ADVERTISEMENT

Keep an eye on Auburn

speedstrength

Mar 5, 2008
https://www.chronicle.com/article/Inside-Auburn-s-Secret/242569?cid=wsinglestory_hp_1

Its behind a pay wall. If you work at a college or university you probably have access. Basically they created a public admin major with an insane number of open slots for electives. 37% of Auburn's black athletes were in the program. That high number started to draw scrutiny so the provost wrote an email to the president saying that they needed more majors like that. So the highest levels of the university administration were involved in creating academic programs with the sole purpose of keeping athletes eligible.

OU has a make up your own degree plan. Nothing new at football factory jucos.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Inside-Auburn-s-Secret/242569?cid=wsinglestory_hp_1

Its behind a pay wall. If you work at a college or university you probably have access. Basically they created a public admin major with an insane number of open slots for electives. 37% of Auburn's black athletes were in the program. That high number started to draw scrutiny so the provost wrote an email to the president saying that they needed more majors like that. So the highest levels of the university administration were involved in creating academic programs with the sole purpose of keeping athletes eligible.
Shows they don't just want to win, they do something about it. A lot of people say they want to win with good kids, bla-bla-bla. Well they don't really want to win.
Student/Athlete's play sports no one cares about. Schools that care enough to win big drop the student part for football. Ohio St., Oklahoma, Florida St., Clemson, half the SEC, and several others care enough about football to let the student thing slide.

Shows they don't just want to win, they do something about it. A lot of people say they want to win with good kids, bla-bla-bla. Well they don't really want to win.
Student/Athlete's play sports no one cares about. Schools that care enough to win big drop the student part for football. Ohio St., Oklahoma, Florida St., Clemson, half the SEC, and several others care enough about football to let the student thing slide.

And that pay for play stuff, really does it matter? Actually, it does. It's against the rules. It's pretty safe to say that, "where there is smoke there is a fire".... If the FBI were to peek into football like basketball, it's at these institutions where I would start digging.

This could break the SEC's stronghold on college fb. Let me explain if Auburn gets put on probation it's a certainty they will report other SEC schools ie... Alabama. And then other SEC schools could can get on probation. I'm going to wait and see.

In BBall, their coach is Bruce Pearl, who has as checkered a past as any coach in hoops history. And one of his assistants, Chuck Person, was arrested in the FBI sting. Something smells rotten in Auburn.

Reactions: The Tower
In BBall, their coach is Bruce Pearl, who has as checkered a past as any coach in hoops history. And one of his assistants, Chuck Person, was arrested in the FBI sting. Something smells rotten in Auburn.

I've heard about Bruce Pearl. And if Rick Pitino can go down so can Pearl. I never met CP but he played in San Antonio for awhile. People who did told me they couldn't stand him.

a lot of bad reasoning in this post, but not surprised considering the source. Anyone else noticed that it seems like the aggy fans have completely given up on holding even a shred of integrity and almost want to brag about it? They are the f'it I'll do anything, I mean anything for a chance at any success whatsoever. Everything has failed so sell yourself to the devil levels:

-Pull one the biggest bitch moves ever and lie, bail and run to the SEC.....still a nobody
-hire a black coach....still nothing
-lucked into a Heisman trophy winning QB....still didn't win sh_t
-take advantage of the University of Texas' worst stretch in history....nope didn't do that either
-set a world record for overpaying a contract (for a 5-6 coach).....yes!
-screw all ethics and self respect to try and be relevant, at least for a few years before we get caught....yes!!!

Reactions: LonghornMM
a lot of bad reasoning in this post, but not surprised considering the source. Anyone else noticed that it seems like the aggy fans have completely given up on holding even a shred of integrity and almost want to brag about it? They are the f'it I'll do anything, I mean anything for a chance at any success whatsoever. Everything has failed so sell yourself to the devil levels:

-Pull one the biggest bitch moves ever and lie, bail and run to the SEC.....still a nobody
-hire a black coach....still nothing
-lucked into a Heisman trophy winning QB....still didn't win sh_t
-take advantage of the University of Texas' worst stretch in history....nope didn't do that either
-set a world record for overpaying a contract (for a 5-6 coach).....yes!
-screw all ethics and self respect to try and be relevant, at least for a few years before we get caught....yes!!!
I think it is naive to think anyone has clean hands in big time college football. I think it is funny when someone thinks their billion dollar athletic department is above it. I also think some schools are more invested in winning than others. By the way, I don't think A&M or Texas are all in to win. Oklahoma is all in. Alabama is all in. Ohio State is all in. It is why they are consistently better. Some schools care more about winning than patting themselves on the back because they are only a little dirty. I am not the judge of which is better. I am also not naive enough to believe my program is 100% clean.

Reactions: HornDrummer
I think it is naive to think anyone has clean hands in big time college football. I think it is funny when someone thinks their billion dollar athletic department is above it. I also think some schools are more invested in winning than others. By the way, I don't think A&M or Texas are all in to win. Oklahoma is all in. Alabama is all in. Ohio State is all in. It is why they are consistently better. Some schools care more about winning than patting themselves on the back because they are only a little dirty. I am not the judge of which is better. I am also not naive enough to believe my program is 100% clean.
Dude, give it up; too logical.

Program cleanliness smack talk is only second to revenue smack talk in the dumbest things fans argue/boast about category.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT