ADVERTISEMENT

If the US gov comes for your guns....

Ohhhhh I bet this 6.5 is straight smoke.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!

Ohhhhh I bet this 6.5 is straight smoke.
I havn't jumped on the 6.5 train yet. I've shot my buds but the difference isn't significant enough for me to buy in. With that being said, I'll gladly accept the .308 version as an early Independence Day gift. Pretty sure I still have 4 or 5 boxes of .308 stored away.

I havn't jumped on the 6.5 train yet. I've shot my buds but the difference isn't significant enough for me to buy in. With that being said, I'll gladly accept the .308 version as an early Independence Day gift. Pretty sure I still have 4 or 5 boxes of .308 stored away.
Question-- I was saving this question for you personally if your ass ever decides to quit being a Fobbit and come grab a beer or some Q with Clob-- were you ever sent under the wire carrying a 7.62 x 51? Or was that just too much...

Question-- I was saving this question for you personally if your ass ever decides to quit being a Fobbit and come grab a beer or some Q with Clob-- were you ever sent under the wire carrying a 7.62 x 51? Or was that just too much...
Me personally, no. Everything depended on mission and team needs.

Fobbit.....pfft, I'm working on being @StrangerHorn 's new mysterious neighbor in the near future. Finally sold my NC house and am putting finishing touches on our current house. Our appraisal tripled from last year (thanks californians) so it's high time to sell sell sell.

Last edited:
Reactions: StrangerHorn

Fobbit.....pfft, I'm working on being @StrangerHorn 's new mysterious neighbor in the near future. Finally sold my NC house and am putting finishing touches on our current house. Our appraisal tripled from last year (thanks californians) so it's high time to sell sell sell.
High appraisals only benefit in 2 circumstances: selling and buying in a lower cost area; or staying in house and, upon death, passing the house to the heirs who benefit from a stepped up basis.
Otherwise, higher property taxes are the result. All my neighbors are protesting their appraisals.

We'll welcome you Fresh! Cold Shiner and fishing and Summer sausage and cheese...and show ya where the fish are,,,

Alright noobie-- what did you not understand? I'll walk you through this.

You posted an Israeli made weapon called a Tavor. The Jews typically get alotta things right when it comes to Mossaad-- but the Tavor ain't one of them. It's a "bull pup" design rifle-- which means the bolt and the mag (don't call it a fvcking clip) are located at the REAR of the weapon. This makes a few things about it really sucky.
1. Good luck shooting lefty. When you've got to ckear corners, both left and right, you've got to be able to switch the weapon from shoulder to shoulder. One corner you're a righty, the next you're a lefty. Bullpup designs are hard use in ambidextrous fashion.
2. Trigger mechanism sucks. Since the trigger is further away from the bolt, there's extra parts or "linkages" involved when you pull the trigger. More moving parts = more chances for problems. And because there are more parts-- you get number 3 problems--
3. Dirt. Bad guys don't hang out in dirt free places. Bad guys live in mountain passes, deserts, swamps, jungles etc. Those places have dirt, grime, sand and mud. Get that stuff in your Tavor and it clogs up the works-- and then you're dead. Couple that with a crappy trigger pull which reduces accuracy over distance and I think you're starting to get my drift.
4. Reloading. If you're used to pressing the mag release button, slinging out your empty mag and quickly ramming home a fresh mag and hitting the bolt release-- thus getting you back in the fight quickly-- good luck with a Tavor-- or any bullpup design. A decent shooter could cycle through 5 mags on an AR platform before you could cycle through 3 on a bullpup.

Does this help you any?
Apparently, you ain't never been there. Did you just now read up on it? I can tell you ain't never handled one. C'mon expert.

Last edited:
High appraisals only benefit in 2 circumstances: selling and buying in a lower cost area; or staying in house and, upon death, passing the house to the heirs who benefit from a stepped up basis.
Otherwise, higher property taxes are the result. All my neighbors are protesting their appraisals.
I planned on disputing but my appraisal is still considerably less than the comps I had pulled up. Everything is selling like hotcakes for waaaaay more than it's worth right now and in my area it just isn't sustainable with all the fixed income folks out here.

We were planning on moving anyways but keep our little ranch. Now, we're thinking about looking to sell and gamble that this bubble will pop in the near future. In the mean time, we'll overpay for a rental and be ready to buy on the downslide. Predatory for sure but potentially smart too. We'll see.

I planned on disputing but my appraisal is still considerably less than the comps I had pulled up. Everything is selling like hotcakes for waaaaay more than it's worth right now and in my area it just isn't sustainable with all the fixed income folks out here.

We were planning on moving anyways but keep our little ranch. Now, we're thinking about looking to sell and gamble that this bubble will pop in the near future. In the mean time, we'll overpay for a rental and be ready to buy on the downslide. Predatory for sure but potentially smart too. We'll see.
Predatory is good.

Apparently, you ain't never been there. Did you just now read up on it?
I have no idea if he's ever been even though he is/was a world traveller to put it lightly. Not that it matters but he's got bullpup issue's pretty much nailed except for saying how dog ugly they are.

I have no idea if he's ever been even though he is/was a world traveller to put it lightly. Not that it matters but he's got bullpup issue's pretty much nailed except for saying how dog ugly they are.
Warriors praise that "bullpup", you gotta be a warrior though. Closed combat. Trained. Not an internet board warrior. Know what I'm sayin?

Apparently, you ain't never been there. Did you just now read up on it? I can tell you ain't never handled one. C'mon expert.
No, never been to Isreal. My experiences are limted to western and Eastern Africa, and a couple of places in the ME. But yes, I've fired 4 or 5 different bullpup style weapons, disliked them all-- and have had hours of conversations with men that do what Fresh used to do as well as "weapons sergeants" that nearly to a man agree, that the bullpup design is a hot mess.

Now, could this be that they've spent they're professional careers training with an M style weapon? Perhaps.

But ask yourself this--- the militaries that carry a bullpup-- the regular dudes-- Australia, Britain, France, Belgium etc-- the regular troops are issued bullpups-- but their SOF guys can carry whatever they want. And more and more you're seeing them using the M4/AR platform. SAS, SBS, GIGN, KSK, Mossad-- and it's because they want high speed, low drag. The US has the premier Tier 1 operators on the planet. It used to be the Brits-- but we surpassed them years ago-- using them as a model and then improving upon their model.

If your a bullpup fan, then go do you. But it's bedtime for me so enjoy your evening.

There's 12 acres and a house out in Zorn that's a pretty sweet deal right now. Looked at it yesterday. Email me.

There's 12 acres and a house out in Zorn that's a pretty sweet deal right now. Looked at it yesterday. Email me.
Wrong direction for us. Wifey wants to be at the coast so my only stipulation was that I'd have to be able to park my boat at the house without touching a trailer. So we're looking at canal homes on Padre Island and south copano bay. I'd like one of those newly built homes with a 300' pier but strange enough they jumped up more after harvey wiped them out.

Wrong direction for us. Wifey wants to be at the coast so my only stipulation was that I'd have to be able to park my boat at the house without touching a trailer. So we're looking at canal homes on Padre Island and south copano bay. I'd like one of those newly built homes with a 300' pier but strange enough they jumped up more after harvey wiped them out.
Got new ones here in Bluff Fresh..3 or 4 Bedrooms and double garage about 3 blocks off water and boat launch and I block from fire Station and EMS, this areas really grown these last few years, these homes look great offa Yorktown and down Yorktown from the Bluff is gonna be the new Delmar College, we got everything in Bluff, Walmart, Super HEB...etc Never have to leave Bluff to go to CC , just for Dr appts, ...and 3 Beer Joints , the small kind and Lotsa Vets from your war....and we have older Canal Homes with access to Laguna by boat from ya back porch...and of course CCNAS if ya want PX or Med...and CCad if ya wanna work on the Heli's

290 E Seahorse Dr, Palacios, TX 77465

Check out this place.

Reactions: EWNHorn
290 E Seahorse Dr, Palacios, TX 77465

Check out this place.
Pretty cool place, especially with the natural wood everywhere. If it was waterfront it would be ideal.
We're likely going to rent for a while so I can swap jobs and be close enough to drive by new listings as they pop up. Everything is under contract the moment they list right now so it's pointless for us to even look until we're willing to pull the trigger.
First things first, new employment will have to be hammered out. Havn't decided if I want to stick with oil & gas or try my hand at something completly new. Windmills anybody 🤔? Lots of decisions to be made for sure.

Got new ones here in Bluff Fresh..3 or 4 Bedrooms and double garage about 3 blocks off water and boat launch and I block from fire Station and EMS, this areas really grown these last few years, these homes look great offa Yorktown and down Yorktown from the Bluff is gonna be the new Delmar College, we got everything in Bluff, Walmart, Super HEB...etc Never have to leave Bluff to go to CC , just for Dr appts, ...and 3 Beer Joints , the small kind and Lotsa Vets from your war....and we have older Canal Homes with access to Laguna by boat from ya back porch...and of course CCNAS if ya want PX or Med...and CCad if ya wanna work on the Heli's
Yep, that's an area the wifey has looked at as well. Funny enough, as much as I've fished the laguna madre, I don't know much about the areas outside of jfk/park road 22. Always been gas & go.

Pretty cool place, especially with the natural wood everywhere. If it was waterfront it would be ideal.
We're likely going to rent for a while so I can swap jobs and be close enough to drive by new listings as they pop up. Everything is under contract the moment they list right now so it's pointless for us to even look until we're willing to pull the trigger.
First things first, new employment will have to be hammered out. Havn't decided if I want to stick with oil & gas or try my hand at something completly new. Windmills anybody 🤔? Lots of decisions to be made for sure.
Well whatever you decide, if you're looking in Corpus, let me know. My family still lives there and I've got life long relationships with pretty much all of the "who's who" that run the industry down there.

Fresh, speaking of canal homes, check out Bayou Vista, TX. It is a community just before Galveston. All of the houses are on canals there and are very nice. A good friend of mine lives there. Really cool place and very peaceful, unless there is a hurricane, lol.

Fresh, speaking of canal homes, check out Bayou Vista, TX. It is a community just before Galveston. All of the houses are on canals there and are very nice. A good friend of mine lives there. Really cool place and very peaceful, unless there is a hurricane, lol.
Will do. As far a hurricanes go, canal homes seem to fair a bit better than bayfront. At least in our minds they do.

ADVERTISEMENT