ADVERTISEMENT

I think Ketch finally gets it

He shouldn't be. It's all true. Read my post in the entitled kids thread. I'm laying it out for you.

This is going to be another semi-rebuild.

1. I think Herman gets fired after the next loss. We can't wait because we need to re-build the 2021 and 2022 classes.

2. Someone is going to have to clean out the SJW rotgut by drawing a line in the sand. The losses will be substantial but it needs to be done.

3. Meyer steps in and uses the portal to fill the holes.

4. Bag men get busy. We start banking top 5 classes.

• Wow
Reactions: okiehorn
This is going to be another semi-rebuild.

1. I think Herman gets fired after the next loss. We can't wait because we need to re-build the 2021 and 2022 classes.

2. Someone is going to have to clean out the SJW rotgut by drawing a line in the sand. The losses will be substantial but it needs to be done.

3. Meyer steps in and uses the portal to fill the holes.

4. Bag men get busy. We start banking top 5 classes.

I will wager that: he won't be fired

I was perusing the tv yesterday and came across Herman’s coaches show and his Monday press conference on the LHN. Apparently there has been a commission formed by UT to determine the origins and meanings of the Eyes of Texas. Also Herman was pointing out that teams didn’t go through spring practice etc due to covid so installing a new system on offense and defense has been difficult.

I said before the season started that I don’t see any coaches getting fired this year simply due to what I stated above. Covid bought some coaches at least another year imo.

I was perusing the tv yesterday and came across Herman’s coaches show and his Monday press conference on the LHN. Apparently there has been a commission formed by UT to determine the origins and meanings of the Eyes of Texas. Also Herman was pointing out that teams didn’t go through spring practice etc due to covid so installing a new system on offense and defense has been difficult.

I said before the season started that I don’t see any coaches getting fired this year simply due to what I stated above. Covid bought some coaches at least another year imo.

Herman needs to get to the Big 12 Title game at the VERY least. 2 more losses and he is toast.

The race baiters and a handful of ex-players on twitter are pushing the "hold him to the same standard as Strong..." narrative.

It is such a volatile thing man. Crazy stuff.

Well, I can see their point, I agree Strong didn’t get Enough time. Would y’all consider bringing him back?

Well, I can see their point, I agree Strong didn’t get Enough time. Would y’all consider bringing him back?

I don't see their point at all. If Texas doesn't lose to Kansas and goes 6-6 and gets into a bowl game year 3, he gets another year. If hey beat Kansas, maybe they don't lay an egg at home vs. TCU and go 7-5. That would've built real momentum into year 4. I was a fan of the hire. I was on board with Charlie until the West Virginia loss at home that year. And then he goes to USF and it only takes 3 years to run that program into the ground. He lost his mojo. Darn shame too because he is the kind of guy you root for.

LOL, I think you know the answer to your question Bell. Do you also think John Blake didn't get enough time? He only got 3 years, all 3 losing seasons.

strong got enough time. when you know it's going backwards, you make the change, whether it's day 1 or 1000. it had been 3 years of awfulness. herman has at least had his moments; strong, aside from flash in the pan games, had none. he did, however, behave as an adult, all the way to the bitter end. it can always be maintained that strong was a class act. not so much with tommy

strong got enough time. when you know it's going backwards, you make the change, whether it's day 1 or 1000. it had been 3 years of awfulness. herman has at least had his moments; strong, aside from flash in the pan games, had none. he did, however, behave as an adult, all the way to the bitter end. it can always be maintained that strong was a class act. not so much with tommy

Agree 1000%.

Maybe the next coach can behave like an adult AND win football games.

Tom stepped on all the questions. He didn't answer a single one. Just talked in circles. He's done and he knows it. We all know it.

Austin is soft. UT Austin is soft. The Texas Longhorns are soft. Expectations are low within the Administration's circle of influence. They don't care about football. They want to be Berkely.

When I was in high school, undisciplined players earned a place on the bench.

No one disrespected a coach.

We could be required to do "extra" football drills which resulted in vomiting if we screwed up on the field.

If we were tardy to class, it earned us 2 licks with a paddle. The coach's paddle was in the athletics field house where no one could hear the beatings. The paddle was a wooden sawed down the middle Easton baseball bat. There were serious repercussions for screw ups.

I am going to stay out of politics but some people are permissive of failure and some aren't.

Herman has never heard of disciplining a player for dumb penanlties.... Need I say more?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...man-at-a-loss-on-Texas-streak-of-15641538.php

Last edited:
“Herman said Monday that Texas is at a “crossroads.”” Re: Eyes of Texas song and players opting out on singing it.

Oh okay so a 4 year head coach is now going to tell us how we must act? He can go to hell in a burning hand basket and so can the woke dumb players who believe such garbage about our song being racist. Unreal this guy. Fire his butt now!!

“Herman said Monday that Texas is at a “crossroads.”” Re: Eyes of Texas song and players opting out on singing it.

Oh okay so a 4 year head coach is now going to tell us how we must act? He can go to hell in a burning hand basket and so can the woke dumb players who believe such garbage about our song being racist. Unreal this guy. Fire his butt now!!

Herman needs to go but I do understand how the black players make the link to racist overtones on the EOT. Do I like it, no. Do I understand, yes.

Herman needs to go but I do understand how the black players make the link to racist overtones on the EOT. Do I like it, no. Do I understand, yes.
How exactly do they link it? What evidence is there of it being racist? Someone heard it was used in a minstrel show at some time and place long ago ? That is evidence ? Yelling untrue statements doesn’t make the statements true. Like “hands up don’t shoot” was a total lie but people still say it.

It's the idea of needing to be watched. No trust. It is what it is. The South is watching what they do, etc.... I'm conveying what I have read.

Reactions: Belldozer1
It's the idea of needing to be watched. No trust. It is what it is. The South is watching what they do, etc.... I'm conveying what I have read.
Huh I see. So they lack reading comprehension skills. They fail to realize it is their Eyes and the eyes of Texas fans. They are simple Idiots. You can’t argue with idiots because they are unable to cognitively think. Like arguing with a brick wall.

So just curious were you this upset when Mack asked fans to get there early and stay late? Basically telling you what to do. I’ve been told our fans leave early so that pretty much means they don’t sing the Eyes either?

If they sing or not makes no difference we’re a losing program and have been since the end of the Mack era. They were singing it until this year.

So just curious were you this upset when Mack asked fans to get there early and stay late? Basically telling you what to do. I’ve been told our fans leave early so that pretty much means they don’t sing the Eyes either?

If they sing or not makes no difference we’re a losing program and have been since the end of the Mack era. They were singing it until this year.
Was Mack disparaging our freaking school fight song we all love? Was Mack telling us that we need to change because some activist made up some bs about our school being racist for this or that? Seriously?

Texas has always had a late arriving crowd and many don't come back to their seats after halftime, and/or leave before the end of the game. However, those that do stay, and every last person in the stands puts up their Horns and sings The Eyes. That is the difference between what has always been done and the woke, disrespectful, PC people today. Your analogy isn't accurate at all.

Texas has always had a late arriving crowd and many don't come back to their seats after halftime, and/or leave before the end of the game. However, those that do stay, and every last person in the stands puts up their Horns and sings The Eyes. That is the difference between what has always been done and the woke, disrespectful, PC people today. Your analogy isn't accurate at all.

Huh? When did that start? Under DKR and Akers everyone got there early and stayed late. Generally, the student section was too drunk to leave.

ADVERTISEMENT