ADVERTISEMENT

Herman gets a pass if....

2300 Nueces

Sep 27, 2015
He can bring in top 5 classes year after year. Top 5 classes will trump average coaching. Right now the bmd's appear dialed in because the cash is flowing. If no results, then well... keep the top talent coming in. This is Hermans recipe for success. If the current class falls apart, well then it gets ugly. I have a hard time watching mismatched schemes so I tend to get grumpy. Think I can pick up some free tickets to the ku game?

He can bring in top 5 classes year after year. Top 5 classes will trump average coaching. Right now the bmd's appear dialed in because the cash is flowing. If no results, then well... keep the top talent coming in. This is Hermans recipe for success. If the current class falls apart, well then it gets ugly. I have a hard time watching mismatched schemes so I tend to get grumpy. Think I can pick up some free tickets to the ku game?

Herman gets a pass from who?

I'd be willing to bet a large amount of money that if Herman brings in top five classes repeatedly, that Texas will win and win big.

Reactions: freeper
I'd be willing to bet a large amount of money that if Herman brings in top five classes repeatedly, that Texas will win and win big.

I know and this is what it will take. Hence, the support of the BMD's. But on the flip side, if for some reason recruiting slips and average coaching takes place, he will get into trouble.

At this point I think most Texas fans would take Mack pre collapse.
That’s the thing. Herman isn’t Mack Brown. Mack had 13 years of HC expierence at 3 different schools. 9 of which was at a power conference school. He had built programs from the ground up,and had pretty much seen it all. I mean Mack was 2-20 in his first two years at UNC. 10-1 his last year. He really had expierenced it all.

Herman hadn’t done any of that. He took over a team that went 8-5 and 7-5 prior to him grtting there with a lot of guys back, and won big with them. That’s great for him, but doesn’t necessarily get him ready for this type of job. Maybe he will develop in to a great coach time will tell but he has no clue what he’s doing right now(and he shouldn’t). I think now that all the hype is over it’s ppretty clear we should of at least given it some more thought before we jumped in to bed with Herman.

Reactions: oakforest horn
That’s the thing. Herman isn’t Mack Brown. Mack had 13 years of HC expierence at 3 different schools. 9 of which was at a power conference school. He had built programs from the ground up,and had pretty much seen it all. I mean Mack was 2-20 in his first two years at UNC. 10-1 his last year. He really had expierenced it all.

Herman hadn’t done any of that. He took over a team that went 8-5 and 7-5 prior to him grtting there with a lot of guys back, and won big with them. That’s great for him, but doesn’t necessarily get him ready for this type of job. Maybe he will develop in to a great coach time will tell but he has no clue what he’s doing right now(and he shouldn’t). I think now that all the hype is over it’s ppretty clear we should of at least given it some more thought before we jumped in to bed with Herman.

You can't be serious? You think Herman has no clue what he's doing? This has to be the stupidest thing you've ever posted here. Texas has major injury and depth issues on the OL, doesn't have a dynamic QB and no running game to speak of. The defense is playing really well and we're not seeing players out of position committing dumb penalties, and the mental lapses and missed tackles have been remedied. Also gone is the bad clock management and we haven't screwed up a coin flip or lost to Kansas.

Herman is recruiting really well and its going to take a few recruiting classes and him getting his guys in here to see what he can do. He deserves at least three years to show what he can do. People who are calling for him to be fired now are clueless. Mack made it look easy looking back on it and was a damn good coach at Texas. We'd be lucky to have another Mack Brown. Strong came here with experience from a major conference and he failed miserably.

Ryan, your bullshit is old. If you can't post something intelligent, please refrain from posting.

Reactions: freeper and tlra2
You can be serious? You think Herman has no clue what he's doing? This has to be the stupidest thing you've ever posted here. Texas has major injury and depth issues on the OL, doesn't have a dynamic QB and no running game to speak of. The defense is playing really well and we're not seeing players out of position committing dumb penalties, and the mental lapses and missed tackles have been remedied. Also gone is the bad clock management and we haven't screwed up a coin flip or lost to Kansas.

Herman is recruiting really well and its going to take a few recruiting classes and him getting his guys in here to see what he can do. He deserves at least three years to show what he can do. People who are calling for him to be fired now are clueless. Mack made it look easy looking back on it and was a damn good coach at Texas. We'd be lucky to have another Mack Brown. Strong came here with experience from a major conference and he failed miserably.

Ryan, your bullshit is old. If you can't post something intelligent, please refrain from posting.
Pretty much all of his posts are trash, so it’s hard to find a stupidest post.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t mean it’s not intelegent...

You and a few others were telling me in August we were going to win more games this year just because the coaching was better... how’s that working out so far?

And yes it is my position as of right now Herman is in over his head and has no clue what he’s doing. Certainly doesn’t mean he won’t figure it out but right now he’s struggling.

- he’s been trying to be cute with the starting QB position. Week 1 when he named Shane the starter he said he’s the starter “today”. Every week now it’s it could be one guy or the other or hell all 3. He even mentioned once that he should of considered heard more in summer camp. He doesn’t know who he wants to,play.

- he says he’s involved in the offense butdoednt want to be too much and doesn’t want to call plays because he can’t see the field.

- players will make plays on offense and we won’t run that play again or give that player the ball again. One series were bubble screening and running QB draws. The next series were chucking the ball down field.

Right now we have no direction. We’re great on defense. That’s about it. I’m not saying he won’t figure it out but to act like this is all part of the master plan is a little silly.

Yeah he’s recruitijg well. That was pretty much expected. That was his rep.

Last edited:
Are you intelegent?
Nothing I’ve said is un true. You may have a different opinion, and that’s fine but it doesn’t make you smart and me dumb. I hope I’m wrong and Tom Herman is the next Nick Saban and wins 10 championships. But I have a feeling this time next year people maybe even you will be joining me in the skeptical crowd.

Ryan, its very obvious that you've never played football, been coached, coached, or been around high school or college coaches. Your blatant disrespect for Tom Herman shows and it's due to a lack of knowledge. For whatever reason, you can't stop rushing to the keyboard to post your uninformed, lame opinions on Texas football. Please do everyone a favor and stop posting. You're making a fool out of yourself.

Reactions: Pumpedup55
Nothing I’ve said is un true. You may have a different opinion, and that’s fine but it doesn’t make you smart and me dumb. I hope I’m wrong and Tom Herman is the next Nick Saban and wins 10 championships. But I have a feeling this time next year people maybe even you will be joining me in the skeptical crowd.

Sounds pretty intelegent to me.

Ryan, its very obvious that you've never played football, been coached, coached, or been around high school or college coaches. Your blatant disrespect for Tom Herman shows and it's due to a lack of knowledge. For whatever reason, you can't stop rushing to the keyboard to post your uninformed, lame opinions on Texas football. Please do everyone a favor and stop posting. You're making a fool out of yourself.

Ryan is in a wheelchair. Can you be more crass and classless? Your comments come across as somewhat bigoted.

Fo4 your information I have never played football due to physical disability. That doesn’t mean I know any less about football or all sports than anyone else. I can talk sports with anyone and know just as much as anyone else.

I have not coached football but I have coached basketball and coached athletes to become parslympians. So yeah I’m comfortable with my sports knowlage, andnot plsying football has nothing to do with ones ability to comment on it. If it did all these sites would be out of buisness. Your need to rush to the keyboard and express your distain for me seems to be more of an issue.

As far as being “disrespectful” to Tom Herman. Wtf does that even mean? Is this supposed to be some kind of worship site or something? Look you can disagree with my opinion that Tom Herman is in over his head right now. That’s fine you have a right to your opinion, but I will not have my intelligence questioned by anyone least of all someone that doesn’t know me in the least, you may beca mod but that doesn’t give you the right to attack anyone personally or resort to name calling. As far as “respect for Herman”I haven’t said anything that hasn’t been said by others or wasn’t said about Charlie Strong. If you want this to be a Tom Herman love fest. Then you better hope for some W’s soon. If you don’t like my posts then don’t read them but don’t insult me by calling me dumb, or act like playing football is some sort of pre request to talking about football.

Ryan is in a wheelchair. Can you be more crass and classless? Your comments come across as somewhat bigoted.

His comments are uninformed and off base and so are yours. Don't go there and try to make this about something that it is not. My commentary about his football knowledge has nothing to do with his disability.

His comments are uninformed and off base and so are yours. Don't go there and try to make this about something that it is not. My commentary about his football knowledge has nothing to do with his disability.
Your problem with my comments is simply they don’t agree with yours. Because I haven’t said anything others haven’t said. And some of them played football so it’s ok to say it I guess.

Fo4 your information I have never played football due to physical disability. That doesn’t mean I know any less about football or all sports than anyone else. I can talk sports with anyone and know just as much as anyone else.

I have not coached football but I have coached basketball and coached athletes to become parslympians. So yeah I’m comfortable with my sports knowlage, andnot plsying football has nothing to do with ones ability to comment on it. If it did all these sites would be out of buisness. Your need to rush to the keyboard and express your distain for me seems to be more of an issue.

As far as being “disrespectful” to Tom Herman. Wtf does that even mean? Is this supposed to be some kind of worship site or something? Look you can disagree with my opinion that Tom Herman is in over his head right now. That’s fine you have a right to your opinion, but I will not have my intelligence questioned by anyone least of all someone that doesn’t know me in the least, you may beca mod but that doesn’t give you the right to attack anyone personally or resort to name calling. As far as “respect for Herman”I haven’t said anything that hasn’t been said by others or wasn’t said about Charlie Strong. If you want this to be a Tom Herman love fest. Then you better hope for some W’s soon. If you don’t like my posts then don’t read them but don’t insult me by calling me dumb, or act like playing football is some sort of pre request to talking about football.

You don't have to like Herman or what he's doing, but geez man, at least have a clue what you're talking about. I'm embarrassed for you how uninformed you are about him and Texas football.

You don't have to like Herman or what he's doing, but geez man, at least have a clue what you're talking about. I'm embarrassed for you how uninformed you are about him and Texas football.
Don’t be embarrassed for me. I know just as much about Texas Football as any of you all here. Been following it since about 96 or so.

I’ve been saying for about a month now Herman better take control of the offense or he’d find himself in the same boat as Strong. What’s on the front page of this site. Anwar basicslly writing the same thing. Are you embaressed for him to? I think it bothers you that I might be right.... it’s ok. It bothers me to.

5 million dollar pass

Don’t be embarrassed for me. I know just as much about Texas Football as any of you all here. Been following it since about 96 or so.

I’ve been saying for about a month now Herman better take control of the offense or he’d find himself in the same boat as Strong. What’s on the front page of this site. Anwar basicslly writing the same thing. Are you embaressed for him to? I think it bothers you that I might be right.... it’s ok. It bothers me to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT