ADVERTISEMENT

I have a bad feeling about OU.

In this age of social media and knee jerk reaction by the playoff committee's etc. you should never wish a loss on either of our teams prior to or after the RRS. They may count alot towards your quality wins
I get all that but OU is an over rated team. Having said that all the teams are down with the exception of Georgia's defense which is elite and Clemson while having a very soli defense will have to hire an elite OC to become relevant again and then we will see what happens with Alabama and Florida and Oregon as the season moves forward.

Reactions: Belldozer1
You speak truth, but...

ouSUX. Sorry, but I can never root for you.
Haha. Well look, we can’t predict the future we can only guesstimate by looking at the past. By past I mean the recent past, the last 5 years. OU has won 4 out of the last 5. Does that mean OU will win this year? Not necessarily. A couple of those games have been toss ups, I expect the same this year.

I get all that but OU is an over rated team. Having said that all the teams are down with the exception of Georgia's defense which is elite and Clemson while having a very soli defense will have to hire an elite OC to become relevant again and then we will see what happens with Alabama and Florida and Oregon as the season moves forward.
Is OU overrated? Maybe. Do I think KSU beats OU this weekend? No. Back to my point about quality wins. Your team lost to the only quality opponent they’ve played to date. If you look across the Big 12 landscape, the quality wins are going to be tough to come by this year.

Is OU overrated? Maybe. Do I think KSU beats OU this weekend? No. Back to my point about quality wins. Your team lost to the only quality opponent they’ve played to date. If you look across the Big 12 landscape, the quality wins are going to be tough to come by this year.

And the team that lost to Arkansas is not the same team with Thompson at QB vs Card. Yes, we lost, but if we played that game again, Texas would give Arkansas all they could handle. I see Texas progressing and OU regressing. Rattler may not be able to hold on to his job much longer. I think it's going to be a challenge for OU to get out of Manhattan with a win on Saturday. If KSU's starting QB were not hurt, this would be almost a sure win for the Wildcats. We'll see how things go on 10/9 in Dallas. I don't see OU being able to keep up with Texas.

And the team that lost to Arkansas is not the same team with Thompson at QB vs Card. Yes, we lost, but if we played that game again, Texas would give Arkansas all they could handle. I see Texas progressing and OU regressing. Rattler may not be able to hold on to his job much longer. I think it's going to be a challenge for OU to get out of Manhattan with a win on Saturday. If KSU's starting QB were not hurt, this would be almost a sure win for the Wildcats. We'll see how things go on 10/9 in Dallas. I don't see OU being able to keep up with Texas.
Hey I can see your enthusiasm and you make some valid points but Texas has been in the desert for quite a while now so any improvement seems like a big deal and it is for Texas fans. OU has been producing the top 1 or 2 offense in the nation for how many years now? Rattler hasn't played up to expectations this year and the offensive production has been down compared to previous years but to act like OU is taking a dive and down for the count is a little premature imo. OU has plenty of talent just as any other top team. We'll agree to disagree on the outcome of the KSU game. If I’m wrong I’ll be here, as always, to admit it.

Last edited:
They lost in a game where they played the wrong qb. And even playing that qb they really should have been up 14-6 at the half. Arkansas is a decent but truth be told very beatable team. The problem with those doing the rankings is that many of them doing so have no business doing it.. For many their picks are based on the apparent flavor of the week..

If Texas wins the rest of their games particularly with TCU, OU (and a a close loss there while certainly not what we want will not kill Texas) and then win against OK State, and then on the road at Baylor and West Virginia and Texas will have had a very good season. All that being true I want to see Texas win a game where they could/ should win but have found ways not to particularly against OU for example..

They lost in a game where they played the wrong qb. And even playing that qb they really should have been up 14-6 at the half. Arkansas is a decent but truth be told very beatable team. The problem with those doing the rankings is that many of them doing so have no business doing it.. For many their picks are based on the apparent flavor of the week..

If Texas wins the rest of their games particularly with TCU, OU (and a a close loss there while certainly not what we want will not kill Texas) and then win against OK State, and then on the road at Baylor and West Virginia and Texas will have had a very good season. All that being true I want to see Texas win a game where they could/ should win but have found ways not to particularly against OU for example..
They tell me that OU D is pretty salty

I'm wondering if the new NIL rules is having unintended consequences on Rattler. He's probably making life changing income now and there's new demands on his time that's taking away from his focus on football. I'm hearing that he's everywhere in the state of Oklahoma in terms of his NIL exposure - TV/radio campaigns, social media deals, car dealerships, restaurants, charitable organizations, etc. With that much demand on his time, how can he focus on football? It appears to be showing with his on-field performance. He was much better last year than this season when there were no such demands on his time.

On top of all that, there's the possible locker room impact among players who aren't raking in as much or any NIL deals. It may not be as much of an issue now because they haven't lost any games but once they start losing games I would bet there will be some immediate locker room turmoil.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I’ve been saying that it will be interesting to see how Lincoln deals with a team that doesn’t have an NFL level QB at the helm. We’re about to find out.
Did you consider 2 time walk on Mayfield NFL level when he came to OU? Murray? Riley will be just fine as will Rattler and if he's not we have a dual threat 5 star in Williams backing him up.

Did you consider 2 time walk on Mayfield NFL level when he came to OU? Murray? Riley will be just fine as will Rattler and if he's not we have a dual threat 5 star in Williams backing him up.
Don’t be hurt friend. I now have the benefit of Mayfield’s history. Murray, yes. Hurts, same. Hindsight is always crystal clear. But I’d also argue that Lincoln didn’t turn anyone of those guys into the talent they are today. Talent is talent. Pure and simple. Your team is in trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM
I will say that I do appreciate our Oklahoma brethren. Without OU we wouldn't have one of the best weeks of the year IMO. I can't really describe how much fun this upcoming week was when I was in school. Even though our OU posters live in Texas, I have to dedicate a classic to Oklahoma that they don't play on the radio anymore, enjoy.

I would like to hear Clob's explanation as a player coming out of the tunnel on gameday and the week leading up to it. Stories are highly encouraged.

I'll share mine next week.

Last edited:
Totally different players. Rattler cares only about his car collection and swag bag. He's entitled. He's had his cream and coffee ass kissed since 7th grade and lacks the ability to focus on his tasks long term. He spends more time on his own self promotion than he does in the film room-- this is a well known fact and a point of contention with many of the coaches.
He's simply a spoiled brat. Period. And the only person that can fix that, is Rattler himself.

And I don't see him fixing himself long term. Prima Donna is a sh!tty way to go through life, and he's well on his way down that path. He's Johnny Manziel without all the talent.

Don’t be hurt friend. I now have the benefit of Mayfield’s history. Murray, yes. Hurts, same. Hindsight is always crystal clear. But I’d also argue that Lincoln didn’t turn anyone of those guys into the talent they are today. Talent is talent. Pure and simple. Your team is in trouble.
Not hurt just stating fact. Yes all 3 of those guys left their college team because they weren’t good enough to start, 2 win the Heisman and are 1st round picks, the other is a runner up to the Heisman and starting in the NFL but Riley had nothing to do with that? Lol . Your argument is laughable. It’s funny what a win will do for a team I guess. 2 weeks ago everyone was crying in their beer around here. OU is 4-0. You keep acting like OU is devoid of talent lol? We have 5 star qb Williams backing up Rattler right now, 5 star Malachi Nelson coming in next year but yes the sky is falling at OU😂

Last edited:
Totally different players. Rattler cares only about his car collection and swag bag. He's entitled. He's had his cream and coffee ass kissed since 7th grade and lacks the ability to focus on his tasks long term. He spends more time on his own self promotion than he does in the film room-- this is a well known fact and a point of contention with many of the coaches.
He's simply a spoiled brat. Period. And the only person that can fix that, is Rattler himself.

And I don't see him fixing himself long term. Prima Donna is a sh!tty way to go through life, and he's well on his way down that path. He's Johnny Manziel without all the talent.
Now I can get on board with some of this Rattler probably is spoiled and putting more time into himself than preparing fir ball games. But it isn’t an issue of Rattler just isn’t talented enough or lacks the tools it takes. He may lack the dedication that’s it. Btw and for the record I called both Mayfield and Murray winning the Heisman all year of their final season at OU and I remember you telling me I was wrong several times so…everyone has an opinion. And anyone that’s been watching, our OL has caused more issues for Rattler than Rattler himself.

Last edited:
Rattler doesn't have the intangibles those guys had. As much as a douche as both of those guys were they had strong work ethics. From all accounts this isn't the case with Rattler. It's easy to get by with this in high school when you're the most talented kid on the field every Friday night. But when you get to college and the playing field is leveled off it's a different story. He has a lot of growing up to do.

Rattler is definitely an NFL 1st round talent. Nobody questions that. But his leadership is a question. How he handles success and how he responds to adversity shows he has a long way to go. Look at how he responded during his interview after the last game which they almost lost. His response was “we’re fine….we’re going to be ok and put it all together “. He’s bailing out himself and his team if that’s what he really believes. A leader would respond much differently like “I have to be better. I’m playing like crap. Our team and coaching staff have to be better…”

He refuses to acknowledge that the team and himself should be performing at a higher level. If that’s his mindset then OU has a long way to go.

OU may still beat us but it’s not nearly the automatic W as it was 2 weeks ago. Rattler may have a big day against us and it could propel their season but the RRS is about attitude, grit, hate and nastiness. Right now, I don’t know if Rattler has adequately appreciated what it takes to win that game. If they lose that game their season is downhill from there. I don’t think he grasps how important it is.

The way things stand right now, I would never trade Rattler for Casey Thompson. I think Casey is playing better than any QB in the Big 12. Hopefully the rest of our team stays locked in and avoids thinking too highly of themselves. Need to stay hungry and prepare each week like they’re playing for a national championship. They prepare like that then I really like our chances against OU.

RRS is going to be fun to watch.

TX with Thompson is not the same team with Card at QB. Thompson just walks and moves around with more energy (sort of fast twitch) and urgency and it translates to the rest of the team. I saw the visible difference in person in Fayetteville. Whether that would have translated to a win who knows.
But, I can vouch that it's just a different team with Thompson.

Rattler is definitely an NFL 1st round talent. Nobody questions that. But his leadership is a question. How he handles success and how he responds to adversity shows he has a long way to go. Look at how he responded during his interview after the last game which they almost lost. His response was “we’re fine….we’re going to be ok and put it all together “. He’s bailing out himself and his team if that’s what he really believes. A leader would respond much differently like “I have to be better. I’m playing like crap. Our team and coaching staff have to be better…”

He refuses to acknowledge that the team and himself should be performing at a higher level. If that’s his mindset then OU has a long way to go.

OU may still beat us but it’s not nearly the automatic W as it was 2 weeks ago. Rattler may have a big day against us and it could propel their season but the RRS is about attitude, grit, hate and nastiness. Right now, I don’t know if Rattler has adequately appreciated what it takes to win that game. If they lose that game their season is downhill from there. I don’t think he grasps how important it is.

The way things stand right now, I would never trade Rattler for Casey Thompson. I think Casey is playing better than any QB in the Big 12. Hopefully the rest of our team stays locked in and avoids thinking too highly of themselves. Need to stay hungry and prepare each week like they’re playing for a national championship. They prepare like that then I really like our chances against OU.

RRS is going to be fun to watch.

All pretty fair points, but can we keep in mind that Rattler is just a redshirt sophomore, and probably still growing into a leadership role?

Also, it's not his fault that the hype machine for him got criminally out of control. He never stood a chance to live up to the unrealistic expectations that were set up for him this year. It was total bullsh!t and ridiculous.

Late in the 4th, in a tie game against the couch-burners, he calmly and coolly led the offense down the field for the game winning FG. This was after hearing the douchebags in our student section start chanting for the back up QB. Kid showed me something there.

Maybe he fold up in cottonbowl, maybe he won't. We'll see.

Now I can get on board with some of this Rattler probably is spoiled and putting more time into himself than preparing fir ball games. But it isn’t an issue of Rattler just isn’t talented enough or lacks the tools it takes. He may lack the dedication that’s it. Btw and for the record I called both Mayfield and Murray winning the Heisman all year of their final season at OU and I remember you telling me I was wrong several times so…everyone has an opinion. And anyone that’s been watching, our OL has caused more issues for Rattler than Rattler himself.
And I called both Murray and Baker prima Donna's because, at the time, they were.

Now granted, Baker slightly matured and pulled off the Heisman, Kyler got out from under his father's D-bag shadow and was able to grow.

Rattler shows no signs of either at this point.

All pretty fair points, but can we keep in mind that Rattler is just a redshirt sophomore, and probably still growing into a leadership role?

Also, it's not his fault that the hype machine for him got criminally out of control. He never stood a chance to live up to the unrealistic expectations that were set up for him this year. It was total bullsh!t and ridiculous.

Late in the 4th, in a tie game against the couch-burners, he calmly and coolly led the offense down the field for the game winning FG. This was after hearing the douchebags in our student section start chanting for the back up QB. Kid showed me something there.

Maybe he fold up in cottonbowl, maybe he won't. We'll see.
This is his 3rd full season in the program. He had the benefit of watching for a year and has a complete season under his belt as the starter. He should have a very good grasp of their system by now. That is not an excuse IMO. Some guys are just naturally leaders and I think it's either something you have or you don't. I don't see it as something that you really have to grow into.

These next couple of weeks should tell us about who he is as a player. The great players have a way to turn adversity into a motivation tool. Some of these kids are so used to being the star throughout their younger years that they never really have to deal with adversity.

Reactions: Belldozer1
And I called both Murray and Baker prima Donna's because, at the time, they were.

Now granted, Baker slightly matured and pulled off the Heisman, Kyler got out from under his father's D-bag shadow and was able to grow.

Rattler shows no signs of either at this point.
Well you've been wrong before.......and if you are right, we have Williams on the bench things could be much, much worse. When was the last time OU went through a season undefeated? 2000

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT