ADVERTISEMENT

How Sooouie it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tennessee is in. Vandy-- the only team that can beat us, is in. Ole miss is getting whipped.

we got a tough bracket in omaha, miss state is going to be a tough out and so is tennessee

we got a tough bracket in omaha, miss state is going to be a tough out and so is tennessee
I think the idea is that all the teams are tough. Both sides of the bracket are solid. NC State didn’t beat Arkansas by chance.

Championships do tell the story so I can't argue there, but the talent is growing far more than it ever has and we are winning in a different way and I do like the way Jimbo is doing it. I think they finish with another top 5 class and I'm venturing to say it could be top 3. I like what they are doing, but you are correct until proven otherwise.

As far as baseball goes with Omaha, Texas has had a pretty easy road to this point. I do think they are playing with a LOT of confidence, but they didn't fair too well against the SEC this year at all. They haven't played a ranked team in the post season yet, so we will see what they can do. I think it is a very good 8 teams with Virginia being the only team that I'm not overly impressed with when I watch them play. Everyone else looks solid.

Championships do tell the story so I can't argue there, but the talent is growing far more than it ever has and we are winning in a different way and I do like the way Jimbo is doing it. I think they finish with another top 5 class and I'm venturing to say it could be top 3. I like what they are doing, but you are correct until proven otherwise.

As far as baseball goes with Omaha, Texas has had a pretty easy road to this point. I do think they are playing with a LOT of confidence, but they didn't fair too well against the SEC this year at all. They haven't played a ranked team in the post season yet, so we will see what they can do. I think it is a very good 8 teams with Virginia being the only team that I'm not overly impressed with when I watch them play. Everyone else looks solid.

aggy has to replace Kellen Mond at QB, who wasn't all that impressive. It appears that Haynes King is going to win the QB job. If he's the best QB on the roster, a&m is in trouble. I've seen him play and was not impressed at all. I can see a&m having three or four losses this year.

Yes, Texas went 0-3 against the $EC in the early season tournament in Arlington. That was a LONG time ago. This team is playing with a lot of confidence right now, and the Horns are the highest seed at the CWS. They are going to be a handful to beat.

Reactions: freeper
I know I agreed with you about King a couple of months ago, but I did like what I saw in the spring game. My big concern is the O-line. If they can't protect him then all bets are off, but if they can give him some time and our running game should be fantastic if the o-line can produce. I'm iffy on King, but I have seen more that I liked and hearing great things. I'm most intrigued by Conner Weigman for next year. I think he is going to be REALLY good.

Don't forget about the loss to A&M for baseball as well....sorry, I had to. Don't worry, I'm licking my baseball wounds still. That was a BAD season. I love the hire with Schloss, so hopefully the turnaround can begin. I agree with you that Texas is playing with a lot of confidence right now which is big.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I know I agreed with you about King a couple of months ago, but I did like what I saw in the spring game. My big concern is the O-line. If they can't protect him then all bets are off, but if they can give him some time and our running game should be fantastic if the o-line can produce. I'm iffy on King, but I have seen more that I liked and hearing great things. I'm most intrigued by Conner Weigman for next year. I think he is going to be REALLY good.

Don't forget about the loss to A&M for baseball as well....sorry, I had to. Don't worry, I'm licking my baseball wounds still. That was a BAD season. I love the hire with Schloss, so hopefully the turnaround can begin. I agree with you that Texas is playing with a lot of confidence right now which is big.
Schloss and his notable record at TCU are no different than Childress’. Lateral trade at best. Good luck with that.

Agreed. He was a thorn. But I don’t think he does anything more at Aggie than he has done at TCU. Opens up an easier path for us for sure.
Well maybe not, but he did more with less at TCU. A&M has always had good talent but they couldn’t develop it. He has more to work with at A&M than he did at TCU and will have a better shot at better players. I haven’t liked Childress for a long time. Players got worse under him and not better and hitters NEVER developed. Time will tell but I like this hire.

Well maybe not, but he did more with less at TCU. A&M has always had good talent but they couldn’t develop it. He has more to work with at A&M than he did at TCU and will have a better shot at better players. I haven’t liked Childress for a long time. Players got worse under him and not better and hitters NEVER developed. Time will tell but I like this hire.

How will he "have more to work with at a&m"? I don't have the stats in front of me, but under Schloss at TCU, I'm pretty sure that they had more kids drafted than a&m did. TCU had talent and coaching. That's why the won. They went to the CWS four years in a row. Just because a&m is in the $EC doesn't automatically mean that they have more talent than a school outside of that conference. Kids aren't exactly beating the door down to play baseball at aggy.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
Here we go with the aggy spin on things thinking they are superior well I can tell you this TCU played aggy twice in 2017 one in Houston with tcu winning 11-10 and again in Omaha when tcu sent aggy home. Now spin those facts.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Yeah, TCU had as much or more talent to work with than A&M. Not sure why they think Schloss did more with less. That may have been true when he first got to TCU but not anytime recent.

Yeah, TCU had as much or more talent to work with than A&M. Not sure why they think Schloss did more with less. That may have been true when he first got to TCU but not anytime recent.
I believe he means a&m has way more resources to recruit and the added benefit of Schloss. Recruits went to TCU to play for Schloss and not to TCU (for the most part)

ADVERTISEMENT