ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Whittington meniscus tear

Even as a Sooner fan, this news is so sad. My family has a ranch near Cuero and I got to see his special talent on the field during his last two years of HS and, what a extraordinary player he was during those years. His state championship highlights, alone, were stuff of legend. I wish him all the best in his recovery and a quick return to the field. He is far too good of a kid to deserve this outcome. Stay strong, Kid!

Perhaps he needs to be a bit less chisled and a lot more limber. His brother who seems to have total influence over him looks so muscled up he could pass for the Michelin Man. Perhaps a yoga regimin would help him.

Reactions: westx
Perhaps he needs to be a bit less chisled and a lot more limber. His brother who seems to have total influence over him looks so muscled up he could pass for the Michelin Man. Perhaps a yoga regimin would help him.

you could be onto something here. I’m reminded of Kirk Johnson, another body builder type that’s extremely injury prone.

Reactions: oldhorn2 and westx
Two guys I want to point out are Jordan Shipley and Wayne McGarity. I can't remember how many major knee operations McGarity had, but in the end he made a huge contribution to the 98 team.

We like to remember Shipley's last two years at Texas and for good reason, I don't think anyone was able to cover him. However, what we tend to forget was his first 3 years where he was constantly injured, I don't know what he did different to overcome his injuries, but he ended up finally having those last two years.

Whittington is going through a rough patch, but I think he will be fine. He just needs to figure out his body.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Kids didn’t used to not tear muscles making a cut to this degree. Maybe lifting more weights is causing it. I can’t think of any other reason.

Mickey Mantle....surgery technology was stone age in those days. No telling what he might have become with todays technology....same with Gayle Sayers for that matter.

Artificial turf. We can't be using water to water real grass. Get with the agenda.

the irony here as to Mickey Mantle....he was injured originally by stepping in a water sprinkler hole while running.
The further irony is that he was injured while playing right field and running full out to catch a fly ball hit to center that the center fielder refused to go after because he was very miffed at the teams decision to bring Mantle up to replace him!....That center fielders name?.....Joe Dimaggio. ....the sorriest human being in baseball since Ty Cobb.

ADVERTISEMENT