ADVERTISEMENT

How To: The Unofficial Guide to Posting Links, Pics, etc on OB.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to Adjust the Size of an Inserted Picture

Courtesy of Good.Shepard.

If you post a picture that is too big, there’s an easy way to adjust its size. In general, pictures greater than 800 pixels wide tend to be too big for the board. Anything from 400 - 800 is pretty much perfect. So, to shrink any pic that is too big, insert the following code (written in bold) into your "insert picture" code.

How to Change your Font Style

This is a pretty easy one. Just put the following code before what you write.

You can use any font style that exists: ARIAL, VERANDA, TAHOMA, , MONOTYPE CORSIVA, BROADWAY,etc. Just plug the name of the font style between the parentheses.

So how do you post a link as part of your signature? See my failed attempt below.

Originally posted by Bobbykeith:
Originally posted by hooked76:
People don't realize (heck I was on here for 3 years before I did) that there is a resources link that explains all of this. It's to the right of the "post new topic/poll" buttons.

This post was edited on 8/24 3:58 PM by hooked76

Yeah but it uses a foul picture of Brian Bozworth as a sample.

Excellent point. Wish they'd change it.

I guess since Rivals is never going to update their software to make posting pics as easy as sites developed post 1980 I should study this thread.

Originally posted by Tyber:
I have a question.

How do people quote multiple posts when replying?
copy/paste. Open up one post and click the quote button. Copy it. Then open up the next one, paste in the previous quote, then hit the quote button on the new one. Do that w/ as many posts as you like.

I you really want to make it easy and use Firefox get the addon called "Xinha Here".

Then you can simply "right click" in the "message" area to open up Xinha and it will give you a word like interface (WYSIWYG) to make inserting images, or formatting text very easy.

chuck_norris_thumbs_up-sm.gif

This post was edited on 8/27 10:00 AM by HornEsch

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT