ADVERTISEMENT

Good New Bad News

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
The good news is Sam was sacked fewer times this year than last years game vs OU. He was sacked 9 times last year.

He was only sacked 6 times this year.

Improvement.

Reactions: HornNation101
The good news is Sam was sacked fewer times this year than last years game vs OU. He was sacked 9 times last year.

Improvement.
Offensive line was terrible today. Sam was the only reason we even had a chance to win it.

Improvement.
That is funny. Like when your wife tells you, "Remember that wreck last year when I hit that Porsche and Police Car? Well this year I only hit a Lexus!"

The OL might be THE biggest issue. We have forgotten what being badass means on the OL.
Who would blame the Brockermeyer twins from choosing to go elsewhere?

I do not know if it is " garbage in garbafe out"? I doubt it because there are plenty of lower ranked OL prospects who shine in other programs.

The OL sets the tone for the toughness of the team.

We need a coach who is tough and has complete command over these players. We do not need nice coaches who befriend them. To have the players give you that respect, they have to know that you as a coach are capable of helping them achieve their goals is playing at the next level. And Tom Herman and his staff have not done that.

I think they need to take longhorn emblem off the helmet this week and make them earn it back. That will motivate them.

I think they need to take longhorn emblem off the helmet this week and make them earn it back. That will motivate them.
A great idea on another team - for instance, on a team that has each other's back, that loves playing for its school, that has a dose of respect, healthy fear for its coach.
I would guess that if players don't give a crap about remaining on the field for the school song, then they wouldn't care about the emblem on their helmet.

A great idea on another team - for instance, on a team that has each other's back, that loves playing for its school, that has a dose of respect, healthy fear for its coach.
I would guess that if players don't give a crap about remaining on the field for the school song, then they wouldn't care about the emblem on their helmet.
I was being a wise guy. Strong did that tactic twice. We know that worked.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Sam sacked himself a few times. Several times he stayed in the pocket way to long. He needs to get rid of it faster, or run sooner. I think the problem was more with the receivers not able to get open and Sam waiting too long. Run blocking was the bigger problem.

Sam sacked himself a few times. Several times he stayed in the pocket way to long. He needs to get rid of it faster, or run sooner. I think the problem was more with the receivers not able to get open and Sam waiting too long. Run blocking was the bigger problem.
I was there. No one was open. I keep hearing about these talented skill position players - I don't know if its the play calling, or the inability to run routes, or the overrating of their skills, but they were mediocre at best. Our whole offense was Sam scrambling with an occasional pass interference penalties. Sam was not accurate. Which is understandable when he's running for his life - the O Line is terrible.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
I thought our OLine had at least two starters who were going to be sure-fire bets to be drafted next spring. Cosmi is supposed to be a top 10 pick!!! I thought he was good. Kerstetter, Angilau and Jones have played like garbage this season. If I'm an NFL scout, I'd stay the hell away from all of these guys. Horribly over-rated.

I was there. No one was open. I keep hearing about these talented skill position players - I don't know if its the play calling, or the inability to run routes, or the overrating of their skills, but they were mediocre at best. Our whole offense was Sam scrambling with an occasional pass interference penalties. Sam was not accurate. Which is understandable when he's running for his life - the O Line is terrible.
And here I was thinking this whole time that you go to the RRS with your dad to root for the Sooners.

Reactions: diadevic

Generic route tree and pass design. Poor mechanics in route breaks. Poor personnel decisions.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
ADVERTISEMENT