ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (30,000-foot view of 2019 recruiting ...)

Any top 10 QB list with Chris Simms in it is flawed. Stats don’t always tell the story.

I won’t even begin to pick apart the fact that you placed him ahead of Major.

But as always, thanks for taking the time to write.

Happy Father’s Day. Just found out I am having a little girl. My first child. God help me!!
On of the greatest challenges a man can embrace, IMO, is raising a little girl. God has blessed you with a huge responsibility.

I just laminated my Father’s Day card hand written and illustrated by 6 year old “Baby” girl. The picture was me holding her, as only she can do.

Four of the greatest words I hear are “I love you, Daddy” as only she can say. Good luck, and God bless you and your family.

Reactions: THELAW21
Ranking Simms higher than Applewhite seems like click-bate.
I haven't used that point in the rankings as any kind of click bait.

Believe it or not, I think Simms was the better player. I remember all of the games, not just the 2001 Big 12 Title game.

Reactions: JoeUT
I can go with Chance at NO. 10, but Koepka wins 1-2 majors and gets Trevino/Mickelson status? That's just crazy talk.

Trevino 29 tour wins, 6 majors
Phil: 43 wins, 5 majors
Brooks: 3 wins, 2 majors

At this point, he's maybe headed towards Ray Floyd/Vijay Singh/Curtis Strange status.

If Brooks gets to 25 and 5, we can talk.
It was just a sarcastic section base on a post made last week. Very tongue in cheek.

Just want to be on the record of letting you know that I really enjoyed #10 - great tribute to your mother. Very well said. She sounds like an amazing and very selfless woman. The world could use more like her!

Reactions: bamahorn1
So you titled your list as "rank my top 10 Texas quarterbacks of all-time". You are right, we aren't clear about whether we mean best skill wise, best results wise, or a combination (all things considered). In any case, its your list. I think the point is that very few QBs have beaten OU all 4 years, so its hard to believe that one that has done that would not be on the top 10 regardless of your prefs. I do agree with you, Chance probably was substantially better skill wise. He was unlucky that he was competing with an HoF type guy. He probably would have been a better QB than Gardere if given a chance.

Seems kind of strange...when you do a GOAT list, you always want to see skins on the wall, how did they play in the big games etc...but in this list you overlook a guy that played his best in big games, beat OU four times, and put a guy with no skins on the wall in the top ten...this is not a good list.

If I remember correctly, he started on both sides of the ball for a National Championship team.

Not sure he started full time on defense, but iirc, he had a crucial interception late in a game to seal a win.

I haven't used that point in the rankings as any kind of click bait.

Believe it or not, I think Simms was the better player. I remember all of the games, not just the 2001 Big 12 Title game.

you must "mis-remember" quite a few games other than the 2001 Big 12 Title game.

2001 v OU 0 TDs; 4 INTs
2002 v OU 0 TDs; 3 INTs

I remember all the games, not just the games against inferior opponents.

Reactions: llanojohn
Awesome 10 Thoughts from the weekend!
Love the story time with uncle Ketch!! Those recruiting stories are priceless!! Love the "list" portion you added also! Keep up the great work!!

Seems kind of strange...when you do a GOAT list, you always want to see skins on the wall, how did they play in the big games etc...but in this list you overlook a guy that played his best in big games, beat OU four times, and put a guy with no skins on the wall in the top ten...this is not a good list.
what about the fact that his career quarterback rating is nearly 25 points lower and he threw 12 more career interceptions than touchdowns.

I think you can argue Case ahead of Peter.

you must "mis-remember" quite a few games other than the 2001 Big 12 Title game.

2001 v OU 0 TDs; 4 INTs
2002 v OU 0 TDs; 3 INTs

I remember all the games, not just the games against inferior opponents.
Do you remember the 1999 Stanford game. Or the 99 Big 12 Title game. Or Kansas State at home.

Major was a good, quality player. So was Chris, Neither were close to great.

top 10 QBs......Mock? that's insane...over Brewer, Stafford and several others, come on.
The Stafford with a career 108 rating and 23 touchdowns to 35 interceptions?

Mock might have saved David McWilliams or Fred Akers jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT