ADVERTISEMENT

herm edwards ASU

I like Herm Edwards a lot as a man. He's a really good guy. However, as a football coach, he's way too conservative. IMO he'll be average at best at ASU.

But by golly his AZS team beat that ahole D'antonio last night. I take partial credit for putting this game on upset alert lol.

I like Herm Edwards a lot as a man. He's a really good guy. However, as a football coach, he's way too conservative. IMO he'll be average at best at ASU.

And let me tell you something else. Last night the Pac XII, the worst conference in the country, beat the little ten twice last night. And they were underdogs in both games. And yet our conference can't even win one game against the little ten. I don't mind admitting that frustrates the h*ll out of me.

I agree I am a chiefs fan so I saw his coaching first hand you are pretty spot on. Like you said though he is an awesome guy. The thing that might make him successful in college is I could see him recruiting well, kids wanting to play for him and parents wanting their kids to play for him. One thing is for sure he will bring some much needed ethics and positive attitude to college ball.

This just highlights the crap we have going on right now. Most of this board had a good laugh at Arizona State this summer.

But you know sometimes hires like this can surprise the he** out of us. A perfect case in point is Pete Carroll. He was fired twice when SC hired him. And look at what he did. Then he takes the Seattle job and this former NFL coach who was fired twice and wins a SB. Now I'm not saying Herm Edwards is gonna do what Carroll did but AZS may get the last laugh. The AZ schools have a bitter rivalry and everyone thought the AZS hire was a joke. However at one time AZS had a nice brown and gold uniforms. They need to burn that s*it they're wearing now.

But you know sometimes hires like this can surprise the he** out of us. A perfect case in point is Pete Carroll. He was fired twice when SC hired him. And look at what he did. Then he takes the Seattle job and this former NFL coach who was fired twice and wins a SB. Now I'm not saying Herm Edwards is gonna do what Carroll did but AZS may get the last laugh. The AZ schools have a bitter rivalry and everyone thought the AZS hire was a joke. However at one time AZS had a nice brown and gold uniforms. They need to burn that s*it they're wearing now.

I definitely agree with you on the uniforms. The pitchfork thing is way over played. They should go back with Sparky as their logo. Since when did black become one of ASU's official colors? What they wore on Saturday was awful.

The notion that Pete Carroll failed in the NFL has been a bit overplayed through the years.

He got one year with the jets and went 6-10. Not many coaches are fired after one year regardless of recored

His 3 years in NE he went 10-6, 9-7, 8-8. Made the playoffs twice and had a 1-2 recored in playoff games

Point being this wasn’t a Steve spurrier, Nick Saban situation where they were just complete failures in the pros. Pete Carroll was pretty decent in his first go around and for whatever reason was on a short leash. If we no one saw Pete Carroll being at least pretty good college coach and even good again in the NFL it was probably because of the narrative they wanted to push, and less based on fact.

The notion that Pete Carroll failed in the NFL has been a bit overplayed through the years.

He got one year with the jets and went 6-10. Not many coaches are fired after one year regardless of recored

His 3 years in NE he went 10-6, 9-7, 8-8. Made the playoffs twice and had a 1-2 recored in playoff games

Point being this wasn’t a Steve spurrier, Nick Saban situation where they were just complete failures in the pros. Pete Carroll was pretty decent in his first go around and for whatever reason was on a short leash. If we no one saw Pete Carroll being at least pretty good college coach and even good again in the NFL it was probably because of the narrative they wanted to push, and less based on fact.

Fair point. At NE, the perception was he inherited a loaded team from Parcells coming off a Super Bowl, and underachieved with them. If he'd done better those 3 years, Parcells would've gotten credit for it, not him. It's like many folks think Bill Walsh and Jimmy Johnson won 4 and 3 Super Bowls when they actually won 3 and 2.

Speaking of the Jets, they had Carroll, Belicheck, and Parcells at HC over a short period of time. Those three are a combined 8-5 in Super Bowls, but none with the Jets.

ADVERTISEMENT