ADVERTISEMENT

I can't believe it's almost over

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Today was the first Saturday in exactly 5 months and 1 day that there wasn't a fb game on. I hate it when I run out of excuses to not have to pay attention to the wife and kids. So many kids, so many grandkids, so many time zones. It wouldn't be so bad if at least one of them liked fb. You know if women liked fb more sports bars would go out of business.

So now it comes down to 4 games. Yes the Pro Bowl is still a game. The first one is

TN/KC I dunno I guess the Chiefs will finally win a big one instead of folding when it matters most.

GB/SF listen winning the SB is as big it gets in American sports. A coach wins a SB and he's an immortal for life lol. I mean coach 20 years win just 1 SB and you're in the NFL HoF just ask Bill Cowhder. Lose 4 SB's in a row and you're still in the HoF just ask Marv Levy. That's why I always laugh when I hear them say the NFL HoF is a select place. That being said 49ers coach and Longhorn alum Kyle Shanahan is 2 wins away from being a genius. I mean they're going to induct 2 coaches, 2 geniuses, who went to AR and NCS this August. And in 2 weeks UT is going to have a genius of their own. Make way Tom Landry here comes Kyle Shanahan.

The 49ers win tomorrow and again in 2 weeks. And then in 2 weeks I'll start another thread where I'll try to convince people that I knew Kyle Shanahan was destined for greatness from his days as a walk on receiver.......

outhere, there WAS football on yesterday. Two college all-star games. It still beats regular season basketball, lol.

Sadly, only three meaningful games left. I like both KC and SF to win and cover today, and SF to win a very entertaining Super Bowl game. I'm pulling for the Chiefs to win it all though.

Reactions: freeper
Cali, did you happen to partake in a little hippie lettuce before you wrote this?

I ask only because it's not in your nature to opine about such things in such an in depth way. Now I will grant you that on specific subjects I've seen you take a deep dive before and your opinion and insight are much appreciated. But this seems more like you were sitting out on your front porch, enjoying the view, toking a fatty, and lamenting the end of football for the foreseeable future.

Cali . . . I'm not trying to ruin your day but . . . I'm married too and MY WIFE LOVES FOOTBALL! Hell, she yells and screams at the refs more than I do. She gets pissed when we go watch the Horns and my buddies bring their wives . . . because she wants to watch the game not chat about girlie crap with the other wives!

Like Harrison Ford said in that Lost Ark movie . . . 'YOU CHOSE WISELY' . . . with you being me. :D

Cali, did you happen to partake in a little hippie lettuce before you wrote this?

I ask only because it's not in your nature to opine about such things in such an in depth way. Now I will grant you that on specific subjects I've seen you take a deep dive before and your opinion and insight are much appreciated. But this seems more like you were sitting out on your front porch, enjoying the view, toking a fatty, and lamenting the end of football for the foreseeable future.

Nah I was just trying to be funny. I hope some people liked it. Listen one of my favorite writers was the great Dan Jenkins. Jenkins died last year but he was the best college fb writer that ever lived. He loved college fb and golf but he had an irreverent attitude that could make me lmao. Anyway I've tried to say some things that he might have said. You ever read any of his works clob94? When you've had a season like we've had you've gotta laugh.

Last edited:
Cali . . . I'm not trying to ruin your day but . . . I'm married too and MY WIFE LOVES FOOTBALL! Hell, she yells and screams at the refs more than I do. She gets pissed when we go watch the Horns and my buddies bring their wives . . . because she wants to watch the game not chat about girlie crap with the other wives!

Like Harrison Ford said in that Lost Ark movie . . . 'YOU CHOSE WISELY' . . . with you being me. :D

I am so jealous. Don't get me wrong I have a wonderful wife it took me a couple of marriages to get it right but she's the best decision I ever made. But right now she's binge watching Downton Abbey right when the 49ers are making a SB run. Talk about twisted priorities lol

Reactions: UTGrad87
It's early but right now its 10/0 TN. As if the season wasn't disappointing enough the prospect of an aggie qb in the SB is downright depressing.

Well we're halfway there. For the first time in 50 years the KC Chiefs are in the SB. These 2 wins they spotted the other team a big lead stormed back and totally dominate the 2nd half.

GB/SF coming up

I think SF wins the Super Bowl. If I were playing it, I would buy it to SF +3 (currently the line is KC -1 1/2). The Niners have the better running game and better defense. Not betting the game though. I want KC to win.

I think SF wins the Super Bowl. If I were playing it, I would buy it to SF +3 (currently the line is KC -1 1/2). The Niners have the better running game and better defense. Not betting the game though. I want KC to win.
That SF defensive line is a talented group. Bosa is gonna be a force for years to come. Should be a good matchup with the league’s most explosive offense against the best defense in the league. I would put my money on SF as well. I’m rooting for KC, as a Cowboys fan my hate for the Niners runs deep.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT