ADVERTISEMENT

Has Kyle Flood been interviewed?

westx

Dec 6, 2009
I haven't seen any pressers, so I am just asking if Kyle Flood has been up at the microphone answering questions about our offensive line. I am curious as to what he has said. Anybody have any information on this?

I haven't seen any pressers, so I am just asking if Kyle Flood has been up at the microphone answering questions about our offensive line. I am curious as to what he has said. Anybody have any information on this?
Nothing more to say about our o-line other than it was completly offensive to watch.

Kyle Flood begins at 17:10 mark
i was really hoping to hear his thoughts post arky. I am interested in hearing a legitimate rationale for how his OL was dominated. I think it is important to hear it from him, since he is the OL and OC.

Last edited:
To be blunt…I don’t think he needs to for us to understand why. It’s just boils down to physics. He specifically says he likes big humans and needs them for our scheme. We need big humans and we don’t have them.

To be blunt…I don’t think he needs to for us to understand why. It’s just boils down to physics. He specifically says he likes big humans and needs them for our scheme. We need big humans and we don’t have them.
our O-line is more than beefy, but they are certainly not athletic

We have 3 and 4 star OL. Our recruits are higher rated than most if not all the teams we play.

We have 3 and 4 star OL. Our recruits are higher rated than most if not all the teams we play.
When your aJr, SR I don’t think your star rating mattes anymore you kinda are what you are. Maybe you were overrated, maybe the previous coaching staff ****ed up your development whatever you are what you are

When your aJr, SR I don’t think your star rating mattes anymore you kinda are what you are. Maybe you were overrated, maybe the previous coaching staff ****ed up your development whatever you are what you are
I disagree. These rating experts have been at it a long time. There is some kind of consistency. Unless, Texas just happens to luck into 100% of the left side of the 3* and 4* bell curve every year. Unlikely.

I disagree. These rating experts have been at it a long time. There is some kind of consistency. Unless, Texas just happens to luck into 100% of the left side of the 3* and 4* bell curve every year. Unlikely.
I’m not saying the recruiting ranking folks don’t know what they are doing. I’m saying the further away you get away from that high school ranking the less likely it is you reach that potential in college.

there are a lot of different reasons for that. Maybe it’s bad coaching, maybe you were overrated, maybe you don’t work hard, maybe you partied to much who knows

I personally think Tom Herman’s recruits were overrated. When Herman won the sugar bowl with that defense, Colin Johnson, Devin duvernay most of those guys Charlie brought in and Herman/Orlando coached up. When those guys left… you saw a severe drop off.

I’m not saying the recruiting ranking folks don’t know what they are doing. I’m saying the further away you get away from that high school ranking the less likely it is you reach that potential in college.

there are a lot of different reasons for that. Maybe it’s bad coaching, maybe you were overrated, maybe you don’t work hard, maybe you partied to much who knows

I personally think Tom Herman’s recruits were overrated. When Herman won the sugar bowl with that defense, Colin Johnson, Devin duvernay most of those guys Charlie brought in and Herman/Orlando coached up. When those guys left… you saw a severe drop off.
Tom Herman's recruits are not overrated. In the ol we have 3 upperclassman who were recruited by CS. With the exception of our secondary our sr class has not been getting the job done on the field. Another reason I don't think Herman's recruits are overrated is the outstanding individual talent on this team. In fact that's our biggest asset.

What's the deal with Ryan Bujkevski I noticed he's still on the roster. I know he suffered another ACL against WV last year. Has he retired? Dicker is not a punter. Why isn't Isaac Pearson playing?

It's not the assistant coaches jobs to answer to the media. That falls on the head coach. I doubt you hear anything from them all season. Most head coaches don't let their assistants do interviews during the season, I think Saban is one of them.

Tom Herman's recruits are not overrated. In the ol we have 3 upperclassman who were recruited by CS. With the exception of our secondary our sr class has not been getting the job done on the field. Another reason I don't think Herman's recruits are overrated is the outstanding individual talent on this team. In fact that's our biggest asset.

What's the deal with Ryan Bujkevski I noticed he's still on the roster. I know he suffered another ACL against WV last year. Has he retired? Dicker is not a punter. Why isn't Isaac Pearson playing?
I’ve heard some folks reference that Bujkevski has had trouble coming back from the ACL… haven’t heard anyone elaborate.

Tom Herman spent 4 years here at Texas. Let’s throw out the current senior class because that’s the weird “in between class” where some of the previous coaches recruits stay committed some of the new coaches recruits come. It’s just weird.

Herman did a pretty good job recruiting defense Damarvion, Jamison, bj foster, Caden sterns, etc

offensively though. The recruits just haven’t reached potential. Maybe that’s an indictment of Herman as a coach given that he’s an offensive guy idk

I’ve heard some folks reference that Bujkevski has had trouble coming back from the ACL… haven’t heard anyone elaborate.

Tom Herman spent 4 years here at Texas. Let’s throw out the current senior class because that’s the weird “in between class” where some of the previous coaches recruits stay committed some of the new coaches recruits come. It’s just weird.

Herman did a pretty good job recruiting defense Damarvion, Jamison, bj foster, Caden sterns, etc

offensively though. The recruits just haven’t reached potential. Maybe that’s an indictment of Herman as a coach given that he’s an offensive guy idk
In the last 4 games Bijan, and Jordan, have played like the 5* recruits they were in college. But why isn't Jared Wiley starting?

In the last 4 games Bijan, and Jordan, have played like the 5* recruits they were in college. But why isn't Jared Wiley starting?
I hope we can get him the ball. In the Arky game, no tight end caught a single pass. Brewer had the opportunity when Casey threw him the ball, but Brewer failed to make the completion on a very easy wide open pass that went in and out of his hands.

I hope we can get him the ball. In the Arky game, no tight end caught a single pass. Brewer had the opportunity when Casey threw him the ball, but Brewer failed to make the completion on a very easy wide open pass that went in and out of his hands.
Brewer also got in D'shawn's way on a couple of punt returns that could have been big plays.

And you know Jared Wiley has good hands and can run with the ball after he catches it something Brewer just can't do.

Last edited:
When is the last time we have had an elite receiver? Same with QBs. I know everybody loves Sam but he just didn't have the ability to really take a game over like Colt and VY used to do. We have had a serious problem developing offensive talent.

Reactions: outhereincali
When is the last time we have had an elite receiver? Same with QBs. I know everybody loves Sam but he just didn't have the ability to really take a game over like Colt and VY used to do. We have had a serious problem developing offensive talent.
I thought Duvernay was pretty elite. He didn't get the recognition or have the height but he was as reliable as anyone else.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I thought Duvernay was pretty elite. He didn't get the recognition or have the height but he was as reliable as anyone else.
When I say elite I mean productive the minute they step on campus they are putting up numbers. Duvernay didn't really get going until his senior season. He put up decent numbers his freshman and junior season but nothing spectacular.

When I say elite I mean productive the minute they step on campus they are putting up numbers. Duvernay didn't really get going until his senior season. He put up decent numbers his freshman and junior season but nothing spectacular.
In his defense he played for Charlie Strong those first couple of years.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Duvernay caught everything thrown to him. Dont blame him. Blame the game planners and QB's. When you have one guy that absolutely NEVER drops anything you need to figure a way to throw at him.

Duvernay caught everything thrown to him. Dont blame him. Blame the game planners and QB's. When you have one guy that absolutely NEVER drops anything you need to figure a way to throw at him.
I'm not blaming anybody at all, i'm just simply stating we haven't had a game changing receiver since Shipley. That's one position we have really struggled to recruit and develop.

I'm not blaming anybody at all, i'm just simply stating we haven't had a game changing receiver since Shipley. That's one position we have really struggled to recruit and develop.
But, that is what DHorn and Oldhorn mean. Duvernay was game changing. He didn’t have Colt and a decent OL like Shipley did.

ADVERTISEMENT