ADVERTISEMENT

I think Ketch finally gets it

Huh? When did that start? Under DKR and Akers everyone got there early and stayed late. Generally, the student section was too drunk to leave.
My assumption is that with Austin’s growth fans don’t want to sit in traffic and that’s more important than singing the Eye’s. Just a guess. Sounds pretty disrespectful to me as well but hey pick and choose right.

Huh? When did that start? Under DKR and Akers everyone got there early and stayed late. Generally, the student section was too drunk to leave.

Well ya, we did drink a lot of bourbon at the games. I would think that over the last 30 years Texas has had a lot of losses. From my experience, people get pissed and leave. Better times at the after party. Sadly, Texas is losing a lot of fans atm. The damage is real. I am getting numb to it.

How exactly do they link it? What evidence is there of it being racist? Someone heard it was used in a minstrel show at some time and place long ago ? That is evidence ? Yelling untrue statements doesn’t make the statements true. Like “hands up don’t shoot” was a total lie but people still say it.

here's what happened. a bunch of people started running around and tearing up and burning things in the name of "justice". then a bunch of people saw that those in power were not only not stopping such behavior, but they were also willing to placate those that were doing the damage. so some more people deemed some stuff really really racist. and they were placated. and eventually-- and likely inevitably-- it reached austin. and those in austin with a similar leftist tint convinced some impressionable young men that BY GOD SOMETHING MUST BE DONE NOW! and they fell for it. why? because the people in minneapolis were crying for justice and getting to tear things up, and the people in portland were crying for justice and getting to tear things up, and the people in nyc were crying for justice and getting to tear things up, and BY GOD WE WANT TO CRY JUSTICE AND TEAR THINGS UP TOO!!!

that's frankly what all the rioting and looting and statue destroying was about. they didn't really have a problem with abraham lincoln-- good grief, how in their right minds really could? but the people in that town over there cried about CHANGE or JUSTICE and got to tear down some statues and get some buildings to change their names. and since that town got to do it, they wanted to do it too. that's it.

this is what the kids on the football team at UT got to change. in the name of "justice". yeah, okay

Austin is soft. UT Austin is soft. The Texas Longhorns are soft. Expectations are low within the Administration's circle of influence. They don't care about football. They want to be Berkely.

When I was in high school, undisciplined players earned a place on the bench.

No one disrespected a coach.

We could be required to do "extra" football drills which resulted in vomiting if we screwed up on the field.

If we were tardy to class, it earned us 2 licks with a paddle. The coach's paddle was in the athletics field house where no one could hear the beatings. The paddle was a wooden sawed down the middle Easton baseball bat. There were serious repercussions for screw ups.

I am going to stay out of politics but some people are permissive of failure and some aren't.

Herman has never heard of disciplining a player for dumb penanlties.... Need I say more?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...man-at-a-loss-on-Texas-streak-of-15641538.php
In high school, I only witnessed 2 teammates getting swats (for cutting through a yard on one of our distance runs during off-season football. Otherwise, we respected our coaches and were fearful of the consequences of screwing up. And the "2nd consequences" from our parents. Of course this was back in the day.

Reactions: freeper
In high school, I only witnessed 2 teammates getting swats (for cutting through a yard on one of our distance runs during off-season football. Otherwise, we respected our coaches and were fearful of the consequences of screwing up. And the "2nd consequences" from our parents. Of course this was back in the day.
Didn't Berkley beat us!

The goons tear down statues of Lincoln because they are so ignorant of history that they dont even know who he was.

Reactions: hookem3434
So just curious were you this upset when Mack asked fans to get there early and stay late? Basically telling you what to do. I’ve been told our fans leave early so that pretty much means they don’t sing the Eyes either?

If they sing or not makes no difference we’re a losing program and have been since the end of the Mack era. They were singing it until this year.

Drew, you missed on this one my friend.

Drew, you missed on this one my friend.
Just wondering are we mad at people telling us what to do? I was just going off of a comment. Mad at being told what to do. It is what it is. I know this place pretty good. Actually it’s not at all what it used to be on here but hey things change. I read these post and I understand views but pretty much everyone on here has the same. Which honestly makes for a boring place and a circle jerk. Probably best if I start heading out.

Just wondering are we mad at people telling us what to do? I was just going off of a comment. Mad at being told what to do. It is what it is. I know this place pretty good. Actually it’s not at all what it used to be on here but hey things change. I read these post and I understand views but pretty much everyone on here has the same. Which honestly makes for a boring place and a circle jerk. Probably best if I start heading out.

The correlation you made is hollow.

If you don't want to sing the song whatever. But to completely vacate the field? I don't blame the kids at all, they're kids. They were given an opportunity and did what they thought was right.

I said it way back in the summer. If adults don't step in a set guidelines, etc., it will come to a head like this. Change is good and necessary, but change just for the sake of change is a dangerous proposition. The EOT change is just for the sake of change. And it hasn't gone well.

You can go back and find the posts. I said the same thing back in June after the "demand" letter came out.

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT