ADVERTISEMENT

is 7-5 good enough for Sark's job?

curveball1

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2016
Houston
I think so, curious as to what the board says. I actually think an 8.5 betting line is even money. What say you OB???

Of course. You don’t fire a coach after year 2. Unless you just don’t want anybody worth a damn interested in the job.
You've got to hang onto Sark. If Lane Kiffen can survive in the cfb ranks, surely Sark can. If he get's his drink under control. Remember, we hired Schnellenberger who was travellin down the whisky highway him along with his wife. Didn't work out. 😉

You've got to hang onto Sark. If Lane Kiffen can survive in the cfb ranks, surely Sark can. If he get's his drink under control. Remember, we hired Schnellenberger who was travellin down the whisky highway him along with his wife. Didn't work out. 😉
He has been sober now for a few years. That was a different man then. He is married and lives a very respectable life now, but thanks for bringing that back up.:rolleyes:

He has been sober now for a few years. That was a different man then. He is married and lives a very respectable life now, but thanks for bringing that back up.:rolleyes:
I'm right there with you brother, I believe in second chances. Sark is a very smart football mind imo. Hang on to him, you'll be pleasantly surprised. We're both gonna make splash in the sec. 👍

Last edited:
We had a top 20 offense last year. If we play ANY defense at all we win 3 more games.
If your offense could duplicate what they did in the 1st half of games last year no telling what your record could have been. Maybe it's just me but Thompson seemed to take on a whole different persona in the 2nd half of games, seemed to lose all composure imo

If your offense could duplicate what they did in the 1st half of games last year no telling what your record could have been. Maybe it's just me but Thompson seemed to take on a whole different persona in the 2nd half of games, seemed to lose all composure imo
It wasn't a Thompson thing. It was a defensive thing and an OL thing. Last I checked, opposing defenses are allowed to adjust. At that point with our bad OL, taking the run away and making Texas one dimensional isn't too tough of a coaching adjustment.

We had a toptwenty offense last year with the worst o line in history. Let that sink in for a min. Add in sorry QB play and you have to be amazed.
Sark is a genius

I think you have to give Sark a minimum of 4 years. Nobody is going to come in and change the culture of this program in 1-2 years. I think he did a good job of weeding out some of the guys who didn't want to be here this offseason. If we just field an average defense this year our offense should score enough points to win us 8-9 games.

The reason our football program sucks is no stability. You have to back Sark 100% and see what happens. If you are sitting on tons of cash and want to get involved in our football program, go bring in some stud defensive guys with NIL money.

Thompson or Sark?

Cuz Thompson wasn't calling the plays

But any improvement on 5-7 saves Sark's job.

Which lets be honest both Sark and UT give zero ****s about lol
X 100,00 people per year and they will care. There are plenty of examples of teams losing their fanbase over poor performance over time. I know plenty of Texas Alumni that don't give a sh!t about Texas football because the team and admin suck. You are clueless dude.

X 100,00 people per year and they will care. There are plenty of examples of teams losing their fanbase over poor performance over time. I know plenty of Texas Alumni that don't give a sh!t about Texas football because the team and admin suck. You are clueless dude.
Nah. Let’s be honest if you and others haven’t left yet after the last decade and a half you aren’t leaving after a 7-5 2022.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Nah. Let’s be honest if you and others haven’t left yet after the last decade and a half you aren’t leaving after a 7-5 2022.
Well, I quit watching or listening to Texas baseball. I don't pay any attention to any pro teams. I used to. I don't pay for cable TV to watch Texas or any sports, etc... I would say that I'm a 1-2 or 3-3 start away from checking scores on Sunday morning.

Well, I quit watching or listening to Texas baseball. I don't pay any attention to any pro teams. I used to. I don't pay for cable TV to watch Texas or any sports, etc... I would say that I'm a 1-2 or 3-3 start away from checking scores on Sunday morning.
Well good news for you then Texas will almost assuredly start 2-1 at least, so you won’t have that problem.

Here is the reality. Sark brought in what amounts to the #1 recruiting class in 2022(I consider Quinn to be a member of the 2022 class). Hes the front runner for the best player(and probably the best class) in the 2023 class. Should probably give Sark a chance to actually coach these guys before we even think about firing him.

Reactions: freeper
Why bother with any of it then. You should just root for whichever team is doing good and call it a day.

Then why even bother with it at all? The fun part of being a fan is enduring the ups and downs. Being a fair weather fan just doesn't seem like fun to me.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
He will get 2023 but his seat might start to get a little warm. The bigger problem is recruiting might be dead.

He will get 2023 but his seat might start to get a little warm. The bigger problem is recruiting might be dead.
Nah. If he gets Arch Manning(and it’s sounding like he might) the 2023 class is going to be one of the best in the country. Almost regardless of recored.

I really don’t think it’s an issue though I see 8-4 maybe 9-3 next year. Our defense isn’t going to be good, but we should probably outscore most teams on our schedule

Nah. If he gets Arch Manning(and it’s sounding like he might) the 2023 class is going to be one of the best in the country. Almost regardless of recored.

I really don’t think it’s an issue though I see 8-4 maybe 9-3 next year. Our defense isn’t going to be good, but we should probably outscore most teams on our schedule
I doubt Arch comes if we stink it up on the field again this year. He'll know Sarks days are numbered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT