ADVERTISEMENT

Just for LMM :). 🇺🇸 soccer

Too bad you spend 3-1/2 hours watching Budweiser commercials instead of actual athletes.
You have to sit through commercials? Modern tech can do away with that.

Also, yes, those 8-10 minutes of actual athletes doing amazing athletic things that kickball player could NEVER do in a million years do, is totally worth it.

Reactions: LonghornMM
You have to sit through commercials? Modern tech can do away with that.

Also, yes, those 8-10 minutes of actual athletes doing amazing athletic things that kickball player could NEVER do in a million years do, is totally worth it.
Got damn it man......did you learn that kickball put down on the playground today? That is freaking brilliant. Damn it you are funny.

Got damn it man......did you learn that kickball put down on the playground today? That is freaking brilliant. Damn it you are funny.
Well you eurotrash wanna be's get upset when I call it "soccer". I dont want you getting your Puma's and track suits in a twist.

Clob, you’re normally a level headed, practical, and logical dude. I love both sports and find players for both to be very athletic but in different ways. There are things soccer players can’t do in football for sure, but vice versa is also true. You messin with Sasquatch? Lol

Clob, you’re normally a level headed, practical, and logical dude. I love both sports and find players for both to be very athletic but in different ways. There are things soccer players can’t do in football for sure, but vice versa is also true. You messin with Sasquatch? Lol
Old Russian national strength coach once told me that if NFL athletes learned soccer as a kid instead of football, the US would win every single soccer match ever. That's how good the athletes are in the NFL. Bigger. Stronger. Faster.

That may very well be true. However, soccer players are actual athletes in their own right. Just like hockey players, volleyball, baseball, swimming, and so on and so on. It’s badminton that you’re really talking about I know…

That may very well be true. However, soccer players are actual athletes in their own right. Just like hockey players, volleyball, baseball, swimming, and so on and so on. It’s badminton that you’re really talking about I know…

No doubt that you've got to be in incredible shape to play soccer. However, I just find it to be an incredibly boring sport to watch.

No doubt that you've got to be in incredible shape to play soccer. However, I just find it to be an incredibly boring sport to watch.

You bring up the incredible shape, back in high school running cross country they would have the soccer guys try to run with us for their off season and let's just say they couldn't hang.

So what. It’s a totally different sport. And how long ago was that? Chances are, the training regimen has changed since then.

Wait....wut? Mexican fans were throwing actual turds on the field? Like actual sh!t? Or are you saying they were throwing "stuff" on the field but used the word "sh!t" to describe the stuff.

Just looking for clarity my man.

And now thinking about it, how sad is it that I think Mexican fans are capable of tossing actual poo on the field?

Well...maybe. They do throw bags of urine at people so you never know.

You watched...I know, you know it, vegetable lasagna knows it! haha

Man, to be honest I haven't watched one minute of the Olympics. I have zero interest. I'll be glad when it's over so that it'll free up space on NBC for other things that might be worth watching.

US didn't take soccer serious in the 70s Robo...like at all. Back then it probably was a sport for unathletic nerds who couldn't do anything else. Isn't that way anymore.

I'm not that old hahaha and also when I was in high school there was a guy younger than me Wileman I think, get picked up and moved to Florida for the national team. One day he was at school next he was gone.

Reactions: weevilcatch
US didn't take soccer serious in the 70s Robo...like at all. Back then it probably was a sport for unathletic nerds who couldn't do anything else. Isn't that way anymore.
True. Now it’s just for those that aren’t quite good enough for football.

Man, to be honest I haven't watched one minute of the Olympics. I have zero interest. I'll be glad when it's over so that it'll free up space on NBC for other things that might be worth watching.

You don’t like Track and Field or the swimming?

Rugby 7s is a lot of fun.

I’m an Olympics nerd. I watch swimming, TnF, Shooting, rowing, all the martial arts, boxing, fencing, some of the team sports and the new events like the wall climbing.

I haven’t watched a single second of the Olympic soccer either. Male or female. Lol, as strange as that is.

Reactions: westx
Nah, I used to watch the Olympics in years past. The woke, disrespectful American athletes have a lot to do with my disinterest. I'll be glad when the Olympics are over with on Sunday.

Old Russian national strength coach once told me that if NFL athletes learned soccer as a kid instead of football, the US would win every single soccer match ever. That's how good the athletes are in the NFL. Bigger. Stronger. Faster.

Wrong. Soccer isn't about size or brute strength, and speed is worthless if you lack conditioning, ball skill and field awareness.

You can be 225, run a 4.4 40 and have a 40 inch vertical and it won't make you a great soccer player. There are loads of guys that go through soccer academies who are physically gifted from all over the world but can't cut it at an elite level.

When your legs get tired everything goes, but in soccer your legs are everything. Your passing, touch and accuracy are completely dependent on your stamina. You can't just grab people or run into them either. You have to have stamina and quick feet even in the 90th minute to defend.

Coming from someone who played at a high level himself you understand this. Not every elite NFL player growing up playing baseball is a lock to throw 95mph in the zone or hit at a pro level either. Certain skill sets transcend physical prowess no matter what age one starts out.

Reactions: weevilcatch
You bring up the incredible shape, back in high school running cross country they would have the soccer guys try to run with us for their off season and let's just say they couldn't hang.

Running cross country is nothing like playing competitive soccer. High school football players couldn't keep up with a seasoned cross country runner.

That said, we had guys on our high school soccer team that were also some of the best runners on our high school cross country team, so I call BS. Being good at soccer requires a high level of fitness and endurance. If you can't go on a full sprint after 80 minutes of running back and forth, you're gonna get cut. You get beat and a goal is given up because you can't keep up to defend, and you're toast. And it's not just running. You have to be fresh enough to make accurate passes with touch. You have to be able to handle the physical aspects as well. No its nor full on tackling, but it IS physical.

Why can't we all just appreciate different sports. Why does someone always feel the need to try to put down a particular sport? In the NFL you need to pack a lot more muscle because you can literally knock the crap out of people in football. In soccer it's much more finesse. Simply clocking people isn't gonna work.

The closest thing to soccer in football is the down field passing game before the catch is made. The WR/DB battles are all about technique and finesse and field awareness. That's a lot like soccer.

Why can't we all just appreciate different sports. Why does someone always feel the need to try to put down a particular sport?
This. ^^^^
I like and appreciate all sports and the skill set each requires. I’m a HUGE tennis fan, some are not. Just appreciate the talents. I think some feel the need to put down a sport because they may feel it’s being pushed on them, and some do try to push soccer, so I get it. And yes, I call it soccer, not football, and I call a score 1-0(zero), not “nil”, because I’m a fvcking American.
But I am drinking a Mexican martini, so there’s that.

Nah, I used to watch the Olympics in years past. The woke, disrespectful American athletes have a lot to do with my disinterest. I'll be glad when the Olympics are over with on Sunday.
Most USA olympians have been patriotic. The women's soccer team is disgusting to me. Here is won of our female wrestlers that I was proud to watch. She is from Katy. Fast forward to the 3:40 mark and watch the last minute. Tamyra Mensah.

This link works, just press "watch on YouTube"

ADVERTISEMENT