ADVERTISEMENT

Home and series: Alabama

meh.. nice of them to cross the mississippi. unless this home-and-home is 1 at their place and 1 at the "neutral" site of atlanta

Win-win. Maybe Saban is gone by then and they aren't still this Monster Bama. If they are still this Bama, no shame in getting beat - get credit for stepping up and playing them.

Win-win. Maybe Saban is gone by then and they aren't still this Monster Bama. If they are still this Bama, no shame in getting beat - get credit for stepping up and playing them.

There's always shame in getting beat but thanks for assuming it will be a loss. "Credit" ?

That there is aggy mentality

And then again, bama may get caught making millions in payments to these athletes and get the death penalty. Who knows a$$y? Did you catch that.... I called him assy instead of aggy with 2 dolla signs.=)roll

Why? They are on a totally different level. If you think your program is on par with Bama, you are as delusional as some of the folks on Texags.
If you played them this year you would get killed. But who knows in 4 years. If they stay what they are, nobody will blame you guys for getting beat.
If you expect to be Bama is 4 years, good luck with that.

This is great for college football. I hate OU, but was glued to the tube for OU/tOSU last year. This will be bigger. A lot bigger than BU/Incarnate Word anyway.

Texas is 7-1-1 against Alabama all-time.In four years my guess Saban will be retired and Texas hopefully can recruit and build the OL and DL to win in the trenches Unknown by most ,DKR never lost to Bear Bryant of Alabama who many consider the best college coach of ALL time.

I recently went to Orange Beach, Al. In one of the ocean side restaurants there was an obnoxious wall full of bama pictures from mnc games. Guess which one was represented the most, yep you guessed it. Bama's daddy. 7-1-1 and they wouldn't have won that one save for a freak injury to Colt. Not to mention, GG almost came back and won that game. I think we beat them.

This is bad for Longhorn. You can't keep telling people about the good old days and referring to yourselves as "Daddy" if you have to actually play them on the field today. Stick with the 7 on 7 league. ;)

By the time this game is played, who knows who will be who in CFB. It is very likely that Saban will have retired by then. Alabama won't be the top dog forever. They'll have their drop off, just like every school does. Everything ebbs and flows, and Alabama is not immune to that.

You never know this could be Alabama trying to show America they're back and Texas is on top when we get to this game. Things change and for us I'm hoping hiring TH was the correct solution.

Reactions: LonghornMM
bullshit!....historically, we stack up very well against them. I hope Saban is still there and they are still what Bama is today. We will be just fine. We beat Auburn 2 years running when they had Bo Jackson. The last time we played Bama we were without out star QB from the middle of the first quarter on and the game was in doubt with under 4 minutes to play. No moral victories needed here. What shows up on the scoreboard will do fine.

I want their asses at full f’ing strength, any day, any time. TEXAS kicking somebody’s ass has never been an upset, and never will be. Shame on some of you guys with this “maybe Saban will be retired” garbage. WTF is that???

I want their asses at full f’ing strength, any day, any time. TEXAS kicking somebody’s ass has never been an upset, and never will be. Shame on some of you guys with this “maybe Saban will be retired” garbage. WTF is that???

You didn't hear? We'll get credit even if we lose because it's Alabama and we're just little ole Texas :rolleyes:.

Reactions: HornDrummer
I recently went to Orange Beach, Al. In one of the ocean side restaurants there was an obnoxious wall full of bama pictures from mnc games. Guess which one was represented the most, yep you guessed it. Bama's daddy. 7-1-1 and they wouldn't have won that one save for a freak injury to Colt. Not to mention, GG almost came back and won that game. I think we beat them.
I love hypotheticals: "We would have beaten them if." "If Major Applewhite had played all year we would have won the National Championship." I think Bama was superior in every way in that game and Colt getting hurt, coupled with Saban's insane conservatism gives you guys an excuse. But that's just one take.

Reactions: BobWeltlich
And what team do you like to see win? oldschoolcat?
Good question. We recruit against both, but Bama doesn't go head to head against us as often as Texas. So I'll once again root for your demise. (as about 90% of you do ours....so spare me the "obsession" chatter)

I love hypotheticals: "We would have beaten them if." "If Major Applewhite had played all year we would have won the National Championship." I think Bama was superior in every way in that game and Colt getting hurt, coupled with Saban's insane conservatism gives you guys an excuse. But that's just one take.

Joe did you watch the game?

The Alabama 'D' knocked Texas quarterback Colt McCoy out of the Citi BCS Championship Game early, then made a big play late to stop a Longhorns comeback in a 37-21 victory Thursday that brought glory back to the program Bear built.

We were making a comeback with a redshirt QB. We had 5 turnovers and 4 were his INT's but yet Bama was superior. Colt being in that game the whole time would've been a different story.

It was 21-24 Bama in the 4th. Give me a break aggy.

Anyone know how we ended up with a game at Arkansas without them coming to play in Austin?

Good question. We recruit against both, but Bama doesn't go head to head against us as often as Texas. So I'll once again root for your demise. (as about 90% of you do ours....so spare me the "obsession" chatter)
I would hope you are not ashamed of your team since you should not be afraid to come out of the closet.Anyone could make remarks in a darken movie house but not so much when the lights come on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT