ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Hat Trick

UT1997

May 9, 2006
For my fellow longtime Houston fans - the Astros, Texans, and Rockets all lost non-exhibition games yesterday. Not sure if any city has done before, and COVID made it possible. But for a city to lose an NFL, NBA, MLB game in a single day - has to be a historic moment, right?

Reactions: LonghornMM
After having lived there in the 80’s and 90”s...I refer to Houston as choke city. mostly with lasting memories of the Oilers and Astros losing pivotal games. However, the Rockets did provide some relief. Those two championships in the mid 90’s with some sky hook action. So to answer your question, no it’s not surprising for me. :confused:

Texans suck thx BOB, Rockets suck thanks underachievers and Astros well they don’t suck but not doing good but not horrible.

Astros are good but have struggled as of late. And it not because of a list of players injured, rather a bullpen can’t hold a freaking lead. And we suck in extra inning games.
Doesn’t help not having Verlander either.

Reactions: freeper
Astros are good but have struggled as of late. And it not because of a list of players injured, rather a bullpen can’t hold a freaking lead. And we suck in extra inning games.
Doesn’t help not having Verlander either.
I think the Astros will be fine but we’ll see.

Clyde Drexler, Kenny Smith, Otis Thorpe, Vernon Mad Maxwell, Scott Brooks, Sam Cassel, Mario Ellie, Robert Horry, Carl Herrera, Tracy Murray, Chucky Brown all say hello.
Thats a good list of players, but yes, all support players for The Dream.

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT