ADVERTISEMENT

I'm sick of Kevin Durant

Metcalf #2

Feb 23, 2011
I know, blasphemy right? Oh well, sue me. The dude is thin skinned and acts like a sensitive, spoiled child. From his pouting during Peyton Manning's ESPYs monologue, to now cursing at fans for calling him what he is, a cupcake. Dude needs to grow some skin and a sense of humor.

I know, blasphemy right? Oh well, sue me. The dude is thin skinned and acts like a sensitive, spoiled child. From his pouting during Peyton Manning's ESPYs monologue, to now cursing at fans for calling him what he is, a cupcake. Dude needs to grow some skin and a sense of humor.
Don't fret Metcalf, you speak the Truth! The dude has always been that way, little biatch.

That’s your scared little QB who avoids all contact as well as postgame handshakes.
I'd slide too if I had 4.5 million in the bank waiting on me. I'll take scared if that's what you want to call it when it produces 4000 yards of offense and 44 TDs in 11 games.

Durant has allowed himself to be entangled in the drama and this is what he has to show for it. It happened to Jordan once as well. Around 1991 when the dream team was being put together MJ did NOT want Isiah Thomas on the team. Period. Said he wouldn't play if Thomas was there. There was chirping, thin skin and drama. There was just no social media to fan the flames and blow it out of proportion.

KD is arguably the best player in the nba but he needs to put the twitter down for a bit and step away from the drama and regain some perspective. You can't live that life 24/7 without losing perspective from time to time.

And KD steps in it again. Playing with Lebron is "Toxic"? How the hell would he know? He hasn't played on an NBA Team with Lebron. He needs to look in the mirror...…….

Dewey, I wonder if you'd say that about him had he not spurned your state? Sour grapes?

Dewey, I wonder if you'd say that about him had he not spurned your state? Sour grapes?
Nope, I'm from Oklahoma, but not a Thunder Fan (never have been, can't stand Westbrook). I wasn't in Oklahoma when the Franchise moved there (have lived in Allen since 2001) so I have zero allegiance to them.

Reactions: Scholz
And KD steps in it again. Playing with Lebron is "Toxic"? How the hell would he know? He hasn't played on an NBA Team with Lebron. He needs to look in the mirror...…….
KD and LBJ are both too sensitive. Having your ass kissed from your teen years is not good for your growth as an adult. KD is the most sensitive super star I have ever seen. I don't think he is stupid, just jealous of LBJ. KD would be considered a Mount Rushmore player if not for LBJ, so I kinda get it. He is also jealous of Steph, which I don't get, as KD is better than Steph. I think GSW struggles while Steph was out hurt KD's feelings a little bit. He probably needs to move on and have his own team.

Reactions: Deweygolfer
Ehhhh Scholz I've got to say..... I'm seeing it to. You don't just say stuff like this unless it's coming from somewhere deep inside you. He's played with LeBron in the Olympics. He sees how coaches, GM's, hell the entire franchise and city, will bend to the will of LeBron. The media covers for him almost as much as they did for Jordan.

Let me give you an example---- the foundation that LeBron started just built this awesome inner city school. Millions and millions of dollars were spent on this school. Oprah was there... all the big names at its grand opening. The media swooned and fell all over themselves fawning over LeBron. It was only if you did your own research that you discovered this little fact:

The LeBron foundation built the school. LeBron himself put 0 dollars of his own money in it. None. Now, he helped RAISE all that money.... but being LeBron, I'm pretty sure it was easy to do. But LeBron didn't give one red cent of his own money. Yet, the media swooned about it.

Don't kid yourself. LeBron is all about LeBron.

Reactions: Drtxhorn and Scholz
Agreed. I was referring to his comments on KD though.
Yes...... and KD is looking around and sees LeBron getting whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and sees the obvious media bias that protects lebron... and KD is jealous that he's not getting the same treatment. Like I said, KD needs to put down the social media and gain some perspective.... he's slowly losing his.

I don't get the hate for KD and LeBron because they left OKC and Cleveland respectfully. I get why people might dislike them for other reasons, but not just for leaving those cities. I'm not a big fan of LeBron for several reasons, but I have no issue for him leaving Cleveland or Miami. Sports is a business and neither the player or franchise owes the other any loyalty. Its the nature of the business.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn

He is thin skinned. Very good offensive player but could not win with a very good team in OKC. LeBron took teams with a fraction of the OKC talent and won. I wasn't the biggest LeBron fan but he had the guts to blaze his on trail, granted often at the expense, like Koby, of his teammates but Kevin is not (when LeBron was in his prime) as good as LeBron and he certainly does not elevate the players around him like LeBron did. Kevin had to go to Golden State to win. I have a lot more respect for LeBron than kevin...

@LonghornMM the people that bang on lebron for leaving cleveland (other than cleveland fans) was because of the manner in which he did it. The whole tv special.... the "I'm taking my talents to miami" thing. If he'd have just kept his mouth closed and moved to Miami, no big deal. But when you stand up there and say "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5" about how many rings you're going to win..... and then you fail to deliver anything close to that.... with an all-star team... then you get your butt handed to you TWICE by the poor little old spurs....

Lebron has done a great job of crafting his image. He's had the swooning media to help that.

Take the WHOLE quote and give it context that it deserves

"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people. He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points. So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic. Especially when the attention is bulls-t attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."

Take the WHOLE quote and give it context that it deserves

"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people. He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points. So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic. Especially when the attention is bulls-t attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."
Ah, so he is jealous too, got it

Ah, so he is jealous too, got it
Who wouldn't be a little green with envy when a guy can lose a game and the media blames his teammates.. and when he wins a game, it's all because of his talent?

Look man..... there are media darlings in every generation. Micky mantle got away with MURDER. Ali had the press wrapped around his little finger. Magic, michael.... and now lebron. Nerdy little reporters that go home every night and flog their bishop because they got to interview lebron. They brag to their friends... hell, they even get laid because of it. They aren't wtiring anything negative about him because...... what if he reads it and locks me out? That's the "fan boys" that KD refers too. And make no mistake, there are fan boys in all branches of the media. And KD doesn't like it because....... he doesn't have carte Blanche.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
@LonghornMM the people that bang on lebron for leaving cleveland (other than cleveland fans) was because of the manner in which he did it. The whole tv special.... the "I'm taking my talents to miami" thing. If he'd have just kept his mouth closed and moved to Miami, no big deal. But when you stand up there and say "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5" about how many rings you're going to win..... and then you fail to deliver anything close to that.... with an all-star team... then you get your butt handed to you TWICE by the poor little old spurs....

Lebron has done a great job of crafting his image. He's had the swooning media to help that.

Meh, fans need to get over it when a player leaves via free agency, regardless of how they go about it. Like I said previously, its part of the business in today's sports environment. Now to dislike LeBron or KD for other reasons? Absolutely. But not just because they left a "fans" city for greener pastures. Its a business. Period.

I'm with KD on this. Lebron is absolutely drooled over and fawned over by media from all over the world. From KD's view, he's the best player in the league - not Lebron. I agree with him. Right now, KD is the best player in the NBA and the world. Lebron racks up stats because he pretty much has full authority over the coaching staff and front office on the style of play that his team will run. Lebron has his posse and homies hanging around the franchise, at every practice, traveling on the team plane, etc. KD has none of those privileges and has never demanded such nonsense. He's always played the team's style of play and has used his skills and strengths to best fit. He can adapt to any playing style. Like KD, I'm sick of the media fawning over Lebron and trying to make him some kind of icon for the ages and a social justice legend that we must adore with total reverence. The fact of the matter is that Lebron is smart enough to surround himself with the right money people and businessmen but he's extremely ignorant about social issues and just parrots the usual liberal media talking points about whitey being the devil and the source of misery for our country. Basically, Lebron is a moron and it irritates the crap out of me and KD.

I'm with KD on this. Lebron is absolutely drooled over and fawned over by media from all over the world. From KD's view, he's the best player in the league - not Lebron. I agree with him. Right now, KD is the best player in the NBA and the world. Lebron racks up stats because he pretty much has full authority over the coaching staff and front office on the style of play that his team will run. Lebron has his posse and homies hanging around the franchise, at every practice, traveling on the team plane, etc. KD has none of those privileges and has never demanded such nonsense. He's always played the team's style of play and has used his skills and strengths to best fit. He can adapt to any playing style. Like KD, I'm sick of the media fawning over Lebron and trying to make him some kind of icon for the ages and a social justice legend that we must adore with total reverence. The fact of the matter is that Lebron is smart enough to surround himself with the right money people and businessmen but he's extremely ignorant about social issues and just parrots the usual liberal media talking points about whitey being the devil and the source of misery for our country. Basically, Lebron is a moron and it irritates the crap out of me and KD.

Very well said about LeBron. One thing that you left out is the ridiculous preferential treatment he gets from the refs, and if he doesn't get a call for him, or if a call goes against him, he whines like a two-year old that didn't get enough presents at Christmas. So tired of his act and the media continually licking his arse.

He’s smart enough to fleece some rubes in a crappy place for a fortune and then get out ASAP.

None of these guys have any perspective and I'm not sure it's possible for them too. They live completely different lives from the rest of us. It's not like they make a little more. It's 100s to 1000s x more. How can you have perspective when you make that kind of cash just playing a game? So you get these warped sense of expectations that aren't grounded in reality. So many come from very humble backgrounds, but it doesn't take long to forget where you came from. I've lived on next to nothing and I live pretty comfortably now and I know once you make enough for basic needs salary has very little to do with your happiness quotient. Number one factor is gratitude and it's hard to have that when you are given so much so early in live.

I seriously doubt that Durant gives a shit about anything you have said in this thread or what Fans think, like MM said "Its nothing personal just good Business"!

Hook'em

Lmao. Durant obviously cared or he wouldn't have got into a pissin contest with the fan. Durants just soft. He ain't no alpha dog.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT