ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Holmes was robbed

Holmes deserved the flagrant 2, but yeah the WV player going unpunished was pretty bad. I can't remember that guy's name, I think it's Williams. Regardless of his name, the dude is one of the worst ball screeners I've ever seen. I have absolutely no idea how he doesn't get called for an offensive foul on every possession. The dude literally moves into someone on every ball screen. It was dumb for Holmes to react, but jesus someone needs to tell the refs about that guy on high balls screens. It's an absolute joke that he doesn't get called for more offensive fouls on screens.
This post was edited on 2/24 11:04 PM by utisdabomb12

LOL! He elbowed the 66% free throw shooter that was making 100% of his free throws at the end of the game. Holmes should have known better and restrained himself in spite of that jerk elbowing him first. Your right, bomb. He deserved to be ejected.

The foul by the WVU player was not reviewable. Thats not to say that it shouldn't have been called originally, but they cannot review a personal foul call, only flagrant foul calls. And not only did Holmes deserve to be ejected, the team is better without him on the floor. Texas went on a 19-5 run as soon as he was ejected. It look like Texas was going to win decisively until WVU switched from press to zone and Barnes, once again, did not have an answer.

Williams was called for a foul as a result of the video review.

UT shot two foul shots THEN WVU shot two foul shots and retained possession as a result of the flagrant 2 call.

I can't figure out how you missed this exchange.

It seemed like this guy and his aggy friends/aliases had stopped posting drive-by links to this piece-of-shit blog for a while. Was hoping that would be a permanent development.

You are right, Ridley stepped in for the ejected Holmes and took the front end of a 1 and 1 and missed it. But that call was made on the floor. Personal foul calls are not reviewable.

Originally posted by HammEERman:

UT shot two foul shots THEN WVU shot two foul shots and retained possession as a result of the flagrant 2 call.

The foul wasn't called on Williams, it was called on a WVU player battling Ridley for the rebound. Ridley shot a one and one and missed the front end.

"Williams was called for a foul as a result of the video review."

No it wasn't. It was called on someone else that fouled Ridley on the rebound. Whether the foul was reviewable or not is really irrelevant. The point is, a foul should have been called. Matter of fact, Williams should have been called for a moving screen about 15 times last night.
This post was edited on 2/25 11:50 AM by utisdabomb12

Originally posted by Charlie Mang:
Originally posted by HammEERman:

The foul wasn't called on Williams, it was called on a WVU player battling Ridley for the rebound. Ridley shot a one and one and missed the front end.

Yes, you are correct it was on a foul by Horton during the rebound. Just finished watching the recording my bad.

This post was edited on 2/25 3:48 PM by HammEERman

ADVERTISEMENT