ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Bezos is going into outer space tomorrow

Unless he goes into orbit it doesn't count.
Agreed.

Unless you achieve actual earth orbit you're doing nothing that Chuck Yeager didn't do 70 years ago in the X-1.

Now, don't get me wrong-- Chuck Yeager was a freaking bad ass. Arguably should have been selected by NASA to be an astronaut. But because he was a bit of an ass hole-- he got passed over (that college degree crap was just NASA's way of looking professional).

Yeager is arguably the best stick and rudder man of all time. He flew damn near every air craft the AF ever made including the SR71 blackbird. And yes, he also flew the U2-- Yeager was a fvcking beast.

Agreed.

Unless you achieve actual earth orbit you're doing nothing that Chuck Yeager didn't do 70 years ago in the X-1.

Now, don't get me wrong-- Chuck Yeager was a freaking bad ass. Arguably should have been selected by NASA to be an astronaut. But because he was a bit of an ass hole-- he got passed over (that college degree crap was just NASA's way of looking professional).

Yeager is arguably the best stick and rudder man of all time. He flew damn near every air craft the AF ever made including the SR71 blackbird. And yes, he also flew the U2-- Yeager was a fvcking beast.
He had big balls that's for sure. He recently died he had retired to Grass Valley a real pretty town in the Sierra's about an hour east from Sacramento. He was well known and was a hell of a nice guy took the time for anyone who wanted to say hi or shake his hand.

Reactions: MATF
How can I put it in as few words as possible. He's a 21st century robber baron.
A robber baron is a guy like Joe Biden, who uses government power to enrich himself and his family. The Fords, the Rockefellers, and, yes, Jeff Bezos, got rich by providing goods and/or services of superior price or quality to the world. Standard Oil saved the whales by providing kerosene at a price that made whale oil uncompetitive. Every year of the trust, kerosene became cheaper, as the company became ever more efficient. Ford made cars affordable. At the time of the Model T, Mercedes thought there would never be a market for more than 100,000 automobiles. Because there would never be more than 100,000 chauffers to drive and fix them. Amazon has revolutionized retailing, even more so than WalMart. I would suggest that you read David Horowitz's books on the Fords or the Rockefellers.

Bezos may not be as firm a believer in the concept of equity as his rag, the WaPo, would have you believe.

TV stations showed the mission control center aerospace engineers and other technicians and there's only one POC out of about 15 people that I saw. Based on other commercials that are showed throughout the day, I would assume that the US population is at least 50% POC. That translates to about 7-8 aerospace engineers that should be manning mission control.

Could it be that, when his own life is on the line, Bezos believes in meritocracy?

A robber baron is a guy like Joe Biden, who uses government power to enrich himself and his family. The Fords, the Rockefellers, and, yes, Jeff Bezos, got rich by providing goods and/or services of superior price or quality to the world. Standard Oil saved the whales by providing kerosene at a price that made whale oil uncompetitive. Every year of the trust, kerosene became cheaper, as the company became ever more efficient. Ford made cars affordable. At the time of the Model T, Mercedes thought there would never be a market for more than 100,000 automobiles. Because there would never be more than 100,000 chauffers to drive and fix them. Amazon has revolutionized retailing, even more so than WalMart. I would suggest that you read David Horowitz's books on the Fords or the Rockefellers.
Good post. Most folks don’t know the origins of Standard Oil was for kerosene

Reactions: horn4life11
Bezos may not be as firm a believer in the concept of equity as his rag, the WaPo, would have you believe.

TV stations showed the mission control center aerospace engineers and other technicians and there's only one POC out of about 15 people that I saw. Based on other commercials that are showed throughout the day, I would assume that the US population is at least 50% POC. That translates to about 7-8 aerospace engineers that should be manning mission control.

Could it be that, when his own life is on the line, Bezos believes in meritocracy?
Read Douglas Murrray's THE MADNESS OF CROWDS. Google, the great "woke" company employs 35% Asians (5% of the population) and 5% blacks (13% of the population).

How about Oliver Daemon’s dad forking out $28 mil. for his son to take a 10 minute ride this morning. Hell my dad acted like giving me $10 as a kid was like me asking for $28 mil back in the day.

Reactions: westx
Alan Shepard was the first American in space in a sub-orbital flight. It counted!

That they get paid higher than what people want to raise minimum wage to? Or that he gives them stock options? Or that they have a program that will pay for people to get their college degree?

Which of those would you say is closest to Rockefeller?
He did nothing of the sort. They were not paid anywhere near what they deserved. I mean have any of you guys even read how the Amazon warehouse workers are treated? Have you even bothered to learn what working directly with Jeff Bezos is like according to the people who did? Dyk about the ruthless means he used to keep those workers in AL from unionanizing? Dyk that in 2018 he paid $0 in income taxes?

And you know I watched Neil Armstrong and take the first steps on the moon on tv. There was a time when astronaut's were true American heroes think of the movie the The Right Stuff. Oh and put Chuck Yaeger on that list as well. And now people like Bezos, Branson, and Elon Musk, who btw is worse than the other 2, get praise from people like the NYT who don't deserve it. And I knew that Bezos would make it back in 1 piece.

He did nothing of the sort. They were not paid anywhere near what they deserved. I mean have any of you guys even read how the Amazon warehouse workers are treated? Have you even bothered to learn what working directly with Jeff Bezos is like according to the people who did? Dyk about the ruthless means he used to keep those workers in AL from unionanizing? Dyk that in 2018 he paid $0 in income taxes?

And you know I watched Neil Armstrong and take the first steps on the moon on tv. There was a time when astronaut's were true American heroes think of the movie the The Right Stuff. Oh and put Chuck Yaeger on that list as well. And now people like Bezos, Branson, and Elon Musk, who btw is worse than the other 2, get praise from people like the NYT who don't deserve it. And I knew that Bezos would make it back in 1 piece.
Unlike Bezos and Branson, Elon Musk made his money on government subsidies. I'm waiting for a judgement on Fearless leader Biden, the most corrupt politician in the last 100+ years.

Well at least now your dim elected(?) officials have made it so the mistreated Amazon workers can vacation at home on my dime.

You posed a number of questions in the first paragraph but no answers. It may help to understand your thinking if you answer your own questions. How are Amazon workers treated according to you and what were these so-called ruthless methods?

You posed a number of questions in the first paragraph but no answers. It may help to understand your thinking if you answer your own questions. How are Amazon workers treated according to you and what were these so-called ruthless methods?
Why don't you look it up yourself? But I also know that you won't. And other posters on here will do the same. And Im not going to type 30 paragraphs.

If it was so bad why would they work there? Sounds like he was focused on what was best for his company like many other successful CEOs. I don't like the guy either but he should be able to run his business however he wants.

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
If it was so bad why would they work there? Sounds like he was focused on what was best for his company like many other successful CEOs. I don't like the guy either but he should be able to run his business however he wants.
No he is focused on what is best for him.

Since we’re playing the did you know thing..did you know that Amazon employs nearly 1.5M people worldwide? He has basically created his own GDP. And the treatment you’re whining about is likely made up of only a fractional percent of those 1.5M employees. The mass majority probably enjoy their jobs, keep their head down and work hard every day. The small few need to go find work elsewhere and quit spoiling life for everyone else. He might be a big bag of d^cks but dude is putting a hell of a lot of food on the table for millions of good hard working folks.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Since we’re playing the did you know thing..did you know that Amazon employs nearly 1.5M people worldwide? He has basically created his own GDP. And the treatment you’re whining about is likely made up of only a fractional percent of those 1.5M employees. The mass majority probably enjoy their jobs, keep their head down and work hard every day. The small few need to go find work elsewhere and quit spoiling life for everyone else. He might be a big bag of d^cks but dude is putting a hell of a lot of food on the table for millions of good hard working folks.
And you can thank your champion AOC for shutting down 20,000 new jobs from Amazon in NY, where they badly needed it. We were happy to take it here in Texas instead.

They don’t get paid what they’re worth? What the hell defines that measure? Your worth is what you’re willing to accept, not what you think you deserve. Don’t like it then don’t take the job or go sell yourself into something better and more enriching.

I’m just at a loss how libs think like you do.

I don't think you know jackshit about what your posting Cali. I looked at the benefits folder my wife brought home. She started over $16/hr...this was 3 years ago. The benefits for full time were incredible. Way better than the shit they try to call "benefits" in the teaching profession, lol. We still have the stock she earned. And she was seriously considering staying to finish out her college. Has a much better job now.

So yeah, all of that he sure a shit did do.

I don't give a damn about unions...not one bit. The best union is to leave and work somewhere else.

I'm not championing Bezos as a hero. I'm calling out your ridiculous comparison and total lack of understanding of the term "robber baron."

In short, you can take your "did you even bother..." bullshit and eat it. I have immediate experience in my family about what was offered and what wasn't. Yeah, you're boxing shit for 10 hours in a warehouse. It is menial and tedious work that pays a lot for something that an 8 year old could do.

Income tax...lol. I don't give a shit about that either. Also why amending the constitution just for the hell of it is a terrible idea. You know why our government is so big now? Our government has collected (once illegally) income taxes to pay for constant war. Every income tax increase was for the purpose of war. So I don't want to hear peoples shit about Bezos didn't give the government more war funds.

I don't necessarily like billionaires. I don't like when athletes whine about only getting paid $15M a year either. But the regurgitation of information that comes out about Amazon is quite something.

People bitch about being teachers and teacher pay too. Still waiting on Dr. Jill to do something about it...

Why don't you look it up yourself? But I also know that you won't. And other posters on here will do the same. And Im not going to type 30 paragraphs.
The beauty of our capitalistic society is that employees are “at will” free agents. If their feelings are hurt, they can take their talents to another employer. They are only bound to Amazon because of the possibility of enriching themselves and their families through stock options. First world problems.
Bezos, as former CEO and Chairman, had a duty to his stockholders to create value - he’s running a company to maximize profits. Whether he’s a douche or not (and I don’t really care if he is or not) doesn’t matter one iota to stockholders.
He ran a publicly-traded corporation, not the Peace Corp, Habitat for Humanity, or Match of Dimes.

Reactions: weevilcatch
ADVERTISEMENT