ghey away so they’ll be no more bullying in the world.
This suicide crisis is real. Everyone needs a role model. And for goodness sakes it has nothing to do with far left.

I think his jersey has been the biggest seller since he came out. Good move by him and his agents, I got no problem with it.

Hey! Michael Sam was picked up by the Cowboys before being cut again! 30 other owners aren't as enlightened as Jerry. Or 30 other GM's figured out he couldn't play.

Because lots of people and lots of media continue to make it a big deal. Just like racism, these folks want racism to go away but can't shut up about it. These folks want homosexuals to feel "normal" and valued, but can't stop making them seem like freaks to the masses.

Is he a good dude? A good teammate? Does he serve his community? Does he treat people with respect? Seems pretty simple to me, but I'm not an asshole fake woke agenda pusher so....

Reactions: Lampasas
This poor woMAN is getting robbed, Biden should step in and right this wrong….,..and I’m sure he’ll jump at the chance
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...one-rule-keeps-transgender-runner-trials.html

From the story...

**While many have argued that transgender athletes in women's sports have an unfair advantage, Telfer has argued that she is at a disadvantage because her 6-foot-2 frame makes her more susceptible to wind resistance.

'First of all, my height, how tall I am, is a disadvantage, because the wind is hitting us so hard and the taller you are, the harder you fall, basically,' she told OutSports.com.

Another issue is that the spacing of the hurdles is arranged for shorter runners.

'The fact that the hurdles are so close,' Telfer continues. 'The distance between the hurdles is smaller in women's competition. They are six inches shorter than in the men's races, but more than half a meter closer together.'

Telfer faced a significant amount of negative publicity after winning her national title.**

If this isn't the biggest bunch of bullspit, lol. The horror of such disadvantages of a man competing against women...smdh

Reactions: Belldozer1
ADVERTISEMENT