ADVERTISEMENT

I guess everyone here realized COVID is real

LawDocHorn

Nov 8, 2011
Just wondering where all the railing against the pandemic went? I guess numbers don't lie. Was it all BS around here, or just BS when it tanked oil prices? Bell?

Best to all from a long time lurker who really just comes here to read clob (you wore 94 in '94, right?) tell me what it was like to be an actual Horn. But I am also humored by right-wing rants and economic paranoia, and there is no shortage of those here!

I also want to represent that there are some old guys (my first degree was conferred in '81) looking in that don't spend all our time wringing our hands about the national debt, George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, and people that give sh*t (did I get the silly representation of "s>%t" right?) about social causes remotely left of center.

As I said, I mostly come here for football news. But the odd fantasy from clob alleging that he got his end away in a gravel parking lot/boat/storage unit, with a real estate agent/tranny/dude is certainly acceptable if well written.

El capitan, suspention get lifted?
The offspring off El Capitan and BLH11? Not sure why I’m singled out? Yes the hybrid flu is real just as it is every year and it preys on the elderly and weak.

Perhaps instead of lurking you should read up on what caused oil prices to tank, it wasn’t just the scare of getting the hybrid flu. It was a combination of things. Since you’re new let me ask you this since I can’t get a straight answer from others of your ilk. Do you think we should shut down the country when the regular flu season begins? If not why not? We know thousands of deaths are coming. There is no cure or effective vaccine for the flu

Last edited:
Just wondering where all the railing against the pandemic went? I guess numbers don't lie. Was it all BS around here, or just BS when it tanked oil prices? Bell?

Best to all from a long time lurker who really just comes here to read clob (you wore 94 in '94, right?) tell me what it was like to be an actual Horn. But I am also humored by right-wing rants and economic paranoia, and there is no shortage of those here!

I also want to represent that there are some old guys (my first degree was conferred in '81) looking in that don't spend all our time wringing our hands about the national debt, George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, and people that give sh*t (did I get the silly representation of "s>%t" right?) about social causes remotely left of center.

As I said, I mostly come here for football news. But the odd fantasy from clob alleging that he got his end away in a gravel parking lot/boat/storage unit, with a real estate agent/tranny/dude is certainly acceptable if well written.

You seem bright. =)roll

You seem bright. =)roll

When I called another poster 'stupid', you blocked me from posting saying that I was disrespectful to others on the board. Thank you for educating me on how to do it in an appropriate way.

You are certainly very bright....

When I called another poster 'stupid', you blocked me from posting saying that I was disrespectful to others on the board. Thank you for educating me on how to do it in an appropriate way.

It’s all in the presentation my friend:)

Reactions: crosthwait

You can't help yourself. Always have to try push things and then play the victim. :rolleyes:

Reactions: mm42

I'm a numbers guy. The last numbers I saw said that you had a 0.026% chance of contracting this and dying. Those are global numbers, I would assume. So with that being said, if you believe in math and science, math and science tells us that you have a greater probability of dying in a bicycle accident, drowning, anything involving a ladder etc etc.

Most kids have bikes. Though countless numbers die in bike related accidents annually. Most people get in water. Most people have access to a ladder. Car wrecks kill more people. You either believe in the numbers and statistics or, you don't. If you don't, then you're a denier.

Does this suck?
Yes.

Could it have been handled better on this planet?
No doubt.

Should we have quarantined the 15-20% most at risk of catching this and having adverse effects while the rest of us went on about our business and kept the world spinning?
Sure

Disease kills people. This is a cull. Mother nature sometimes culls our herd. In fact, she culls species all the time. Case in point, 97% of all species that have ever existed on this planet were wiped out by--- mother nature.

No, it's true. 97% of all animal species that have ever existed were completely culled by mother nature. Wooly mammoths? All gone. Velociraptors? All gone. Do Do birds? Adios. Mother nature culled them. It stands to reason that she will try and cull us as well. But because of our big brains, sometimes we have the ability to push her back a bit. To stave her off. Then mother nature groups and comes back at us with a more potent form of her virus or finds a different way to cull us. It's pretty simple actually and it's been occurring on this planet for 3.5 billion years.

If you believe in global warming or climate change then all this death is actually good news for your cause. It's over population that leads to carbon footprints. So less people means fewer carbon footprints. That means a cleaner environment. So rooting for the virus makes sense for climate activists. Or at least if they are thinking rationally it should. But you see, we humans aren't always rational. We think with our feelings.

And because we lack the ability to always be objective about any problem, rather than subjective, it will ultimately lead to us going extinct. One way or another, this planet will kill us off. If we survive the next 2 billion or so years, our sun will start losing its ability to convert helium and hydrogen into fuel and begin to grow into a red giant, thus scorching the earth. So unless we leave this solar system, we are doomed anyway.

No arguing with those facts.

So does a norovirus that whacked a hundred thousand people in this country scare me? Nope. CDC and WHO said the early estimates were that we'd lose 2.2 million people. We've lost 5% of that.

Well-- if you're taking a test that's worth a hundred points and you get 5% of the questions wrong, you still made a 95 on the test. And a 95 is a sold A in any classroom.

I'm a numbers guy. The last numbers I saw said that you had a 0.026% chance of contracting this and dying. Those are global numbers, I would assume. So with that being said, if you believe in math and science, math and science tells us that you have a greater probability of dying in a bicycle accident, drowning, anything involving a ladder etc etc.

Most kids have bikes. Though countless numbers die in bike related accidents annually. Most people get in water. Most people have access to a ladder. Car wrecks kill more people. You either believe in the numbers and statistics or, you don't. If you don't, then you're a denier.

Does this suck?
Yes.

No doubt.

Should we have quarantined the 15-20% most at risk of catching this and having adverse effects while the rest of us went on about our business and kept the world spinning?
Sure

Disease kills people. This is a cull. Mother nature sometimes culls our herd. In fact, she culls species all the time. Case in point, 97% of all species that have ever existed on this planet were wiped out by--- mother nature.

No, it's true. 97% of all animal species that have ever existed were completely culled by mother nature. Wooly mammoths? All gone. Velociraptors? All gone. Do Do birds? Adios. Mother nature culled them. It stands to reason that she will try and cull us as well. But because of our big brains, sometimes we have the ability to push her back a bit. To stave her off. Then mother nature groups and comes back at us with a more potent form of her virus or finds a different way to cull us. It's pretty simple actually and it's been occurring on this planet for 3.5 billion years.

If you believe in global warming or climate change then all this death is actually good news for your cause. It's over population that leads to carbon footprints. So less people means fewer carbon footprints. That means a cleaner environment. So rooting for the virus makes sense for climate activists. Or at least if they are thinking rationally it should. But you see, we humans aren't always rational. We think with our feelings.

And because we lack the ability to always be objective about any problem, rather than subjective, it will ultimately lead to us going extinct. One way or another, this planet will kill us off. If we survive the next 2 billion or so years, our sun will start losing its ability to convert helium and hydrogen into fuel and begin to grow into a red giant, thus scorching the earth. So unless we leave this solar system, we are doomed anyway.

So does a norovirus that whacked a hundred thousand people in this country scare me? Nope. CDC and WHO said the early estimates were that we'd lose 2.2 million people. We've lost 5% of that.

Well-- if you're taking a test that's worth a hundred points and you get 5% of the questions wrong, you still made a 95 on the test. And a 95 is a sold A in any classroom.

But until we find a cure this virus isn't going away. I think we'll cointinue to trend downwards I think by September we'll be be down to around 7000 deaths a month. Will that be low enough to put people back to work? I don't know but I'm afraid until we find a cure we'll still have about 2000 a month. We've got to find a way to work around this.

Reactions: crosthwait
But until we find a cure this virus isn't going away. I think we'll cointinue to trend downwards I think by September we'll be be down to around 7000 deaths a month. Will that be low enough to put people back to work? I don't know but I'm afraid until we find a cure we'll still have about 2000 a month. We've got to find a way to work around this.

Officially, no one has died of a heart attack, cancer, stroke, etc... in 4 months. Something is fishy here.

If you think covid is scary now, wait until about 3 weeks before the election. It will be a massacre, dead bodies all around on CNN. Then in January presto, heard immunity, no worries.

