ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Spieth from an OU Fan

WP76

Oct 4, 2001
I just wanted to come to your board and let you know how much I respect Longhorn Jordan Speith not only as an outstanding golfer but also as a great person. I believe he'll be challenging for golf's #1 ranking sooner (forgive the pun) rather than later. I've learned that he has also set up charities to help children with special needs, military families, and junior golf programs. I wish him the best...

Add him to the list of people like James Street, Earl Campbell, Colt McCoy, and Kevin Durant who are absolutely first class in every aspect.

[Insert a very low key "Hook 'Em" here.
smile.r191677.gif
]

Originally posted by WP76:
I just wanted to come to your board and let you know how much I respect Longhorn Jordan Speith not only as an outstanding golfer but also as a great person. I believe he'll be challenging for golf's #1 ranking sooner (forgive the pun) rather than later. I've learned that he has also set up charities to help children with special needs, military families, and junior golf programs. I wish him the best...

Add him to the list of people like James Street, Earl Campbell, Colt McCoy, and Kevin Durant who are absolutely first class in every aspect.

[Insert a very low key "Hook 'Em" here.
smile.r191677.gif
]
Texas has always had good golfer and I went to school with Ben Crenshaw and this guy Speith reminds of of Ben...he will make us prouder as the yrs go by!

Hook'em

FB...Crenshaw went to school a few years after I did. Texas had another golfer at the same time that I was proud of....Tom Kite..I was never proud of Crenshaw...in fact, rather embarassed by him, but Kite was a very good man.

Originally posted by oldhorn2:
FB...Crenshaw went to school a few years after I did. Texas had another golfer at the same time that I was proud of....Tom Kite..I was never proud of Crenshaw...in fact, rather embarassed by him, but Kite was a very good man.
Ben was ok, ya just have to know him I guess, when ya young in school its different than the Bigs! Kite played a good game also
I think Texas has put a lot of good ones out there!

Hook'em

FB...if you had followed Ben around the links when he and Kite were playing for the NCAA championships you wouldnt like him much either. From what I witnessed, I would not have stayed around him long enough to get to know him

FB...if you had followed Ben around the links when he and Kite were playing for the NCAA championships you wouldnt like him much either. From what I witnessed, I would not have stayed around him long enough to get to know him
I don't doubt what ya say is true, I have heard rumors around, just saying he treated me ok..

Hook'em

I used to see Ben alot at the BBQ place on the corner of MLK and the drag----- can't remember the name but they served a BBQ plate called a TURBO that was fritos, chopped beef, beans, chopped brisket, sausage slices and BBQ sauce-- BERT'S ---- that's what it was called. Berts BBQ.

Anyway, Crenshaw was always chatty kathy, he'd come sit with us players and we'd all shoot the breaze. Seemed like a nice guy, but I'm sure people thought that about Tiger woods at some point.

what I saw at the NCAA's was Crenshaw and Kite playing for the NCAA championship ....for Texas I might add..Crenshaw expected to win individual honors, but he was several strokes behind Kite. "Gentle" Ben missed a 4 ft putt and lost another stroke to Kite. While everyone moved to the next tee, Ben stayed behind and missed that putt again...and again...he grabbed the ball ,threw it down so hard it sank over halfway into the green by the cup. He then swung at it so hard he took a very deep divot out of a well tended green and stompted to the next tee. He should have been glad his team mate was helping HIS team to a title....he can kiss my ass.

what I saw at the NCAA's was Crenshaw and Kite playing for the NCAA championship ....for Texas I might add..Crenshaw expected to win individual honors, but he was several strokes behind Kite. "Gentle" Ben missed a 4 ft putt and lost another stroke to Kite. While everyone moved to the next tee, Ben stayed behind and missed that putt again...and again...he grabbed the ball ,threw it down so hard it sank over halfway into the green by the cup. He then swung at it so hard he took a very deep divot out of a well tended green and stompted to the next tee. He should have been glad his team mate was helping HIS team to a title....he can kiss my ass.
That's pissed off Old! That is bad sportsmanship on the Green! Guess missing that putt put him over the edge..

Hook'em

ADVERTISEMENT