ADVERTISEMENT

Jamaal Charles cost Longhorns a 4* RB

What CAHorn said.

Remember when D'Vonta Lampkin was committed to OU?

Remember when A'Shawn Robinson was committed to UT?

Or about P.J. Locke four days before signing day tweeting how excited he was to be joining his Oregon brothers?

Anyone that has followed Texas recruiting knows the story on this, and Jamaal Charles didn't cost the Longhorns Martin. Martin was ready to commit to a Texas offer months ago, but it never came, and then Texas offered others for 2016. He was a guy that had a lot of early hype and a ton of early offers, but this staff didn't offer until recently and he felt wronged by that.

I don't fault the staff as they are allowed to have reservations about a player, especially one so early in the process. It's just a situation were early recruiting goes bad. Martin wanted to commit early to Texas, but was never given the chance, and then committed to Baylor. He specifically said in a recent update that he would be a Longhorn right now had they offered back then.

He could still make his own legacy at Texas just like other RB's in the past. I think it's more of the worry of not living up to his cousin's legacy. That should just make you want to work harder. Still a long while to 2016 like the others say. Maybe he has a change of heart.
This post was edited on 2/26 8:26 AM by LongfellowDrew

He sure did a lot of whining about having to wait SOOOOO LONG for a UT offer. Where's the logic in that?

Originally posted by Scholz:
He sure did a lot of whining about having to wait SOOOOO LONG for a UT offer. Where's the logic in that?
It is what it is. I don't really put blame on either party, I just think of it as a situation that wasn't meant to be. I can't blame coaches for not offering a player based on sophomore film. It's not like he's a once in a decade talent. Nor am I going to blame a kid for committing to a school that made him a priority in recruiting. It's not like Baylor is a crazy choice for a player with his skillset. He's not a priority for UT or at least he hasn't been, and he isn't acting like a fool bad mouthing the coaches, or at least I am not aware of that.

The only thing I would question is why he felt the need to commit so early, but in reality that's recruiting these days and it's nothing new.

Mad props to Kam if he sticks to his commitment! The term seems to be lost among recruits these days. With that being said, a lot can happen between now and February 4th!

ADVERTISEMENT