ADVERTISEMENT

How much UT NIL per recruit?

Okie70

Oct 9, 2001
Checking out all the various recruiting rankings. Not much difference. Alabama usual No. 1. Texas ahead of OU like they have been for most of the last 60 years but both with good groups. But On3.com, which I never saw before, had a column for NIL money. Horns at $250,000. Is that per recruit? Alabama second at $150K. OU, Ohio State, Ga. all around $100 K. USC a little higher. TA&M much less. WTF? You guys laying out a quarter million a year per recruit and can't beat the Tide for recruits? Was this just for Manning, like he needs it. Know you are the richest football program but this seems weird. Maybe this guy is speculating. What say you Clob? Wish you could have been in Austin 30 years later ? Could have retired at 35.

Reactions: dcervantesjr
I think those numbers are bs. No one knows how much every single recruit is making in NIL $. It’s just a guess.

I think those numbers are bs. No one knows how much every single recruit is making in NIL $. It’s just a guess.
I watched a video with Josh Pate the other day and he said these players are getting nowhere near the amounts that are being speculated.

I watched a video with Josh Pate the other day and he said these players are getting nowhere near the amounts that are being speculated.
Agreed! I think there’s a ridiculous amount of clauses in these NIL deals as well. These recruits are being promised a lot of money to sign, but the reality is they don’t see a quarter of the money promised to them. Probably why half of the Aggie fball team transferred lol.

I didn't know where else to put this but anyone following that NIL deal with the Florida qb? He is requesting to be let out of his LOI due to his 13 million deal fell through.....

We warned em!....We stood right there and told em all to play fair and they wouldnt do it. Now they courts authorized NIL and all of a sudden the shackles are off. Those that have been cheating for years ( looking at you SECSECSEC) are about to find out what REAL bagmen can do. The wailing and rending of shirts is going to be delicious.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
We warned em!....We stood right there and told em all to play fair and they wouldnt do it. Now they courts authorized NIL and all of a sudden the shackles are off. Those that have been cheating for years ( looking at you SECSECSEC) are about to find out what REAL bagmen can do. The wailing and rending of shirts is going to be delicious.
This is correct. UT Austin has by far the best resources of any school. It has the best possible fanbase without any pro sport competition. It is going to take some time but I expect Texas to be bullying the SEC because of our resources in short order. Let's hope we can solve some of the stupidity issues within the administration.

Reactions: Drtxhorn and DHHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT