ADVERTISEMENT

If the US gov comes for your guns....

Is this the look that Steve Patterson was going for? Someone should email him this. Dude was ground breaking...........

He better be wearing a cup in case he comes in for a hard landing when returning to his inflatable. Looks like he tip toed that landing

Is this the look that Steve Patterson was going for? Someone should email him this. Dude was ground breaking...........
Dude, all I could think about was the time Manny _iaz talked about guys dropping in from the sky and popping out of holes.

Reactions: clob94
That's some pretty good animation.
Especially since it's not animated, a little research easily verifies. They've been working on personal jetpacks for years and years. Personally, I wouldn't want to be a flying fuel tank in combat but training with this stuff would be awesome.

Yeah, I can't see this working in any kind of military warfare. We ain't reached the Jetson's world yet. The Hague Convention might make some kind of command for opposing forces to stand down for the jet-pack warriors but, you're right. Like shootin exploding ducks. I think they should sell it to water parks.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Yeah, I can't see this working in any kind of military warfare. We ain't reached the Jetson's world yet. The Hague Convention might make some kind of command for opposing forces to stand down for the jet-pack warriors but, you're right. Like shootin exploding ducks. I think they should sell it to water parks.
Yep, I can't shake the images of the flamethrower troops detonating in Japan.

Yeah, that's serious shit right there. Is that a .50 gatlin?
I think they were 20mm, the same as what f15/16s shoot except its rate of fire is ludicrous speed. T-bolts (A10 warthog) runs 30mm which makes a helluva mess with insurgent a$$holes.

There's a big square box that can fire around 1.5mil rds/min of caseless 9mm. I dont think it ever made it out of testing but there used to be youtube videos of it floating around. Useless, but wild concept.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
I think they were 20mm, the same as what f15/16s shoot except its rate of fire is ludicrous speed. T-bolts (A10 warthog) runs 30mm which makes a helluva mess with insurgent a$$holes.

There's a big square box that can fire around 1.5mil rds/min of caseless 9mm. I dont think it ever made it out of testing but there used to be youtube videos of it floating around. Useless, but wild concept.
A few things-- caseless weapons were starting to be played with by DARPA around about the time your career was coming to a close. The first was the LSAT
Which, if I'm not mistaken, was taken out to that "special" range in North Carolina where you got to train. Supposedly it was a "sh!t hot" weapon with "Blue team" and the chairborne guys loved it as well. Then they let the motards shoot it and development has moved forward on other rounds and different calibers.

Here's a rundown of the new toys--

Allegedly the fully loaded rig is lighter and the ammo is substantially lighter. This is the future.

Put this in yer pocket. You know what I mean. 😁

I fired one of the variants once. Can't remember the "official" model number but I've never like bull pup designed weapons. The AUG and the FAMAS were no Bueno. The FAMAS felt like a tinker toy. The Gendarmes at the French embassy in Angola carried those and I chastised them about it every time I saw them.

"Putain de FAMAS?" Is what I'd say to them. "Fvcking FAMAS?" ---- and then I'd shrug as if to say "get a real rifle". They didn't think it was funny--- at first.
This was in 2015-2016 but last I'd heard, since I haven't been there since 2019, they've switched over to the HK416. Obviously I had zero to do with that. But it's good to know our allies now have at least some compatible mags we can take off of them after they've dropped their gear and ran away.

I fired one of the variants once. Can't remember the "official" model number but I've never like bull pup designed weapons. The AUG and the FAMAS were no Bueno. The FAMAS felt like a tinker toy. The Gendarmes at the French embassy in Angola carried those and I chastised them about it every time I saw them.

"Putain de FAMAS?" Is what I'd say to them. "Fvcking FAMAS?" ---- and then I'd shrug as if to say "get a real rifle". They didn't think it was funny--- at first.
This was in 2015-2016 but last I'd heard, since I haven't been there since 2019, they've switched over to the HK416. Obviously I had zero to do with that. But it's good to know our allies now have at least some compatible mags we can take off of them after they've dropped their gear and ran away.
Styer = trash except in video games for some rea$on and the famas has GOT to be the ugliest pos designed with a freaking giant handicap handle. Glad to hear they finally jumped on the hk416 train, gotta love german gear.

Speaking of sbr's, do you know where I could find a semi-auto honeybadger knockoff? I made something similar by slapping a .300 upper with an old dpms lower but didn't go the sbr route. I'd really like to get an integrated silencer right at the 16" limit to avoid more stamps if possible. My long rifle with a 30cal can on the end is very effective but a pain in the rear to pop hogs

Styer = trash except in video games for some rea$on and the famas has GOT to be the ugliest pos designed with a freaking giant handicap handle. Glad to hear they finally jumped on the hk416 train, gotta love german gear.

Speaking of sbr's, do you know where I could find a semi-auto honeybadger knockoff? I made something similar by slapping a .300 upper with an old dpms lower but didn't go the sbr route. I'd really like to get an integrated silencer right at the 16" limit to avoid more stamps if possible. My long rifle with a 30cal can on the end is very effective but a pain in the rear to pop hogs
Yes---- the honeybadger, as you probably know because you got to fire one long before I did, has tons of proprietary parts. Those parts are part of the reason why it's so much lighter than that SOPMOD you used to have to tote around-- and probably much lighter than any other battle rifle you had to carry if you were ever augmenting some other nations SOF group. So finding something that light is going to be tough.

You've got a few options.

Option 1-- LWRC PDW
2. Sugar weasel
3. Build your own

Finding an integrated barrel and can is kind of tough but I know the dudes at Sons of Liberty and would be happy to introduce you. Because of your previous occupation, they're likely to hook you up. They loves them some former pipe hitter union members.

Without a doubt, I'd go with the PDW stock. Collapsible and light.

The sugar weasel with a PDW stock might be as close as you can get.

Kevin did a heckuva job promoting the AAC brand but there's things that can be improved upon that design.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Did anyone understand your post?
Alright noobie-- what did you not understand? I'll walk you through this.

You posted an Israeli made weapon called a Tavor. The Jews typically get alotta things right when it comes to Mossaad-- but the Tavor ain't one of them. It's a "bull pup" design rifle-- which means the bolt and the mag (don't call it a fvcking clip) are located at the REAR of the weapon. This makes a few things about it really sucky.
1. Good luck shooting lefty. When you've got to ckear corners, both left and right, you've got to be able to switch the weapon from shoulder to shoulder. One corner you're a righty, the next you're a lefty. Bullpup designs are hard use in ambidextrous fashion.
2. Trigger mechanism sucks. Since the trigger is further away from the bolt, there's extra parts or "linkages" involved when you pull the trigger. More moving parts = more chances for problems. And because there are more parts-- you get number 3 problems--
3. Dirt. Bad guys don't hang out in dirt free places. Bad guys live in mountain passes, deserts, swamps, jungles etc. Those places have dirt, grime, sand and mud. Get that stuff in your Tavor and it clogs up the works-- and then you're dead. Couple that with a crappy trigger pull which reduces accuracy over distance and I think you're starting to get my drift.
4. Reloading. If you're used to pressing the mag release button, slinging out your empty mag and quickly ramming home a fresh mag and hitting the bolt release-- thus getting you back in the fight quickly-- good luck with a Tavor-- or any bullpup design. A decent shooter could cycle through 5 mags on an AR platform before you could cycle through 3 on a bullpup.

Does this help you any?

Reactions: Lampasas
Yes---- the honeybadger, as you probably know because you got to fire one long before I did, has tons of proprietary parts. Those parts are part of the reason why it's so much lighter than that SOPMOD you used to have to tote around-- and probably much lighter than any other battle rifle you had to carry if you were ever augmenting some other nations SOF group. So finding something that light is going to be tough.

You've got a few options.

Option 1-- LWRC PDW
2. Sugar weasel
3. Build your own

Finding an integrated barrel and can is kind of tough but I know the dudes at Sons of Liberty and would be happy to introduce you. Because of your previous occupation, they're likely to hook you up. They loves them some former pipe hitter union members.

Without a doubt, I'd go with the PDW stock. Collapsible and light.

The sugar weasel with a PDW stock might be as close as you can get.

Kevin did a heckuva job promoting the AAC brand but there's things that can be improved upon that design.
That sugar weasel looks interesting. Seems to be fairly well balanced which is a sticking point for me considering most home builds end up being a JC Whitney overpriced cluster f. I may end up contacting these cats to see if they're open to a bit more customization. Fair price range for the base build.

The givati site says firearm not included in big red letters. 😆 Man, there's some dumbasses out there.

That sugar weasel looks interesting. Seems to be fairly well balanced which is a sticking point for me considering most home builds end up being a JC Whitney overpriced cluster f. I may end up contacting these cats to see if they're open to a bit more customization. Fair price range for the base build.

The givati site says firearm not included in big red letters. 😆 Man, there's some dumbasses out there.
JC Whitney--- haven't heard that name in forever. Didn't even think they were still around.

The sugar weasel was brought to you by the same guy that came up with the Honey badger. So I'm sure it's very well balanced. Kevin has a gift. It's a bit misplaced at times--- but he still has a gift.

Well, technically speaking " I found some Shiner Peach beer today"! I love that stuff , was drinking Shiner Lime foe a while....

Life is good! Now all I need is for the Horns to run the table....

Hook'em

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT