ADVERTISEMENT

I will give $10,000 and an autographed Earl & Ricky helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I guess we should have left our citizens there? Did you see what the Chinese did to all foreigners there? Every foreigner in China was denied medical supplies and masks. The fact they came to America and were immediately put in quarantine was a huge factor in slowing down the disease.
I notice that no one is responding on the other issues (problems) with Trump's lying about Corona, or shutting down the pandemics team that Obama-Biden set up in China, or other things Trump has done to accelerate Covid in the USA. Just a couple things you DO want to respond to.

On the Americans in Wuhan and elsewhere in China being rescued:
Of the 195 rescued Americans, most didn't have Covid. However, the healthy Americans faced a huge risk of catching it by the rescue procedure itself. Before ever being screened, they rode by bus to the coastal airport, then by chartered jet to Alaska, then again to California, and then bus again to March Air Reserve Base. By sharing the cabins of bus and jet, they were likely to catch Covid.

True, they were screened twice for symptoms before leaving China, and twice again in Anchorage, Alaska. That's good, but as we now know, Covid carriers can be asymptomatic!

Upon arrival at March Air Reserve Base. they were NOT required to stay quarantined. They were free to go! Fortunately, all 195 agreed to stay for the 3 day evaluation and monitoring. But if they didn't show symptoms, they left. As pointed out already, carriers can be asymptomatic. It's quite likely, then, that early Covid infection rates were boosted around the country (including in states run by Democrats or Republicans -- who cares, really?!?) by these American diplomats, their families, and others.

Should we have left them there? That's one possibility, and for the sake of the nation's security and health, it's not out of the question. Another might be to airlift them to a U.S. protectorate, such as Guam or the Marshalls.

Early reports, though, were that some Americans who were rescued from Wuhan were allowed to "quarantine" as they saw fit, wherever they chose to go. Were these reports accurate? I dunno.

Well according to your precious WHO, the shutdown was the wrong thing to do.
My precious WHO?! Since when have I said anything--pro or con--about the WHO? Wasatch, maybe set the beer down for a little longer before you post, making assumptions about me?

It's a virus, masks don't help stop a virus. It's an organism the size of a germ to a germ. It's like saying a chain link fence can stop mosquitos.

This is not an airborne virus, effective to stopping the virus is social distancing and washing your hands often.

Here is an interesting statistic, pneumonia has killed more people this year under 24 than Covid has. Yet we have shut down schools, again, I ask why?
Covid causes pneumonia, sometimes. So pneumonia rates are going to increase, due to Covid. Many deaths where Covid played a causative role have been attributed instead to other diseases. Is it as simple as an out of date form or database, coroners and doctors not knowing enough about Covid yet, or intentionally hiding Covid deaths for political reasons? Hard to know, but I lean towards the first two.

Masks significantly reduce the infection rate. Some masks are more effective than others. They work by restricting the force of sneezes (which can travel up to 21 feet), as well as breaths. By wearing a mask, you aren't protected all that much, but you limit your own "ability" to infect others. So you shouldn't feel invulnerable just by wearing a mask. It's especially important to wear a mask and/or face shield when indoors. These are all known facts.

Therefore, while it's an inconvenience to wear a mask, especially when working hard / getting out of breath, to never wear a mask is just extremely selfish behavior, like driving drunk, shooting bullets into the air, or not putting out a campfire. There are times we SHOULD wear masks, and times we can get away without it, like if you work alone or outdoors, away from others. If you have a daughter, let's say, try to do what you'd want others to do, around her. Wear the d*mn mask!

The math doesn't support your assertion that the US has mis-handled Covid-19. Our testing protocols are as good as any country in world and our mortality rate is less than 3%.

The negative economic impact of shutting this country down far outways the impact of Covid. If Dum-Dum was in charge, he would have shut the economy down 8 weeks earlier. Yet he wants to blame the President for the state of the economy. What did you think was going to happen in the retail sector when all the stores closed and everyone was told not to leave home?

He gave liberals what they wanted and now they're killing him for it.

And to try and hold 1 person responsible for the spread of a virus for political gain is just sad.

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
So much bull crap, so little time, so let's get started.

I notice that no one is responding on the other issues (problems) with Trump's lying about Corona, or shutting down the pandemics team that Obama-Biden set up in China, or other things Trump has done to accelerate Covid in the USA.

The president lies, wow, that is a shock, it's right up there with "I didn't have sex with that woman", and "I was born in America".

Of the 195 rescued Americans, most didn't have Covid. However, the healthy Americans faced a huge risk of catching it by the rescue procedure itself.

Did any of them test positive? You cannot deny an American Citizen the right to enter this country. Especially in a pandemic where if left there in a hostile country where medical protection was denied all non-Chinese citizens could have been a death sentence.

I'm sure Democrats would have been all over the President for that.

True, they were screened twice for symptoms before leaving China, and twice again in Anchorage, Alaska.

So everything you said about bringing them home was complete bull shit Screned twice and no symptoms.

Covid carriers can be asymptomatic!

Yet, we have been able to track the origins of all the early cases especially in New York and Washington state.

It's quite likely, then, that early Covid infection rates were boosted around the country (including in states run by Democrats or Republicans -- who cares, really?!?) by these American diplomats, their families, and others.

Again, you talk without knowing, It's also possible you like to drink donkey jizz. See how that works when you make assumptions.

Should we have left them there? That's one possibility, and for the sake of the nation's security and health,

If Trump did that he would be no better than the Democrat govenors that were knowingly housing Covid cases in nursing homes. A crime they need to answer for.

My precious WHO?! Since when have I said anything--pro or con--about the WHO? Wasatch, maybe set the beer down for a little longer before you post, making assumptions about me?

I was referring to Democrats and liberals.

Covid causes pneumonia, sometimes. So pneumonia rates are going to increase, due to Covid. Many deaths where Covid played a causative role have been attributed instead to other diseases. Is it as simple as an out of date form or database, coroners and doctors not knowing enough about Covid yet, or intentionally hiding Covid deaths for political reasons?

Hospitals are incentivized to offer up as many Covid cases as possible. There was no reason for a hospital to claim a person didn't have Covid when they actually did. However there have been numerous cases of deaths being attrubuted Covid when it had nothing to do with the disease.

"Man decapitated in car accident, dies of Covid".

It's especially important to wear a mask and/or face shield when indoors. These are all known facts.

Again, your opinion, Medical professionals have said that masks don't work, but the government can't seem to stop mandating them.

If you have a daughter, let's say, try to do what you'd want others to do, around her. Wear the d*mn mask!

I have 4 healthy daughters I'm not scared one bit in them catching this thing. I am worried about my parents getting it.

Reactions: Lampasas
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT