ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
Rock Chalk Baby!......

Former Texas coach Tom Herman is currently employed as an offensive analyst in the NFL, but there's a chance he would be willing to return to the college ranks if the right opportunity arose. Athlon Sports believes Herman would be an ideal candidate at the University of Kansas, who mutually agreed to part way with head coach Les Miles on Monday following the release of Husch Blackwell's report, an investigation into how LSU handled allegations of sexual and domestic assault in previous years.

"While Herman’s tenure didn’t work out at Texas, he’s due for another chance to be a head coach in college football," writes Athlon Sports editor Steven Lassan.

https://247sports.com/Article/Kansas-Jayhawks-coaching-search-Tom-Herman-Les-Miles-162096326/

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rock Chalk Baby!......

Former Texas coach Tom Herman is currently employed as an offensive analyst in the NFL, but there's a chance he would be willing to return to the college ranks if the right opportunity arose. Athlon Sports believes Herman would be an ideal candidate at the University of Kansas, who mutually agreed to part way with head coach Les Miles on Monday following the release of Husch Blackwell's report, an investigation into how LSU handled allegations of sexual and domestic assault in previous years.

"While Herman’s tenure didn’t work out at Texas, he’s due for another chance to be a head coach in college football," writes Athlon Sports editor Steven Lassan.

https://247sports.com/Article/Kansas-Jayhawks-coaching-search-Tom-Herman-Les-Miles-162096326/

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Article is a month old. Herman's ego couldn't handle dropping into Kansas.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Well Kansas didn't even look into getting Chad Morris.....now Morris is back in high school football and the new coach of the Allen Eagles.

Hey guys. I was lurking around to see what your thoughts about Beard was and I saw this thread. I thought I'll give the new scoop of info since you provide me some good entertainment for reading on the side. For those who wonder who I am, I'm a Jayhawk fan. I came here in 2019 to ask about your thoughts before that crazy KU/UT game where your kicker won at the last second. That was a highlight moment for me in the last decade. Anyway, to the good stuff,
  • We just hired our AD. Travis Goff from Northwestern. He's from KS and a KU grad. We like the hire initially.
  • As for the potential HCs, the chatter is about Lance Leipold, Jeff Monken, and Willie Fritz. That feels like the preferred order amongst us fans. Some also want to give Emmett Jones the interim year but we will see how this goes down.
Someone mentioned about getting Herman. The general reaction to that idea was

tenor-1.gif

We'll see what happens but I predict a lot will happen by the end of next week.

Herman won't take the KU job. Too big of a step down for his ego. Moving to the NFL took some sting off his firing.

Reactions: jolebo
jolebo, man Kansas is just so bad as a football program. I'm not sure anyone can win there. Yes, I know that Mark Mangino had some success there, but overall he was 50-48 at KU. It's hard to recruit there, they have no winning tradition or history, and the facilities aren't up to par. The bottom line is, Kansas a basketball school.

Reactions: jolebo
jolebo, man Kansas is just so bad as a football program. I'm not sure anyone can win there. Yes, I know that Mark Mangino had some success there, but overall he was 50-48 at KU. It's hard to recruit there, they have no winning tradition or history, and the facilities aren't up to par. The bottom line is, Kansas a basketball school.
I can't disagree too much, considering the last decade. I can say is that Les Miles set up the roster in the most favorable way since the Mangino years and brought in some nice ACs. Emmett Jones opened the door to DFW that Beaty never did. Despite the pathetic record, we have some nice young players.

Honestly, all we want is respectability. Such as not losing 12-7 to Coastal Carolina at home. That is why Lance Leipold is the fans' #1 choice. He won at Wisconsin-Whitewater and is winning at Buffalo. I've read enough about how much of a grinder he is, which is what the program needs more than anything else. The thing is that he will need to keep a lot of the current ACs to keep the recruiting momentum and roster stability. Shoot, the program itself just needs stability.

ADVERTISEMENT