ADVERTISEMENT

I have a bad feeling about OU.

I flew insert/extract missions, generally in small, light planes, mostly at night. Goddamned VC/farmers with circa 1907 Mausers who couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle just seemed to find me. If I believed in god, I'd say that bitch hate me.
So you either flew C-7 caribou or c-123s or you were flying single engine over wing. What was your TOL? 1200- 1500 feet?

Look, I’ve always said the best measure of a coach is how he handles his first RRS spanking. Mack, Strong, Herman all did ok, some bounced back some didn’t, we’ll see how Sark does. Rattler just getting warmed up and the fans were really wanting him to go for two and let him know about it.
You sure they weren’t… referring to him as “number two”? 🤔

Perfect definition. Makes me wonder why we agreed to continue playing the tortilla tossers once we're in the SEC. Not to be repetitive, but I'd much prefer to have a yearly with Hawaii, or at least some place that would help us with recruiting, like SoCal. Lubbock ain't gonna do that.
It has already come out that Holcutt’s statement was quite creative on that.

Reactions: toran
OU is garbage. The only way we lose is mental breakdowns. We should score 50. If we don't, it will be because our own stupid heads got in the way.
So, is it the distance since Stoops thing?

Kinda like Manny _aiz looked so much better with Muschamps upperclassman that knew their assignments and Orlando looked okay first year with Strong’s older guys?

Last edited:
Perfect definition. Makes me wonder why we agreed to continue playing the tortilla tossers once we're in the SEC. Not to be repetitive, but I'd much prefer to have a yearly with Hawaii, or at least some place that would help us with recruiting, like SoCal. Lubbock ain't gonna do that.
Inside scoop-- there is a conversation that will be taking place with Southern Cal about doing a remote game in Estadio Azteca in Mexico City in the future. It's all conjecture for now, but configuring the stadium properly it would hold close to 110k. Remember, soccer pitch is bigger than a football field. But again, this is just an idea being floated to help expand the brand of both schools.

Look, I’ve always said the best measure of a coach is how he handles his first RRS spanking. Mack, Strong, Herman all did ok, some bounced back some didn’t, we’ll see how Sark does. Rattler just getting warmed up and the fans were really wanting him to go for two and let him know about it.
You do realize that even as bad as some of those Herman and Strong teams were the average margin of defeat was only 7 points in the 6 losses during their tenures.

Reactions: Belldozer1
You do realize that even as bad as some of those Herman and Strong teams were the average margin of defeat was only 7 points in the 6 losses during their tenures.
Yep. That’s why I thought this years team could surprise some people recored wise

OU was a 7 point loss
TCU a 2 point loss
Iowa state a 3 point loss

so better coaching alone could turn 2 or those 3 at least in to wins

Reactions: Belldozer1
Inside scoop-- there is a conversation that will be taking place with Southern Cal about doing a remote game in Estadio Azteca in Mexico City in the future. It's all conjecture for now, but configuring the stadium properly it would hold close to 110k. Remember, soccer pitch is bigger than a football field. But again, this is just an idea being floated to help expand the brand of both schools.
Awesome. This is what college football should be about; more of these big time games and far fewer of the Little Sisters of the Poor. Bonus, we can find some very large Mexican dudes with great feet to play O-line.

It has already come out that Holcutt’s statement was quite creative on that.
Hocutt's a douche canoe. We're playing them to placate Texas politicians. I don't see it extending too far, I hope.

This would be super cool

Someone musta tinkled in Metcalf’s Cheerios this morning. Sounds like he’s having a bit of a hissy fit. 😏

Or hates on old folks… 🤔
Nah, we just started our conversation like we dance, with two left feet. It's totally cool.

Awesome. This is what college football should be about; more of these big time games and far fewer of the Little Sisters of the Poor. Bonus, we can find some very large Mexican dudes with great feet to play O-line.
I think the days of paid ass kickings are going to be coming in to a end soon

• Love
So you either flew C-7 caribou or c-123s or you were flying single engine over wing. What was your TOL? 1200- 1500 feet?
For most insert/extract, depending on the size of the team, it was from the following: Beaver, Otter, Twin Otter, Caribou or Herc. For ground support it was A-1 or Spectre. The latter two I liked a lot cuz I could shoot back. But the Beaver and Otter were awesome because I could cut the engine at altitude and literally float in pretty much noiseless. Those two were also tough as hell. I crashed landed both with no power and walked away. (Side note, I would never jump out of an aircraft with a parachute. Period. I am a coward in that way.)

I love Mexico City I’d pay to see that game live! Nothing like real Mexican food, tequila, gorgeous women, and American Football!

Reactions: freeper
You sure they weren’t… referring to him as “number two”? 🤔
No, no they we’re definitely chanting two which I thought was strange at the time because we had just gone 3 and out so we didn’t have a chance to go for two, but the crowd was definitely chanting two

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Talk about Casey Thompson making a statement game? This could be Bijan Robinson's statement game. After last season I said he has a legitimate chance for the Heisman. Look what we've done the last 6 games with him in the starting lineup. 4 games with at least 55 and 600. Think about it and as always

HookemHorns

Reactions: Drtxhorn and toran
And you know OK to is going on a farewell tour this year. The one team I think can kick their a** is KSU. They've won the last 2 games and that should give them confidence to draw last blood. Chris Kleiman is a fine coach and his teams are well prepared. I'm not concerned they lost to OSU. I'm going to pick them to beat OK on Saturday.

Reactions: LonghornMM
And you know OK to is going on a farewell tour this year. The one team I think can kick their a** is KSU. They've won the last 2 games and that should give them confidence to draw last blood. Chris Kleiman is a fine coach and his teams are well prepared. I'm not concerned they lost to OSU. I'm going to pick them to beat OK on Saturday.

KSU beats OU this Saturday and Texas beats them the following Saturday. Book it. The Sooner meltdown will be epic! 😆

Tech wasn't ranked #4 in the country a week ago
So, you don't see K-State beating BlowU in Manhattan this Saturday? After they whistled past the graveyard with the hillbillies, I think a loss is a forego conclusion.

Them 70 points on tech sure choked off the O2 to some medulla oblongatas. 😂

You should start bracing yourself for the real possibility that OU loses their next two games. In fact, I'm calling it right now. I've already played KSU on the ML +325. Don't need the +11. OU fans can pretend that everything is just fine, but your football team is a mess right now and they could easily have two losses. KSU always gives OU fits, and it's the Sooners first road game. For the Texas game, OU won't be able to keep up on offense.

You should start bracing yourself for the real possibility that OU loses their next two games. In fact, I'm calling it right now. I've already played KSU on the ML +325. Don't need the +11. OU fans can pretend that everything is just fine, but your football team is a mess right now and they could easily have two losses. KSU always gives OU fits, and it's the Sooners first road game. For the Texas game, OU won't be able to keep up on offense.
Welp brother, yer forecast is about as reliable as the weatherman's. I wouldn't pencil in w against the horned frogs just yet. A loss would end yer season as you know it. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT