ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Spieth

Older Fan

Dec 24, 2017
Spring Branch ( west Houston)
Should quit the game, he is a mess and getting worse every round. He is either Really Hard Headed or doesn't give a Damn. He just took an eight on a Par Five and believe me anyone on this board could have done better. The hole was rated the seventeenth hardest out of eighteen holes.

He looked like the nest great one and now doesn’t even look like he belongs. Crazy

The last year the Byron Nelson was held at TPC Four Seasons, I was at the tee box and saw him hit 3 straight tee shots OB on #16 par 5. 3 straight shots into the neighborhood to the right of the fairway. Something an amateur does. It was pretty unbelievable.

• Wow
Reactions: freeper
Wow, today Jordan had his best round in three years and without Michael on his bag. He shot minus 3 and still missed some short birdie putts AND 73% of his Drives were in the Fairway.

In The British open he hit a shot way out of bounds. It took a long time for him to get to the ball and prepare for the next shot. He made an incredible shot and went on to win. I felt he had gathered himself after hitting out of bounds. Hope he can get it back!

He's young and has a looong career ahead if him. He's in a slump but I think eventually he'll come out of it.

Reactions: Oilfield
He's young and has a looong career ahead if him. He's in a slump but I think eventually he'll come out of it.
I don’t man golf is so much of a mental game and he has been in a long slump. Some guys just don’t come out of it. I hope he does because I’ve always been a huge fan of his but I just don’t know at this point.

Reactions: diadevic
Great guy and sad to see his game deteriorate so badly. Hope he doesn't turn into David Duval.

That's really cold blooded bringing up Duval. That's the saddest collapse in sports I've ever seen. Thinking about him still makes me cringe.

That's really cold blooded bringing up Duval. That's the saddest collapse in sports I've ever seen. Thinking about him still makes me cringe.
I grew up on a golf course and played junior tournament golf and am familiar with the level of play of touring pros. Really sorry to say that some of the bad shots that Spieth hits are so awful it is hard to imagine for someone as talented as he is. I remember about a couple of years ago, he came to the 18th hole at a Texas event and was about 5 under par. He proceeded to pull a wedge about 30 yards left and double bogeyed when he should have had a good putt at a birdie. In my junior tournament playing days, I wouldn't have hit that shot in a whole year.

As I said, I really hope he can turn it around.

Last edited:
World #1 to a 15 handicap. Crazy

Mark Wholers...best closer in the game to spiking fastballs halfway to the plate.

Steve Sax...Chuck Knoblach, etc.
Golf being such a mental game he’ll have to get the mental edge back before he becomes a consistent major contender again. It happens lot. O’Meara found the edge for about 3 years and won 2 majors in the same year. Actually, it was his wife and Tiger who called out his manhood and desire to win. Tiger lost his edge for many years to where he couldn’t chip. I suspect someone around him will have to call him out about his desire to win. Problem is everyone around him (wife, parents, swing coach, business manager, agent) is making tons of money and won’t want to stir the pot. He needs the edge to put in the extra, extra work. I hope he gets it back. Talking to Michael and talking at the ball is fun to watch.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I grew up on a golf course and played junior tournament golf and am familiar with the level of play of touring pros. Really sorry to say that some of the bad shots that Spieth hits are so awful it is hard to imagine for someone as talented as he is. I remember about a couple of years ago, he came to the 18th hole at a Texas event and was about 5 under par. He proceeded to pull a wedge about 30 yards left and double bogeyed when he should have had a good putt at a birdie. In my junior tournament playing days, I wouldn't have hit that shot in a whole year.

As I said, I really hope he can turn it around.
Seriously? I played in middle school thru high school and I could screw up any shot. Speith will grind it out and be back on top.

Yes. I was a very good wedge player (of course, not nearly as good as touring pros) Would never pull a wedge 30 yards. Might occasionally skull or chunk one. Did win a large city junior championship 3 times for my age group.

Pros are the best around the greens. Magic hands is what they have. I could get to the green in regulation but then be happy with a 2 putt. Our number 1 player would make the longest putts for pars or birdies and he would have gone Pro but he had to take a job his senior year when his Mom left town and left him alone. He did not cry about it, he just finished high school and worked at night and weekends.

Jordan has actually had two straight solid days at the Phoenix waste management open this week. He and Scheffler are both in the top of 10 after two rounds.

Dudes, if not watching the hoops game, Jordan is putting on a show. Just hit a 30 foot putt to go 9 under for the day and 17 under overall. NBC.

Damn! Another 30 footer to be 10 under for the round. And with fans there makes it loud and more fun.

ADVERTISEMENT