Thank goodness we had that 2 week break during the riots that we didn't have to hear about super spreaders on TV. You can have hundreds of thousands of people in cities around the country crowded together and it is ok. Apparently, if the cause is politically correct, covid is brave and courageous enough not to spread. That was when Fauci lost me, gutless.

You can't help yourself. Always have to try push things and then play the victim. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you are one of the brightest people I know.

You take feedback very well. You conduct this board in a very fair way and foster a platform where people feel free to share their opinions without other bright people pouncing upon them. You hold all people, bright or not, to the same standards.

Very bright indeed....

You take feedback very well. You conduct this board in a very fair way and foster a platform where people feel free to share their opinions without other bright people pouncing upon them. You hold all people, bright or not, to the same standards.

Very bright indeed....
Why so passive aggressive? Is it a Daddy issue?

If you think covid is scary now, wait until about 3 weeks before the election. It will be a massacre, dead bodies all around on CNN. Then in January presto, heard immunity, no worries.

Thank goodness we had that 2 week break during the riots that we didn't have to hear about super spreaders on TV. You can have hundreds of thousands of people in cities around the country crowded together and it is ok. Apparently, if the cause is politically correct, covid is brave and courageous enough not to spread. That was when Fauci lost me, gutless.
Yeah I gues the CHAZ zone was/is somehow Covid 19 free? Freaking hypocrites

Does this suck?
Yes.

No doubt.

Sure

It is interesting how you claim to be an objective person....
"I am a numbers guy"...."No arguing with those facts"

But, when it comes to global warming, you shift to "If you believe in global warming".

You are right, though. Belief determines what are facts. You can present the same data to two people and each will interpret the same data through the filter of their individual belief.

The same people who might agree that mother nature will destroy life, may never agree that mother nature created life.
Two people will look at the same data to conveniently define when life starts to justify their ends.

The part that makes me sick is how everything is politicized to an extreme in this country and the rest of the world. While I say that, i do admit that this statement was a product of my belief (or rather a distrust for the data being thrown around) versus factual evidence of its veracity.

Last edited:
Club.....the reason 97% of all species that ever existed are extinct is that they tasted good.

By the way.... I love stats like that....you say that and everybody believes it....no way to prove or disprove it. However if you put up a sign that says “ wet paint”, everyone that walks by will stick their finger in it

Very bright indeed....

This board is not for you then. Feel free to find a new place to post your nonsensical drivel.

It is interesting how you claim to be an objective person....
"I am a numbers guy"...."No arguing with those facts"

But, when it comes to global warming, you shift to "If you believe in global warming".

You are right, though. Belief determines what are facts. You can present the same data to two people and each will interpret the same data through the filter of their individual belief.

The same people who might agree that mother nature will destroy life, may never agree that mother nature created life.
Two people will look at the same data to conveniently define when life starts to justify their ends.

The part that makes me sick is how everything is politicized to an extreme in this country and the rest of the world. While I say that, i do admit that this statement was a product of my belief (or rather a distrust for the data being thrown around) versus factual evidence of its veracity.
Let me correct my verbiage for you. "If you believe in global warming" wasn't me questioning whether or not humans have had and continue to have an effect on this planet. We do. The difference between climate change math and infection rate math is that climate change math involves numbers that we "think" we know from 50+ thousand years ago (long term trends) where this math is numbers we definitively know. So its a lot more cut and dry from a math standpoint. Make sense?

And it's an unfair discussion, as you pointed out, to use religion as a backdrop for an argument. I credit you for acknowledging that, yet we still haven't reached an objective conclusion as to the actual numbers and death rates of corona to other causes of fatalities.

I submit to you that the media has filled us with histrionics in order to insight fear and panic for their profit. Click bait makes money so fantastical headlines with limited actual data has skewed the lens of peoples' perception.

If media outlets ran headlines like "More likely to die on a bicycle than by Corona" then the weak mined wouldn't click and make the media money. The weak minded are easy to sway. Its the lotus eaters the media really wants to alarm. Rile up the lotus eaters and now you have something.

So, in closing Lit, do you agree that dying of drowning, bike accidents, car wrecks etc-- according to the CDC mind you, are a greater statistical probability than dying of corona?

I will also submit that an enemy you can't "see" does trigger fears in most people. And that's what this whole thing is about-- playing on your fears.

Pretty solid post. Spot on imo

This CDC chart is interesting. Total deaths: a few more from pneumonia than Covid. But the death rate by age - the proportion in Covid vs. Pneumonia is almost the exact same. Over 65’s represent over 80% of deaths in each, under 35's are .008 of total deaths. This does not factor in underlying health issues, only the ages. To the original poster - I haven't seen anyone on here state that the pandemic is not real. But, as you say, numbers don't lie. Assuming these numbers are true ---- I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if I'm under 35, and I would stay out of crowds if I'm over 65, especially over 80. Continue your celebration of the rise in Covid cases.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

Let me correct my verbiage for you. "If you believe in global warming" wasn't me questioning whether or not humans have had and continue to have an effect on this planet. We do. The difference between climate change math and infection rate math is that climate change math involves numbers that we "think" we know from 50+ thousand years ago (long term trends) where this math is numbers we definitively know. So its a lot more cut and dry from a math standpoint. Make sense?

And it's an unfair discussion, as you pointed out, to use religion as a backdrop for an argument. I credit you for acknowledging that, yet we still haven't reached an objective conclusion as to the actual numbers and death rates of corona to other causes of fatalities.

I submit to you that the media has filled us with histrionics in order to insight fear and panic for their profit. Click bait makes money so fantastical headlines with limited actual data has skewed the lens of peoples' perception.

If media outlets ran headlines like "More likely to die on a bicycle than by Corona" then the weak mined wouldn't click and make the media money. The weak minded are easy to sway. Its the lotus eaters the media really wants to alarm. Rile up the lotus eaters and now you have something.

So, in closing Lit, do you agree that dying of drowning, bike accidents, car wrecks etc-- according to the CDC mind you, are a greater statistical probability than dying of corona?

I will also submit that an enemy you can't "see" does trigger fears in most people. And that's what this whole thing is about-- playing on your fears.
Nailed it with the last paragraph. Anyone want a real knee slapper watch the attached CNN/Sesame Street primer on Covid19. And now they’ve announced that on June 6 CNN and Sesame Street are teaming up again to give our children a primer on racism. Just what I want CNN pushing their agenda on kids.https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/13/...ovid-19-town-hall-june-13-2020-app/index.html

This CDC chart is interesting. Total deaths: a few more from pneumonia than Covid. But the death rate by age - the proportion in Covid vs. Pneumonia is almost the exact same. Over 65’s represent over 80% of deaths in each, under 35's are .008 of total deaths. This does not factor in underlying health issues, only the ages. To the original poster - I haven't seen anyone on here state that the pandemic is not real. But, as you say, numbers don't lie. Assuming these numbers are true ---- I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if I'm under 35, and I would stay out of crowds if I'm over 65, especially over 80. Continue your celebration of the rise in Covid cases.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku
So basically the same group of folks (age etc.) dying from pneumonia on a daily basis are the same dying from ‘covid’? Got it. And it’s what we’ve known all along btw. And even though many deaths are attributable to underlying conditions, we are being led to believe that ‘covid’ is to blame? Got it. November can’t get here quick enough

So basically the same group of folks (age etc.) dying from pneumonia on a daily basis are the same dying from ‘covid’? Got it. And it’s what we’ve known all along btw. And even though many deaths are attributable to underlying conditions, we are being led to believe that ‘covid’ is to blame? Got it. November can’t get here quick enough

Covid is smart. It knows that it can't affect people at Walmart, grocery stores and "protests". Yet it affects everyone at any place other than those. =)roll

Heading to Orange Beach for a family vacation on Sunday. I'm sure there are many here that will be pleased..... FYI, I'll be on the beach without a mask :eek: and so will everyone else. I can't wait. Gonna get some of this hated white skin some sun and do some fishing. My mother in law has the TDS bad. She said she is going to turn us in for crossing state lines.=)roll. My wife told her that we will send pictures without masks. She also told her that sharks don't like the taste of people with masks on... they have a strange liberal flavor. These people are absolutely freaking crazy.

Completely untrue. herd immunity is real and is why there are commercials asking for plasma from those who have the antibodies. If you have the antibodies, your Chi is stronger than the Kung Flu.

ADVERTISEMENT