ADVERTISEMENT

If masks are back, it just occurred to me...

Far less risk but still a risk I’m not willing to take. I’ll repeat, I have no interest in taking an irreversible, experimental trial vaccine that has no long-term safety data and doesn't stop the transmission of Covid.

It doesn’t matter what acronym you have after your name, I refuse to be a lab rat.

Fair enough….BTW my “acronym” are my initials, and DOB…

Until it mutates again in the fall. This isn’t going away or burning out. Kids are also just about to head back to school.
Unfortunately true, though thankfully viruses almost always mutate into weaker forms. This is something we're just going to have to learn to live with, and make sure that hospitals are ready to go in the event that there's another mutation that results in rapid infection.

There are reasons why not to get the shot. My wife’s best friend is paralyzed from the chest down from the shot. After a week of neurological testing, her physician(s) explained that there is a link to paralysis in some patients. According to her neurologist, he is seeing more and more of this reaction. Over four months in a wheel chair with no feeling below the chest.
Very sorry to hear that, terrible…no doubt the vaccine is not safe for everyone, and these things happen with all vaccines and medicines….just listen to any commercial for a medication, and hear the potential for side effects. Folks need to weigh the risk of the vaccine vs the risk of not being vaccinated.

Last edited:
I am not an expert. I know less than the Director of the National Institute of Health and the Director of the CDC. I defer to them as the best source of information about everything related to Covid.

Having said that, I believe that everyone, and I mean everyone is going to get Covid.*

People who have been vaccinated are mostly going to get mildly sick, and people who have not been vaccinated are going to get badly sick in pretty significant numbers.

We will get to 100% herd immunity in the near future, because 100% of the entire population of the country is going to get Covid.

The pre-Delta-variant would have spread the virus more slowly and with less deadly consequences, but this Delta-variant is going to move at NASCAR speed with serious-as-a-heart-attack consequences.

*There may be a small percentage of the population who has a natural immunity to Covid. I don't know whether that is true or not. But everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone who does not have a natural immunity to Covid is going to get it.
Stfu. You know it all.

I masked up and got the vaccine. I followed the rules but I’m not going back to masks.
Masks are weak against the original strain. This one is rapid x 10 so it won't make a material difference. Social distancing is best guidance. Vaccine isn't foolproof so happy trails.

Unfortunately true, though thankfully viruses almost always mutate into weaker forms. This is something we're just going to have to learn to live with, and make sure that hospitals are ready to go in the event that there's another mutation that results in rapid infection.
Yes, I think ultimately we will learn to live with it and quit sensationalizing headlines.

Reactions: lord_caesar
There are reasons why not to get the shot. My wife’s best friend is paralyzed from the chest down from the shot. After a week of neurological testing, her physician(s) explained that there is a link to paralysis in some patients. According to her neurologist, he is seeing more and more of this reaction. Over four months in a wheel chair with no feeling below the chest.
Wow, that's brutal. I'm so sorry to hear about that. My eldest daughter was paralyzed by the MMR when she was 2. She has since regained 96-97% of her functionality, but it was an incredibly scary and painful experience. I honestly haven't heard of anyone paralyzed by the vaccine before. Do you know which one she got? And, was it the first or second shot that paralyzed her.

Front_Cover-18.jpg

I saw this making the rounds today. Take the source away real quick and just look at the info graphic. If true, seems like maybe an over reaction
It jibes with what I've seen from other sources, as well. Break through cases happen but are still very rare for vaccinated people.

Reactions: covell53
I never really saw the big issue with wearing a mask when the infection rate is really high. Pretty much if a business wants me to wear it i will. No biggie.

Reactions: pantless wonder
I never really saw the big issue with wearing a mask when the infection rate is really high. Pretty much if a business wants me to wear it i will. No biggie.
I will wear one when a business requires it. Makes less and less sense for them to given it is extremely ineffective now and the focus should be on distancing and otherwise makes people think they are safe when they really aren't.

Reactions: tmaculate1
Look I'm not taking sides. I've had the vaccine, and I'm not scared to go out and spend time aroupeople. But I do think this thing is going to be around for a long while (and potentially make some % of the population very sick). So it's just about liability and risk aversion when it comes to public and private events now. No idea how it turns out.
Yes, my daughter is still recovering from it. She didn’t get the vaccine and had a very rough time. Two of her friends didn’t have the vaccination either and are still in the hospital. Another close friend had the vaccination and had a very mild case.
GET THE VACCINATION.

Reactions: srv112266
And once we find a way to neutralize the Delta variant, a new on will pop up. Mutation rates start out fast then begin to slow down. It's evolution, Darwinism, inevitable and a part of life.

Especially with all the unvaxed letting the virus mutate freely. This is probably the worst contribution by the unvaxed to our current and future state.

I didn’t miss your point, I simply discredited your analogy.

This doctor telling me I should take a non-FDA approved experimental vaccine with no knowledge of long-term effects is as good as your yoga instructor telling me how to do my job.

The Delta variant has already been known to breakthrough the vaccine so what’s the point?
Quit using the term experimental, that is disingenuous. Also, you’d be shocked how many medicines we use every day that’s not “fda approved”. Please stop talking on subjects that unfortunately you know so little about

Still baffled at how companies like Pfizer just decided to spend towards a treatment
Surprisingly, most corporations aren't evil. The best ones are about more than P&L. Ultimately it may help them in that regard too.

I read that reservations to a nose dive when the mask mandate was released. I was there a couple weeks ago and it was lawlessness. I blame myself.

Yes for sure. My brothers kids from Rockwall had reservations in a couple of weeks in Vegas and canceled the trip. They’re not wearing masks.

Everything was fully reimbursed but still waiting to hear on the shows.

Unless you’re actually going to stage a revolution (you’re not), many things will be beyond your ability to control if there are more shutdowns.

Again, there is a straightforward way to get past all of this. Sadly, it’s the people who tend to be most “anti-shutdown” and “anti-mask” that may bring more of this stuff upon us by declining the vaccines.
Yes. The dumbasses. They are going to ruin it for those who got stuck. The only way we go back to lockdowns is the coward antivaxxers. That's the only way.

Yes. The dumbasses. They are going to ruin it for those who got stuck. The only way we go back to lockdowns is the coward antivaxxers. That's the only way.
Not sure I’d go that far. For one thing, nobody 100% knows how things will progress regardless of vaccination rates.

I think there’s some fear, but mostly I think it’s a combination of misinformation and misguided political biases.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT