ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Bezos is going into outer space tomorrow

Look-- this is nothing more than a few billionaires having a dick measuring contest. It's all ego driven. We went to the freaking moon 52 years ago today. Now think about this-- we didn't have microprocessors back then. We didn't have digital technology. The cell phone you're reading this on has 100,000 times more processing power than the entire NASA computer system had. And with all these technological advances, we've only made it 66 miles above the earth in 52 years.

Bezos, Branson, Musk-- none of them are doing this for the greater good if mankind. It's all ego driven.

Look-- this is nothing more than a few billionaires having a dick measuring contest. It's all ego driven. We went to the freaking moon 52 years ago today. Now think about this-- we didn't have microprocessors back then. We didn't have digital technology. The cell phone you're reading this on has 100,000 times more processing power than the entire NASA computer system had. And with all these technological advances, we've only made it 66 miles above the earth in 52 years.

Bezos, Branson, Musk-- none of them are doing this for the greater good if mankind. It's all ego driven.
And as I said above 52 years ago Aldrin, Armstrong, and Collins were on the moon and they were heroes. Americans revered astronauts.

[/https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/558352-elon-musk-explains-his-extremely-low-tax-rate

I would have to disagree regarding Elon. Unlike the other two, he doesn’t own any real property except for his home at Starbase, TX. ($50k) He recently decided to sell the San Fran res. He’s not an investor in any other company other than the ones he owns. He’s a engineer and spends 90% of his time designing Starship. I’m not exactly sure what anyone has against the guy. Every endeavor he’s ventured into either makes your life easier (PayPal, Starlink), designed to save you money (Tesla, Tesla Solar), or give you something to get excited about the future (SpaceX). Sure, we can argue the current price of energy production but in the long term, the sun is free energy.

I know I sound like a Musk fan boy and I may be. I don’t have a personal stake in oil, solar, or EV’s. All I’m saying is based on his lifestyle, what he does with his time, where he spends it….I wouldn’t necessarily put him in the same category as Branson and Bezos as an egotistical flamboyant billionaire. Not even close.

I stand tied to the post, ready for the firing squad. 😂

He did nothing of the sort. They were not paid anywhere near what they deserved. I mean have any of you guys even read how the Amazon warehouse workers are treated? Have you even bothered to learn what working directly with Jeff Bezos is like according to the people who did? Dyk about the ruthless means he used to keep those workers in AL from unionanizing? Dyk that in 2018 he paid $0 in income taxes?

And you know I watched Neil Armstrong and take the first steps on the moon on tv. There was a time when astronaut's were true American heroes think of the movie the The Right Stuff. Oh and put Chuck Yaeger on that list as well. And now people like Bezos, Branson, and Elon Musk, who btw is worse than the other 2, get praise from people like the NYT who don't deserve it. And I knew that Bezos would make it back in 1 piece.
Before fiat currency and excessive debt, this phenomenon was rare. Now we have people in every industry massing monopolistic power. I am for free enterprise but am against the banks picking winners and losers through loan terms and agreements. It is very difficult to take a company from a small business to a medium sized company without inside help.

I don't think you know jackshit about what your posting Cali. I looked at the benefits folder my wife brought home. She started over $16/hr...this was 3 years ago. The benefits for full time were incredible. Way better than the shit they try to call "benefits" in the teaching profession, lol. We still have the stock she earned. And she was seriously considering staying to finish out her college. Has a much better job now.

So yeah, all of that he sure a shit did do.

I don't give a damn about unions...not one bit. The best union is to leave and work somewhere else.

I'm not championing Bezos as a hero. I'm calling out your ridiculous comparison and total lack of understanding of the term "robber baron."

In short, you can take your "did you even bother..." bullshit and eat it. I have immediate experience in my family about what was offered and what wasn't. Yeah, you're boxing shit for 10 hours in a warehouse. It is menial and tedious work that pays a lot for something that an 8 year old could do.

Income tax...lol. I don't give a shit about that either. Also why amending the constitution just for the hell of it is a terrible idea. You know why our government is so big now? Our government has collected (once illegally) income taxes to pay for constant war. Every income tax increase was for the purpose of war. So I don't want to hear peoples shit about Bezos didn't give the government more war funds.

I don't necessarily like billionaires. I don't like when athletes whine about only getting paid $15M a year either. But the regurgitation of information that comes out about Amazon is quite something.

People bitch about being teachers and teacher pay too. Still waiting on Dr. Jill to do something about it...
You can insult me all you want but Jeff Bezos is a horrible human being. And people who's opinions I respect that understand better than you about the workings of Jeff Bezos know what he is.

Electric vehicles, or as I like to call them, virtue signal sleighs, are worse for this country than fossil fuels.

Why?

To make batteries for these cars you need rare earth elements. Not plentiful earth elements like oil and gas--- rare elements.

These rare elements are lithium, manganese, graphite and cobalt.

So, instead of needing to dig into the ground in the middle east for oil, let's look and see what garden spots have the most of these elements in their ground.

Lithium--- oh look-- Chile. Home of Augosto Pinoche. Nice guy. Humanitarian..... Chile is a 3rd world country. Good luck getting all that lithium. And China-- ya.... China has lots of lithium. Want to be beholden to China?

Manganese--- well lookie here, China again.... hmm. 2nd place is south africa-- a little garden spot that's now taking farms away from white farmers and giving it to natives. Have fun there.

Cobalt-- surely we can get cobalt from somewhere right? Democratic republic of Congo. So instead of fighting wars in a desert where you can see your opponent coming for miles, we'll be trading that out for jungle wars. And we did a bang up job in the last jungle war we were involved in.

Graphite-- Turkey.......... ya. THAT Turkey. They just love us in Turkey, don't they? And 2nd place is China again.

Electric cars are a sham. We will become dependant on other nations to fuel our transportation industry--- and that's just fvcking stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT