ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible ending to a beautiful LSU’s girl’s life. As a dad not sure how you survive this without exacting some personal revenge

I wish we had an eye for an eye law.

This is why I told my kid when she was in school to never trust anyone at the bars. Always buy your own drinks and if you can make it beer. I hate that this happened to this young lady. Parents shouldn't have to worry about their kids in college but there's some evil mf'ers out there.

Yeh that blood alcohol is off the charts. Terrible that men/boys would do this to a girl no matter how drunk she is and then just leave her somewhere.
I explain this to my daughter all the time. Don't be place impaired because it could end up being the last day your life is ever normal............

Did I read the article wrong? They dropped her off at an address that she gave them. She had sex consensually. Yeah she was drunk but I'm sure they were too. So where's their crime? I don't get the "she was drunk so she can change her mind after the fact" mentality.

Now if they determine they drugged her, or that there was zero chance she was conscious when the acts happened, okay. But they're being charged and called gang rapists because some rich, pretty blonde girl got blitzed and got hit by a car??? I may have to re- read the article to find where the boys were responsible for that.

She gave them a number of addresses. One of the guys say that she was too drunk to consent and they just left her on the side of the road.
They should have at least made sure she was somewhere safe. They left an obviously compromised individual on the side of the road helpless. Also, we all know that consent from someone that is that drunk isn't truly consent based on the law.
I'm not taking sides. She shouldn't have been plastered and by herself in public. Those guys knew her condition. Lots of bad decisions here that have and will continue to ruin lives.

Reactions: MATF
Did the guys know her condition if they were in a similar condition? I just don't understand how being drunk allows a woman to retroactively excuse herself from all responsibility, and give her the right to ruin a man's life.

Why was she even allowed in a bar in the first place? I mean she was only 19 and 3 of the 4 boys were under 21. Sorority girls are known for sticking together when they're out in public. Why weren't her sisters there to help her?

Last edited:
Reactions: MATF
Again, SHE-- not the boys, not the bar-- made her choices. Those choices led to her having sex with multiple men and, sadly, dying.

There may be charges for the bar, but these boys aren't criminals. She blonde and pretty, and most importantly rich. That's why these boys are being pursued. It's not right

Again, SHE-- not the boys, not the bar-- made her choices. Those choices led to her having sex with multiple men and, sadly, dying.

There may be charges for the bar, but these boys aren't criminals. She blonde and pretty, and most importantly rich. That's why these boys are being pursued. It's not right
EDT this is what they got charged for. One of them admitted that she was plastered and that they even felt bad about it.
Louisiana's third-degree rape charge generally involves a victim who is 'incapable of resisting or of understanding the nature of the act by reason of a stupor or abnormal condition of mind produced by an intoxicating agent or any cause and the offender knew or should have known of the victim's incapacity.'

If you're a single female, stay out of bars. Family men don't hang out in them. Nothing good happens after 9 pm in public. A majority of young men are not marriage material. I critique men in front of my daughters so that they know how to read them.

The fraternity/sorority scene is a waste of time and money. I would add that the whole college party scene is trash. Best to avoid and save your money and time.

Still a lot of facts to unpack from this very sad and tragic situation. All of the parties involved made poor choices with the potential to ruin many lives. At a minimum, the bar and the three young men will be civilly liable for their actions. Hope the bar has a good general liability insurance policy to protect them from any applicable liquor liability laws that were violated. The young men and their parents (assuming they're still dependent on the parents) will also be facing civil suits and hopefully have homeowners insurance to pay for their civil defense. Most insurance policies won't provide liability coverage for "intentional acts" so it's possible the parents will have to foot the legal bills all on their own.

I'll have to research LA law on liquor liability and the legal requirements to consent to sex.

The emotional impact for anyone on a jury for a case like this is enormous. The boys may not be criminally liable but their actions and treatment of this young woman is going to piss off a jury to the point that this will be a case of jury nullification. In other words, the jury will say "fvck the law...we know this ain't technically a crime but these asshats need to pay!" and they will render a guilty verdict anyway.

If you're a single female, stay out of bars. Family men don't hang out in them. Nothing good happens after 9 pm in public. A majority of young men are not marriage material. I critique men in front of my daughters so that they know how to read them.

The fraternity/sorority scene is a waste of time and money. I would add that the whole college party scene is trash. Best to avoid and save your money and time.
I agree with all you said but remember you're talking about teens and a loser 28yr old still hanging with teens.

Some of us here are lucky to be alive or have no illegal issues after some of our past college partying at a bar days. This one has ended a life, ruined lives and left lifetime grief for family and friends. RIP young lady.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Some of us here are lucky to be alive or have no illegal issues after some of our past college partying at a bar days. This one has ended a life, ruined lives and left lifetime grief for family and friends. RIP young lady.
You can't see me, but I just did the sign of the cross on myself while reading your first sentence.

I look back and think "Jesus you dumbass, you should be dead from (________________ fill in the blank) 200 times over." And I didn't stop after college. I traveled the world with my work, and partied like Motley Crue (minus the drugs) and fvcked like Chamberlain (Wilt not Neville). Managed to never pick up the Sabre toothed crotch crickets or the drip, and there could be a village of mini-Me's somewhere in Eastern Europe, but I managed to perfect the pullout method by mid freshman year.

Yes kids-- the rules have changed regarding drunk skirts. If you're drunk and she's drunk and you bump fuzzies, if tomorrow she wakes up and has a change of heart-- you're fvcked. Technically you could get popped for having sex with her if she's considered legally drunk.
I get it- but if you're a dude that likes picking up randos in bars, even IF you're respectable about it, you can still end up under the bus tires.

To be fair to Neville, he did spend quite a bit of time in the Bahamas as a young man and he didn't marry Anne until fairly late. No telling how much cooze he got before Anne but she kept him on a tight leash after they got hitched.

To be fair to Neville, he did spend quite a bit of time in the Bahamas as a young man and he didn't marry Anne until fairly late. No telling how much cooze he got before Anne but she kept him on a tight leash after they got hitched.
Hitler made Chamberlain and Edward VIII look like fools.

ADVERTISEMENT