ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting article on Ed Ogeron

The writer of the article should have just left it with the rape and violence issues, she got out on a tangent about covid 19 and how Ogre was downplaying it or whatever, she totally lost me on that part.

Reactions: FrankS1985
The writer of the article should have just left it with the rape and violence issues, she got out on a tangent about covid 19 and how Ogre was downplaying it or whatever, she totally lost me on that part.

The person who wrote the article was male not female. There are a myriad of reasons in this article why EO is certain to be fired covid19 being among them.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
He caught lightning in a bottle last year. The LSU team this year is proving that last year was just a fluke. Coach OU’s seat will soon be hot.
I think a lot of us have been saying that including LSU fan BEFORE last year. He’s been passed on and fired multiple times. Seems to ride coattails of the head coach and is there to “pick up the pieces” when that head coach is fired. Happened both at USC and LSU, not sure about Ole Miss. if I’m a head coach I’d pass on having him under me, he’s probably as two faced as they come.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Idk what kind of coach he will ultimately be at LSU, but the team you see on the field right now wasn’t the intended team. Obviously they lost a ton of talent off of last years team, but they still had 3-4 first round picks back this season... they opted out(probably a good call ). There aren’t too many programs that would reload quite that much.

That said though schools handling of these allegations. Not great.

This is all you need to know about this article and the guy that wrote it.

“While I cannot comment on the investigation, what I can say is that we must work collectively to embrace our differences. We have to listen, learn and come together to combat social injustice and racism if we are to create a safer and more equitable society for all people.”

- Ed Orgeron

"Orgeron doesn’t understand that it isn’t Black people’s responsibility to fix social injustices and racism, given that we didn’t create these issues and have been on the receiving end of them for more than 400 years in this country."

- Carron J Phillips

“While I cannot comment on the investigation, what I can say is that we must work collectively to embrace our differences. We have to listen, learn and come together to combat social injustice and racism if we are to create a safer and more equitable society for all people.”

- Ed Orgeron

"Orgeron doesn’t understand that it isn’t Black people’s responsibility to fix social injustices and racism, given that we didn’t create these issues and have been on the receiving end of them for more than 400 years in this country."

- Carron J Phillips
Yeah that’s just pretty ignorant from Orgeron. I don’t really understand why we make not being racist so difficult

- Ed Orgeron

- Carron J Phillips
The author knew what his conclusion was before he wrote the article. I have no skins in the game with respect to LSU, but it’s an obvious hit piece.
Just look at the author’s signature line. He’s not an unbiased journalist.

Before this gets locked, I am going to make this point.

Victims of racism have to be part of the solution to racism. To suggest otherwise is idiotic.

That is the equivalent of saying, "Racism is bad. You racists better find a solution, and we aren't going to help because you're the ones doing it."

- Ed Orgeron

- Carron J Phillips
I would say it is the responsibility of Black people, particularly Black fathers, to take care of their children, which a substantial number of fathers do not do. If fatherless homes are taken out of the equation, there is not that much difference in the economic outcomes of Black people and white people.

I would say it is the responsibility of Black people, particularly Black fathers, to take care of their children, which a substantial number of fathers do not do. If fatherless homes are taken out of the equation, there is not that much difference in the economic outcomes of Black people and white people.
It’s a known fact that over 70% of blacks grow up in a single parent household. Or they grow up without either one of their parents. That is just a sad statistic all the way around. Guidance is the biggest issue in the black community.

ADVERTISEMENT