ADVERTISEMENT

I really like the Thunder!

Longhorn Crazy

Jan 8, 2003
Always have been a fan of the Thunder because of Durant. But it is pretty damn cool for them to pick up DJ in the heart of Sooner country. They are rolling now and don't be surprised if they win it all! Thunder up!

Originally posted by Longhorn Crazy:
Always have been a fan of the Thunder because of Durant. But it is pretty damn cool for them to pick up DJ in the heart of Sooner country. They are rolling now and don't be surprised if they win it all! Thunder up!
Can't help but root for them, with Durant on the squad. DJ being on the squad, just adds to it. I too believe, that they have what it takes, to win it all. They added some more firepower to the team.

idk what it is but i just cant like the Thunder. In fact i find myself rooting for them to lose lol. I guess its because everyone else in Oklahoma likes them. Its funny just about every year i ask my son who he thinks will win it all(he is 15) and he NEVER even mentions the spurs. When will people learn?

Yankee, the Thunder are really hurting OU and OSU's BB programs. OSU has always had great support and now IBA is like a ghost town. OU has a really good team this year and all you see is empty seats in a 11k arena.

As for football, OU has never had to deal with a pro sports team and I have always been surprised OU fans are no where close being as rabid as SEC fans. You can sure bet the Thunder don't help the football program either. I remember seeing a thread from an OU fan last year saying all the talk on the radio was the Thunder when during OU's spring camp. Obviously before that was never the case.

Win or lose the Thunder popularity will just keep going up because they are definetly a franchise that has the mojo and fans are easily drawn to them in some way. Even if it wasn't for Durant I would still follow them, hard to explain.

ADVERTISEMENT