ADVERTISEMENT

HIGH NOON!

kndukellc

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2020
I read where someone thought the ou/TEX shoot out should be played at night. I would suggest that all home games and especially this one should be played at HIGH NOON!, all good western shoot outs were always at High Noon. Would make for good promos, you can imagine what creative images and music you could put on the Big Board

"A Coach Royal Disciple"

Reactions: DancesWithWolves
I read where someone thought the ou/TEX shoot out should be played at night. I would suggest that all home games and especially this one should be played at HIGH NOON!, all good western shoot outs were always at High Noon. Would make for good promos, you can imagine what creative images and music you could put on the Big Board

"A Coach Royal Disciple"
While the game would be a lot of fun at night, there is a small problem. Fair Park is ranked the #5 most dangerous neighborhood in the US and the State Fair gets considerably more dangerous at night. Also, Dallas hasn't been the shining star of crime stats. Two o'clock is perfect but noon or eleven sucks.

While the game would be a lot of fun at night, there is a small problem. Fair Park is ranked the #5 most dangerous neighborhood in the US and the State Fair gets considerably more dangerous at night. Also, Dallas hasn't been the shining star of crime stats. Two o'clock is perfect but noon or eleven sucks.

This right here. the Texas/OU game will never be played at night at the Cotton Bowl due to the high crime rate in the area around the stadium.

RJ Young was taking about this. Since he's affiliated with Fox he was takling about games Fox will broadcast this year. For the first time in awhile ESPN will be doing this years game. One thing is certain it will not be at 11. RJ was talking about players on both teams hate playing that early. He talked about the pros of playing at night. Deshawn Jamison said he would rather play at night. But at the end said it won't happen.

What worries me most about it being on ESPN is that Fowler will do the game. I can listen to Herbstreit, I can listen to Maria Taylor, but Fowler makes me want to kick in the television.

ADVERTISEMENT