ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Klatt nailed it

And there’s this Herman nugget from 2016, "But I also told them that the definition of insanity is repeatedly performing the same act and expecting different results.”

Reactions: 071191mhW
Nope. That’s why I will always stand by that Herman is worse that Strong. It was laid out perfectly for Texas this year. And we should be 1-3 right now.

Ryan, get over Strong. Strong was horribad but so is Herman. This is on the pos administration that resides in Austin. They are the same trash that allows thousands of homeless to roam Austin and ruin the city. Stupid mother ****ers, every last one.

Ryan, get over Strong. Strong was horribad but so is Herman. This is on the pos administration that resides in Austin. They are the same trash that allows thousands of homeless to roam Austin and ruin the city. Stupid mother ****ers, every last one.
You completely missed the point. Nice job and I’m not sure what any of that dribble has to do with Texas football

Last edited:
I try to stay out of political debates and stuff but I keep seeing this written on the board by some and it’s fine to clear it up.
Austin being liberal has absolutely nothing to do with Texas football being bad. The college presidents political affiliation has nothing to do with Texas football being bad. The reason Texas football has been bad is we have made bad coaching hires and we’ve lacked leadership in the athletic department until very recently. It’s that simple. Has nothing to do with liberal, conservative, or weather the eyes of Texas are played or not. The fact of the matter is a lot of college cities and towns in this country lean left. Has nothing to do with politics. At least not left or right politics.

Nope. That’s why I will always stand by that Herman is worse that Strong. It was laid out perfectly for Texas this year. And we should be 1-3 right now.
If that makes you feel better. Herman is not meeting the expectation here, but is way better than strong. The records speak for themselves. That’s all that matters. Btw, strong couldn’t even hack it at south Florida.

Reactions: dcervantesjr
Dude, he is not worse than Strong. Not even close.
Yes he is. I know everyone hated strong, but look at it objectively.

when Strong was here the conference was better. Ok state had a good team, Oklahoma was good, Briles was at Baylor, and Patterson had his best teams. And KSU and Iowa State were good enough to play you tough. The talent level at Texas especially at QB wasn’t very good.
Even if you had Saban the talent level probably had a 8-9 win celling

fast forward to what Herman has this year. The conference isn’t near what it was back then. He has a sr QB that will be top 3 in most of the school records. 2 good Rbs returning and a top freshman coming in, one of the best kickers in America and he’s an onside kick away from being 0-3 in conference. It’s worse. The only reason you don’t see it is because the hatred for Strong is so strong(no pun intended) and the losses are closer but it’s as bad as ever.

you want to know the difference between Strong and Herman? Dicker the kicker. Without Dicker Herman is winless against OU and 0-3 in big 12 play this year.

Last edited:
Yes he is. I know everyone hated strong, but look at it objectively.

when Strong was here the conference was better. Ok state had a good team, Oklahoma was good, Briles was at Baylor, and Patterson had his best teams. And KSU and Iowa State were good enough to play you tough. The talent level at Texas especially at QB wasn’t very good.
Even if you had Saban the talent level probably had a 8-9 win celling

fast forward to what Herman has this year. The conference isn’t near what it was back then. He has a sr QB that will be top 3 in most of the school records. 2 good Rbs returning and a top freshman coming in, one of the best kickers in America and he’s an onside kick away from being 0-3 in conference. It’s worse. The only reason you don’t see it is because the hatred for Strong is so strong(no pun intended) and the losses are closer but it’s as bad as ever.

you want to know the difference between Strong and Herman? Dicker the kicker. Without Dicker Herman is winless against OU and 0-3 in big 12 play this year.
No he isn’t. I was a Strong supporter till the bitter end: 3 losing seasons, multiple blowout losses and THREE EXTRA POINT BLOCKS against Okie Lite. You have many good points when it come to Texas football, but no way anybody will buy that Herman is worse than Charley. Charley is the worst, then Mc Williams 2nd worst , then Mackovic then whoever.

I try to stay out of political debates and stuff but I keep seeing this written on the board by some and it’s fine to clear it up.
Austin being liberal has absolutely nothing to do with Texas football being bad. The college presidents political affiliation has nothing to do with Texas football being bad. The reason Texas football has been bad is we have made bad coaching hires and we’ve lacked leadership in the athletic department until very recently. It’s that simple. Has nothing to do with liberal, conservative, or weather the eyes of Texas are played or not. The fact of the matter is a lot of college cities and towns in this country lean left. Has nothing to do with politics. At least not left or right politics.
I'm going to tell you why you're wrong, and I'm going to do it respectfully-- as we all should.

Charlie Strong was hired because he was black. No other reason. He was not qualified. No more qualified than Herman was. How do I know Charlie Strong was hired because of his race?

Because I can prove it. The man that hired him said so.

Steve Patterson was asked at a press conference the day he was fired, what he was MOST proud of during his brief tenure at the University of Texas.

His response was ---"I am most proud of our two historic hires in football and basketball."

He never answered my email to him when I asked Steve "what was so historic about those hires?" . Instead, in the fashion of a social justice coward, Steve chose to remain silent and slink away from answering a simple, yet loaded question. And that's why Steve Patterson is a fvcking coward cvnt that should never be allowed to set foot in this state again. I will officially show up and defecate and urinate on his grave the day he is buried.

This social justice culture is the reason we are where we are today. We hired a guy based on identity politics. It has spiraled out of control since then because everyone knows why Charlie was hired--- even the people that wanted to hire a black coach pretended Charlie was qualified. They lied to themselves. And when you start to believe your own lies, you're fvcked. This lead other to try and quickly correct the idiotic choice of hiring Charlie, by hiring an idiot of their own named Tom herman--- a man NO MORE QUALIFIED to coach this team than Charlie.

Hmmmm---- now where does this sound familiar? A bunch of woke folks get together and hire a guy that isn't qualified to do a job, simply because he's a black dude, and the black dude doesn't do that great of a job, so then they hire a white dude that's the polar opposite.

In short, the culture of Austin led to the hiring of a guy simply because he fit the narrative of the culture in charge. They wanted a black man so that they could fit the woke narrative of the city of Austin. It's blown up in their face and continues to blow up in their face and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
An air of "affirmative action" and racial equality has destroyed this program.

You get what is coming to you when you allow a false narrative to drive your decision making paradigm.

Last edited:
No he isn’t. I was a Strong supporter till the bitter end: 3 losing seasons, multiple blowout losses and THREE EXTRA POINT BLOCKS against Okie Lite. You have many good points when it come to Texas football, but no way anybody will buy that Herman is worse than Charley. Charley is the worst, then Mc Williams 2nd worst , then Mackovic then whoever.
See you focus on the wrong things imo. I don’t really care weather it was a blowout loss or a close loss. A loss is a loss.

as far as the extra point blocks. Did you watch our special teams today? We had a punt blocked, a FG blocked, and our punter got an unecssary roughness penalty lol. the punter single handedly set OU up for 14 points. Without those Texas probably wins by two scores. OU didn’t do a lot against our defense when they had to go the full field

I'm going to tell you why you're wrong, and I'm going to do it respectfully-- as we all should.

Charlie Strong was hired because he was black. No other reason. He was not qualified. No more qualified than Herman was. How do I know Charlie Strong was hired because of his race?

Because I can prove it. The man that hired him said so.

Steve Patterson was asked at a press conference the day he was hired, what he was MOST proud of during his brief tenure at the University of Texas.

His response was ---"I am most proud of our two historic hires in football and basketball."

He never answered my email to him when I asked Steve "what was so historic about those hires?" . Instead, in the fashion of a social justice coward, Steve chose to remain silent and slink away from answering a simple, yet loaded question. And that's why Steve Patterson is a fvcking coward cvnt that should never be allowed to set foot in this state again. I will officially show up and defecate and urinate on his grave the day he is buried.

This social justice culture is the reason we are where we are today. We hired a guy based on identity politics. It has spiraled out of control since then because everyone knows why Charlie was hired--- even the people that wanted to hire a black coach pretended Charlie was qualified. They lied to themselves. And when you start to believe your own lies, you're fvcked. This lead other to try and quickly correct the idiotic choice of hiring Charlie, by hiring an idiot of their own named Tom herman--- a man NO MORE QUALIFIED to coach this team than Charlie.

Hmmmm---- now where does this sound familiar? A bunch of woke folks get together and hire a guy that isn't qualified to do a job, simply because he's a black dude, and the black dude doesn't do that great of a job, so then they hire a white dude that's the polar opposite.

In short, the culture of Austin led to the hiring of a guy simply because he fit the narrative of the culture in charge. They wanted a black man so that they could fit the woke narrative of the city of Austin. It's blown up in their face and continues to blow up in their face and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
An air of "affirmative action" and racial equality has destroyed this program.

You get what is coming to you when you allow a false narrative to drive your decision making paradigm.
Let’s say your right Clob. Maybe Texas did want a black coach. You were considering James Franklin along with Charlie Strong. Idk of Franklin would of succeeded here either but he wouldn’t of been as bad as Charlie Strong. So the wanting a black coach weather you agree with it or not is not why Texas is where it is today. The fact is you could of hired Franklin and maybe you wouldn’t of been where you want to be you’d be better than you ended up. So the wanting a black coach even if it’s true. Has nothing to do with why Texas is bad.

and this next part isn’t directed at you necsssrly because I know you were advising against Herman just like I was. But many of the people who argue Charlie wasn’t qualified and only got the job because Texas wanted a black coach. We’re chasing Tom Herman for 2 years who was probably less qualified(the same at best) as Charlie Strong was. That’s why the “racism” card was played by some because in there mind if Charlie wasn’t qualified for Texas there is no way Herman is but it seemed as though the red carpet was rolled out for Herman

So even if Texas wanted a black coach because they wanted to make a “liberal statement you still could of made a better hire than what they made. You could of hired James Franklin, could of made a giant offer to mike Tomin, hell could of hired Herm Edwards who is doing a nice job at ASU. There are any number of guys you could of hired who would of been better than Strong and more qualified so even if they were dead set on getting a black coach that isn’t why they made a bad hire.

See you focus on the wrong things imo. I don’t really care weather it was a blowout loss or a close loss. A loss is a loss.

as far as the extra point blocks. Did you watch our special teams today? We had a punt blocked, a FG blocked, and our punter got an unecssary roughness penalty lol. the punter single handedly set OU up for 14 points. Without those Texas probably wins by two scores. OU didn’t do a lot against our defense when they had to go the full field
No, I don’t focus on the wrong things. It was a disastrous negative accummulation with Strong. I am not defending Herman, only that he isn’t worse than Strong. Why did you omit 3 losing seasons under Strong? Good night, all

No, I don’t focus on the wrong things. It was a disastrous negative accummulation with Strong. I am not defending Herman, only that he isn’t worse than Strong. Why did you omit 3 losing seasons under Strong? Good night, all
I didn’t omit them. I said even if you replaced Strong with Saban the celling on those teams talent wise was probably 8-9 wins at best.

Herman has more talent(slightly) and an easier conference and we have the same things happening

Jesus. Strong wasnt a good hire. Herman sure looks like he wasn't a good hire either.

Everyone happy? We suck again!

Strong left the cupboard stocked and overflowing when he got gaffed, just ask him

Strong left the cupboard stocked and overflowing when he got gaffed, just ask him
That’s the one thing Charlie did well was recruit. Most of the key guys on that sugar bowl team were his guys.the Cubbard was certainly more full when he left than it was when he got here. Especially at QB.

I’m an OU alum and fan who comes here after y’all lose for Schadenfruede, so dismiss my opinion if you like. But there seems to be a feeling here that Ehlinger is better than he really is. He has a lot of heart. He runs it strong. He reads defenses pretty well. But he is physically limited throwing the football. He just does not have the accuracy that a next level QB needs. I bring this up because I think it’s important to note your problems are mostly about talent level. The talent just hasn’t been there at skill positions. Texas hasn’t had a really good quarterback since Colt McCoy. That’s 11 years ago. They haven’t had NFL quality receivers and running backs. And the o-line talent has dropped off significantly in the last decade or so. Best receiver in the last decade? Marquise Goodwin? Best RB? D’onta Foreman? Texas has had one o-lineman drafted in the last decade. That is crazy. Oklahoma State has had better offensive talent than you guys over the last decade. Consistently. That is astounding given how much better Texas does in the recruiting rankings. I don’t know if it is something to do with how they scout talent, how they develop players or if it’s just bad luck. But coaches can’t magically win conference titles without talent. Obviously recruiting and developing talent are coaching issues as well, but I don’t think the problem is schemes. And it spans three coaching eras. Mack Brown’s later years, Strong and now Herman. Things aren’t going to turn around at Texas until they start getting more guys like Kyler Murray, Pat Mahomes, CeeDee Lamb, Tylan Wallace, Chuba Hubbard, Joe Mixon, etc. Texas has lacked impact players for a long time.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I’m an OU alum and fan who comes here after y’all lose for Schadenfruede, so dismiss my opinion if you like. But there seems to be a feeling here that Ehlinger is better than he really is. He has a lot of heart. He runs it strong. He reads defenses pretty well. But he is physically limited throwing the football. He just does not have the accuracy that a next level QB needs. I bring this up because I think it’s important to note your problems are mostly about talent level. The talent just hasn’t been there at skill positions. Texas hasn’t had a really good quarterback since Colt McCoy. That’s 11 years ago. They haven’t had NFL quality receivers and running backs. And the o-line talent has dropped off significantly in the last decade or so. Best receiver in the last decade? Marquise Goodwin? Best RB? D’onta Foreman? Texas has had one o-lineman drafted in the last decade. That is crazy. Oklahoma State has had better offensive talent than you guys over the last decade. Consistently. That is astounding given how much better Texas does in the recruiting rankings. I don’t know if it is something to do with how they scout talent, how they develop players or if it’s just bad luck. But coaches can’t magically win conference titles without talent. Obviously recruiting and developing talent are coaching issues as well, but I don’t think the problem is schemes. And it spans three coaching eras. Mack Brown’s later years, Strong and now Herman. Things aren’t going to turn around at Texas until they start getting more guys like Kyler Murray, Pat Mahomes, CeeDee Lamb, Tylan Wallace, Chuba Hubbard, Joe Mixon, etc. Texas has lacked impact players for a long time.
There has been plenty of talent on the these teams the last 2 years. It’s more of a development issue to me. If you listened to Urban the last 2 weeks in the pre game show he pointed out the same exact thing. That comes down to coaches teaching kids bad techniques and fundamentals and has nothing to do with scheme.
I agree with you on Sam but to be fair to him he has always had terrible defenses and a pedestrian offensive line. And no he is definitely not a Colt McCoy or VY by any means.

There has been plenty of talent on the these teams the last 2 years. It’s more of a development issue to me. If you listened to Urban the last 2 weeks in the pre game show he pointed out the same exact thing. That comes down to coaches teaching kids bad techniques and fundamentals and has nothing to do with scheme.
I agree with you on Sam but to be fair to him he has always had terrible defenses and a pedestrian offensive line. And no he is definitely not a Colt McCoy or VY by any means.
You cannot develop talent that won't listen. Get it through your head , this Coach is terrible but there is very little CHARACTER in his players as Humans.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
You cannot develop talent that won't listen. Get it through your head , this Coach is terrible but there is very little CHARACTER in his players as Humans.
Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said anything about Herman being a good coach. Maybe your comprehension skills need a little polishing. Players take on the identity of their coaches and it shows on the field. Maybe you need to go back and re read what I said.

Ha, ha, if Strong was such a great coach, he'd still be coaching at S. Florida.

It's your defense. Your offense put up enough numbers to win. Ha, ha, there's a reason Ash was fired from his HC gig at Rutgers.

Ha, ha, ensures the B12 stays intact. No conference will want Texas or OK after this year.

It's also that there's been a leveling of the field in college FB, unless you're recruiting top 5 talent (eg Ala., Ohio St., Clemson). Texas recruiting has been good but not at that level. Still, with all those 5* and 4* talent on the team ...

At least Iowa St. can carry the B12 banner this year. Seems fitting for these pandemic times.

At the end of the day Ws matter and Charlie had fewer than Tom. Strong didn’t accomplish anything here and it’s looking like Tom won’t either. If all we want are lower tier bowl wins fine Tom can bring that. Charlie couldn’t even do that! Neither were or are ready for a big time program like Texas.

Ha, ha, if Strong was such a great coach, he'd still be coaching at S. Florida.

It's your defense. Your offense put up enough numbers to win. Ha, ha, there's a reason Ash was fired from his HC gig at Rutgers.

Ha, ha, ensures the B12 stays intact. No conference will want Texas or OK after this year.

It's also that there's been a leveling of the field in college FB, unless you're recruiting top 5 talent (eg Ala., Ohio St., Clemson). Texas recruiting has been good but not at that level. Still, with all those 5* and 4* talent on the team ...

At least Iowa St. can carry the B12 banner this year. Seems fitting for these pandemic times.

Serious question...are you still drunk?

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT