ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Holmes

horn01

Jan 14, 2015
Holmes has bee TERRIBLE since he came back from injury. I don't understand what Barnes is thinking. He is giving Holmes huge minutes and is reluctant to pull him, although he pulls Turner, Ridley, Yancy, and others for the slightest misstep.

In the past few games we have seen Holmes be given the last second buzzer shot, and seen Holmes get multiple touches and miss multiple shots in the closing minutes which caused Texas to either lose the lead or allowed the other team separation. Against KU going late into the second half, Holmes was 0-5 shooting with three fouls and without a single positive contribution, yet he was in the game with minutes to go jacking up 3s.

Texas chances at the tourney are a long shot at best at this point, but they have absolutely no chance if Barnes is going to keep leaning on Holmes when the guy is clearly struggling. Sometimes you just have to realize when a guy doesn't have it and take him out.

I appreciate what Barnes has done. The team was terrible before he got here, and he took us on a long run of tournament appearances and has had his fare share of players go on to do big things in the NBA. With that said, the question now is whether Texas is ok with being a good team or whether Texas wants to be a great team. I don't think Barnes coaching tactics are capable of producing great teams.

Holmes attitude has been the suck too.

Heres the deal, ol' First Round Rick remembers once upon a time Holmes hit a game winner...out of desperation, and the fact he doesnt have a clue, he sticks with him.

We've all seen the same frustrating crap that makes no apparent sense.

What the hell is going on with Barnes?

My buds and I can't watch the games any more.

I honestly think his problem is that he is more focused on developing players for the next level than he is winning at this level. It's great that Turner will leave a better defensive player, but how many valuable minutes did he spend on the bench being taught a lesson? How many games could have gone a different way if he was left on the floor during crucial stretches?

Originally posted by utexfan5:

Heres the deal, ol' First Round Rick remembers once upon a time Holmes hit a game winner...out of desperation, and the fact he doesnt have a clue, he sticks with him.
ha ha

I agree. If we make the tourney, and make it to the sweet 16, Barnes keeps his job. If not, new direction time for us to go shopping.

Originally posted by Charlie Mang:

Originally posted by utexfan5:

ha ha
Awesome.

Yes, it really is awesome.

Should he manage to once again save his job by the skin of his teeth, like yrs before, Texas fans will once again get to witness the same lame, slow death downward spiral that we've all become accustom to.

It'll go like this...Texas will start strong, win a meaningless 4 team tourney, get a ranking that they can't hold onto, you know, like this year, then around the 4 games into conference the wheels fall off. Reel off four or five losses in a row. Like this year, and the years before. Then we get to witness a first or at best second round bounce from the dance. Sound familiar?

Yes, awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT