ADVERTISEMENT

I guess everyone here realized COVID is real

No offense to your granddaughter but why would any adult that already has their mind made up about and issue take orders from an 18 year old. That's stupid for the store to put her in that spot. When I go to HEB there are very few people who refuse to wear a mask and they are not hassled. They allow them to shop and do not create a scene. Turning people away is just asking for trouble and accomplishes nothing.

As for my granddaughter I told her to never apologize for doing her job. This is her first job so there's growing pains. And it doesn't matter who tells him not to enter a real man doesn't talk that way to a child. In fact he's the one that's acting like a child. And today when the Comcast people can't came to our home she wore a mask. Everyone please do your part.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Diadevic, the death count in Texas has almost doubled in the last month.
So we aren’t allowed to rejoice that the last 3 days in Dallas we’ve gone from 6 deaths to 2 deaths to only 1? In any other place except an election year in the US this would be treated as great news.

Reactions: Belldozer1
So we aren’t allowed to rejoice that the last 3 days in Dallas we’ve gone from 6 deaths to 2 deaths to only 1? In any other place except an election year in the US this would be treated as great news.

The 1 guy who did was because of Covid.

Of course you can can be But the outbreak is hitting Texas hard now. I mean it's like 4 months after the first outbreak and TX is just now getting hit hard. I read there's 11 states 7 southern, 4 western that could be getting hard for the next few months and TX is one of them. I used to monitor how many people died but it's not as important as to how many reported cases and right now AZ, GA, TX, and especially FL, are getting slammed.

Of course you can can be But the outbreak is hitting Texas hard now. I mean it's like 4 months after the first outbreak and TX is just now getting hit hard. I read there's 11 states 7 southern, 4 western that could be getting hard for the next few months and TX is one of them. I used to monitor how many people died but it's not as important as to how many reported cases and right now AZ, GA, TX, and especially FL, are getting slammed.

Yeah, we were hit pretty hard by Covid back in Dec/Jan/Feb too...

Nothing but gloom & and doom. The world is coming to an end. :rolleyes:

"I use to monitor how many people died but it's not as important as to how many reported cases"

Wow

Reactions: Belldozer1
Of course the number of deaths matters a lot. But the death toll has slowed the last 2 months and at the end of this month it will hopefully less than June.

But the heart of the matter is last week we had the the highest number of cases for 1 day. There is no second wave cause were still on the first.

And I'm the farthest thing from gloom and doom. We're getting. by in our home but that's about it. We have to be very careful with our money. We also wanted to move but there's almost nothing available on the market right and that's because of covid 19. Myself and my family are getting as hard hit as anyone else.

As for my granddaughter I told her to never apologize for doing her job. This is her first job so there's growing pains. And it doesn't matter who tells him not to enter a real man doesn't talk that way to a child. In fact he's the one that's acting like a child. And today when the Comcast people can't came to our home she wore a mask. Everyone please do your part.

Totally agree, no one should be treated that way for doing their job. I meant that it was a stupid decision for the store to send an 18 year old girl to confront people.

Of course the number of deaths matters a lot. But the death toll has slowed the last 2 months and at the end of this month it will hopefully less than June.

But the heart of the matter is last week we had the the highest number of cases for 1 day. There is no second wave cause were still on the first.

And I'm the farthest thing from gloom and doom. We're getting. by in our home but that's about it. We have to be very careful with our money. We also wanted to move but there's almost nothing available on the market right and that's because of covid 19. Myself and my family are getting as hard hit as anyone else.
Take away that guaranteed check you’re getting every month like millions who’ve lost their job and you and all libs change their tune on a dime about covid.

Reactions: LonghornMM
9 of the 10 countries with the highest number of covid deaths per 1M people have nationalized healthcare.

Nationalized healthcare is the best because everyone has access to really shitty healthcare.

Nationalized healthcare is a terrible idea. Why? Because we can't trust government officials to keep citizens at the forefront of their decision making. As I stated in another thread, we are way down the hierarchy after their donors lobbyists, themselves, each other...

However, if the government would give significant grants to businesses that offer incredible health insurance to their employees, I would be down for that! Reward the businesses that do this.

Of course, this wouldn't be perfect either as politicians would figure out a way to fill their accounts anyway.

Nationalized healthcare is a terrible idea.

However, if the government would give significant grants to businesses that offer incredible health insurance to their employees, I would be down for that! Reward the businesses that do this.

I totally agree,...

but I bet SJWs would be quick to call that racist.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I dont believe any numbers that are put out there on either the cases or the deaths. The only thing I look at is the hospitalizations. That number has risen , no doubt.

I have seen these clinics where folks are lined up out side to be tested....honest to God, some of the Technicians have handed out the swabs and let the folks swab themselves.....what in hell good is that?....except $200.00 a pop from the govt. This is gonna make Medicare fraud look like a nursery rhyme.

Nationalized healthcare is a terrible idea. Why? Because we can't trust government officials to keep citizens at the forefront of their decision making. As I stated in another thread, we are way down the hierarchy after their donors lobbyists, themselves, each other...

Of course, this wouldn't be perfect either as politicians would figure out a way to fill their accounts anyway.

Well that and eventually all medical care decision are made by unionized government employees.

You know, the ones that get paid based on a scale without bonuses and no incentive to work overtime or try. The decide how much money doctors and hospitals should recieve for different procedures. Therefore doctors will not be nearly as well compensated for the 12-16 years of grind they have to go though to actually start seeing the fruit of their labor. Once that gets rolling, the best and brightest will figure out that the cost outweighs the benefits and you will see the quality of medical care deteriorate.

Reactions: freeper
Well that and eventually all medical care decision are made by unionized government employees.

You know, the ones that get paid based on a scale without bonuses and no incentive to work overtime or try. The decide how much money doctors and hospitals should recieve for different procedures. Therefore doctors will not be nearly as well compensated for the 12-16 years of grind they have to go though to actually start seeing the fruit of their labor. Once that gets rolling, the best and brightest will figure out that the cost outweighs the benefits and you will see the quality of medical care deteriorate.

So the best bet is just don’t get cancer, etc, lol

Reactions: freeper
California needs their own CSPAN. I would love to watch the meeting where they debated what should be on that list.

California Subcommittee on What is a Meal Chair:
"The representative from Los Angeles moves to add soup to the list of items not considered a meal"

Rep1:
"Does that mean salads are also not considered a meal?"

Rep2:
"It depends. Does the salad have some sort of protein?"

Chair:
"Some soups have protein."

Rep 2:
"By God, you're right?"

Rep 3:
"Should the quantity of soup be considered?"

Rep 1:
"I believe so. A bowl of soup is a substantial amount of soup."

Rep:3
"What about a cup of soup? That surely can't be a meal."

Chair:
"By show of hands, does everyone agree with the addition of cup of soup to the Not a Meal list?"
"For the record, cup of soup has been added to the Not a Meal list"

Narrator:
"Please tune in next week for the debate on Solutions to Rolling Brownouts that will not Impact the Natural Habitat of the Orange Spotted Double Breasted Warbler"

ADVERTISEMENT