ADVERTISEMENT

I have a bad feeling about OU.

Metcalf #2

Feb 23, 2011
I think they’re gonna wait until Oct. 9 to switch to Caleb. Then he’s gonna turn out to be great, and we’ll have no film on him, and we get blasted.

• Haha
Reactions: OzarkHorn
I think they’re gonna wait until Oct. 9 to switch to Caleb. Then he’s gonna turn out to be great, and we’ll have no film on him, and we get blasted.
As laughable as your paranoid scenario is, it is worthy of further thought. They nearly lost, at home, to the hillbillies, an afterthought in the league per the illustrious experts. They now go to K-State, a team that gives them fits every year, where it is at least likely they will lose. However, you believe that they won't make a switch in the K-State game if they are losing, despite them knowing that any loss is fatal to their playoff chances, just so they can lie in the weeds to spring a freshman QB on us to blast us? One further question, have you been eating Coco Puffs?

Look, first let's get some revenge on phat pat. That azzwipe has been by far the most negative recruiting coach against Texas by far. I am glad we are relegating the cockroaches to fcs status. I loved watching SMU beat the roaches. I want a 68-0 put up on them.

Look, first let's get some revenge on phat pat. That azzwipe has been by far the most negative recruiting coach against Texas by far. I am glad we are relegating the cockroaches to fcs status. I loved watching SMU beat the roaches. I want a 68-0 put up on them.

Someone labeled Patterson a fat, sweating ball of something or another. I can't recall the exact saying, but it was effing hilarious and accurate, lol. Dude is always a sweat ball and is non-stop fidgeting and pulling up his pants from the back.

What is a statement game? However you define it, why wasn't Tech? Or, are all games statement games?
No not all games are statement games. OU is definitely a high profile game and him coming out and controlling it from beginning to end would be a huge statement. Beating Tech is good, beating TCU at their home even better but beating OUSux at the RR is a statement.

Reactions: westx
I see the Tech game as a we can run in many ways statement game to back up the Rice game. I think Sark has many things planned for OU. He will see what he needs to use vs horny frogs, but I don't think it will be much. TCU D is lacking. They may score some on us but I don't think their D will be able to figure Sark out. We win this game by 14 or more and I'm beginning to fill my cup with kool-aide

Reactions: freeper
SMU rushed for 358 yards against TCU.

I'm going to say it again---

If we don't rush for 400 yards against these clowns, we should be ashamed. This is EASILY a 50pt game for our offense.

I'm going to say it again---

If we don't rush for 400 yards against these clowns, we should be ashamed. This is EASILY a 50pt game for our offense.
I think Patterson feeds his team raw meat before they play us. They always play hard when they play Texas, I expect them to be fired up and be ready like every year. We won't see the TCU team who let SMU run all over them.

As laughable as your paranoid scenario is, it is worthy of further thought. They nearly lost, at home, to the hillbillies, an afterthought in the league per the illustrious experts. They now go to K-State, a team that gives them fits every year, where it is at least likely they will lose. However, you believe that they won't make a switch in the K-State game if they are losing, despite them knowing that any loss is fatal to their playoff chances, just so they can lie in the weeds to spring a freshman QB on us to blast us? One further question, have you been eating Coco Puffs?
Did you just become a Texas fan this year? Because anybody who has suffered through the last decade should be a little paranoid. I’m not even sure if I’ll fully believe if we blow out both TCU and OU.

Did you just become a Texas fan this year? Because anybody who has suffered through the last decade should be a little paranoid. I’m not even sure if I’ll fully believe if we blow out both TCU and OU.
I'm 71, so I've been a fan for a minute. I've never understood why people use the past (which had a different cast of characters) to predict the future. I also don't believe in karma or any other sort of supernatural thing. Finally, though Lincoln Riley is not my favorite person, I don't believe he is suicidal. If he believed Williams was ready, he'd probably already have put him in. Riley may have a touch of Herman in him, but it's not a full blown case of the stubborns.

• Wow
I'm 71, so I've been a fan for a minute. I've never understood why people use the past (which had a different cast of characters) to predict the future. I also don't believe in karma or any other sort of supernatural thing. Finally, though Lincoln Riley is not my favorite person, I don't believe he is suicidal. If he believed Williams was ready, he'd probably already have put him in. Riley may have a touch of Herman in him, but it's not a full blown case of the stubborns.
Oh, no wonder. You just can’t remember the last ten years. We’ve had several “different casts of characters”, same result. Go take your pills.

You’re right. My battered fan syndrome should be focused on that fat bastard. I just saw the clip of OU fans booing Rattler this morning and it got me wondering when Riley might pull the trigger. And we always struggle mightily against the Caleb Williams type.

Elder abuse and a believer in fortune tellers, Ouija boards, Tarot cards, etc. That's quite a skill set for a millennial. Have a kale salad and your juice box before your nap.
Don’t like the abuse? Think before running your wrinkled yap.

From what I have seen from TCU thus far it would be a major disappointment if we score less than 50 points. They lost their 2 safeties to the draft last year.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Nothing but love for you ol' timer my man, but you've obviously never watched much aggie football. Them dudes entire past dictate their future. And yes, it can happen in Austin as well. It's a mental mindset. And our entitled players have been rife with it for over a decade.

But if you don't pamper the little brats, they go somewhere else.

Nothing but love for you ol' timer my man, but you've obviously never watched much aggie football. Them dudes entire past dictate their future. And yes, it can happen in Austin as well. It's a mental mindset. And our entitled players have been rife with it for over a decade.

But if you don't pamper the little brats, they go somewhere else.
Yikes! And I thought I was cynical. The cynicism of youth is truly breathtaking. That said, the thing I like most about Sark, above and beyond his play calling, player evaluation, astute hiring, and the like, is that he treats everyone with respect and like an adult. That is in stark contrast to those in the last ten years. We'll see how it goes, but I'm very bullish, for a change.

Reactions: HarryBuffalo
Yikes! And I thought I was cynical. The cynicism of youth is truly breathtaking. That said, the thing I like most about Sark, above and beyond his play calling, player evaluation, astute hiring, and the like, is that he treats everyone with respect and like an adult. That is in stark contrast to those in the last ten years. We'll see how it goes, but I'm very bullish, for a change.
Do you always assume you’re talking to kids? You’re not so old you forgot what that word, “assume” does, are you?

Someone labeled Patterson a fat, sweating ball of something or another. I can't recall the exact saying, but it was effing hilarious and accurate, lol. Dude is always a sweat ball and is non-stop fidgeting and pulling up his pants from the back.
I got sick of pulling up my pants from the back and surrendered to suspenders. I might send Phat a suggestion.

No, you don’t get it. You came at me like a smart ass punk kid, so I responded in kind. Remember to put your teeth in after your prune juice and applesauce.

No, you don’t get it. You came at me like a smart ass punk kid, so I responded in kind. Remember to put your teeth in after your prune juice and applesauce.
I didn't "come at" anyone. I responded to you. Here's the way I view the human male: at 20-30 you think you have all the answers; by 50, if you're an astute observer of the human condition, you realize you have few if any answers; for many that realization make take another decade or two; or it may never come. In short, if you're under 50, you're a kid to me; if you're over 50, I apologize for offending you. (You'll take note I did not say if I offended you. I'm not a celeb, politician or media hack.) Hook'em.

Reactions: HarryBuffalo
I didn't "come at" anyone. I responded to you. Here's the way I view the human male: at 20-30 you think you have all the answers; by 50, if you're an astute observer of the human condition, you realize you have few if any answers; for many that realization make take another decade or two; or it may never come. In short, if you're under 50, you're a kid to me; if you're over 50, I apologize for offending you. (You'll take note I did not say if I offended you. I'm not a celeb, politician or media hack.) Hook'em.
So, what if you’re 71, and still think you have all the answers? Asking for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: OzarkHorn and toran
So, what if you’re 71, and still think you have all the answers? Asking for a friend.
No. I realize I'm a full on idiot. I have several ex's and two daughters who remind me every minute of every day. I'd shoot myself in the head, but I'd most likely miss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT