ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (A few apologies need to take place...)

I’ll take Acho’s career over Boyd’s any day.

I don’t think Acho ever texted that he should be at A&M during a game.

Boyd sucks and pretty much always has.

Didn’t forget at all. I attended a lot of practices back then and watched him a lot. I was a big fan of his. Remember who his QB’s were. He was tall and had good hands, but wasn’t as physical as the two current WRs. He’s faster than Collin, but no faster than LJH. I don’t think he’d start on this team.
I strongly disagree.

The bottom line is his play has to be even better and ever higher if this team is going to win out. It needs 150+ games, not sub-130s.
What it sounds like is you are thinking Texas is going to have to win some shootouts in last few games due to the defense n Sam is going to have to do it!:)

Number 9.

Limas is too high (would swap him and cavil), I think Collin for now is right where he needs to be. BUT, if he comes back next year I could see him creep into top 5.

Limas too high. Agree with the other posters on this topic.
Curious, who else did you give considération to for top 10. BJ, Lovell, Johnny Walker
Arguments both ways trying to decide between Jordan and Roy.
Hopefully Lil Jordan comes back next year and gets in the Top 10
a.No one has actually made a strong case for ranking anyone over Limas.

b. Lovell was the last one out. Then Tony Jones.

What it sounds like is you are thinking Texas is going to have to win some shootouts in last few games due to the defense n Sam is going to have to do it!:)
Sam will have to be OU game good down the stretch.

That hasn't happened every week.

Reactions: darrenj
- I pretty sure you'll see Jalen Green as a starting cornerback next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Reese Leitao started at TE.

- Boyd should have let it go. The best response would have been shutting down every receiver he faced for the rest of this season.

- 9-3 is still a step in the right direction.

Tom seems be have a fairly high IQ (source: Tom Herman) but his emotional intelligence is at the level of the 15-year-old. From mocking the Missouri quarterback on the sidelines to last night’s shenanigans, it’s embarrasing. You just wouldn’t see that from DKR, Mack And almost all other college coaches.
Can I have an AMEN?

Kobe Boyce (Cornerback) - Ready or not, Cook will probably be asked to play the role of No. 2 corner on this team in his third-year sophomore season.

When your excitement over including yet another “cornbread” reference causes you to overlook that one little alteration after “ctrl+c” “ctrl+v”

... NFL fan gonna NFL fan, even if it's a woman.
DRSC3pCX4AAQJ7C.jpg
It’s just a shame this isn’t a trough like you see in the South at half-mile race tracks.

You are using his rating to say he has to be better but not acknowledging the HUGE impact of big mistakes by teammates on his rating.
simply untrue. re-read the section.

I did re-read the section. You said nothing specific in your post to say that he wasnt good enough other than saying his rating was one of his worst rating games of the season and he needs to be at 150 and not 125 in qb rating.

Ill ask one more time and let it be... what other than QB rating alone is an example of where Sam wasnt good enough?

I think its this simple. If not for mistakes by Beck and LJH, Sam plays the EXACT same game he did, his rating is closer to 150 and Texas wins the game. Sam played a 150 game but got a 125 because of his teammates mistakes.

Last edited:
Good stuff Ketch, although I disagree on Sam. He played great last night.

Texas can absolutely win the next 4 games if he plays at the same level. That is assuming everyone else steps up their level of play, first and foremost the defense and WRs.

Reactions: Caskeyjm
Re: Top Receivers- Noble Doss deserves mention even if the only play he ever made was”The Catch” against A&M in 1940!

Have to start playing at a much higher level on the road. Tech is better than OSU.
Of some of the games we won this year, we beat USC, TCU, OU, and could beat WVU, ISU and then go play Tech on the Road and win that game out of all of the best wins, it could end up being Tech because of the importance of the growth we need. Wow, when have I ever imagined saying that.

HUGE game on Saturday. Time to flush the OSU game. We played terrible and lost by 3 in a night game in Stillwater.

Hopefully the suspensions and L has the team's full attention and they'll refocus and finish the rest of the season strong

Reactions: dougphelan
It can’t be backed up with stats because of the era he played in ( and they had a dude that wore #20 in the backfield) but Alfred Jackson deserves at least honorable mention

Alfred Jackson had a long successful NFL career.

Reactions: NativeTex
Boyd and Davis set the tone for this game. It was lost before they took a snap.

Boyd should be careful who he threatens. Acho is more welcome than Boyd on the 40 Acres and a better lifetime Longhorn than the guy who let his team down.

Boyd and Davis need to grow up and act like men instead of acting like pampered babies. Their behavior is inexcusable. You show up to team meetings on time because that is what you do. Not showing up on time is disrespectful to their teammates.

And I am entitled to say that because I am a Longhorn lettermen and yes they could kick my ass because it has been over 40 years since I wore the burnt orange.
They acted like spoiled children. Disgusting.

Sam was terrific, his performance as a QB was outstanding. his completion, passer rating plummeted because his receivers dropped sure (not erratic)passes. By the way, huge Johnson catch was negated by bad call....beck did not hold on that play)
More accurate statement would be all 3 phrases of the team ( cuz all 3 phases were sloppy) have to raise their collective level of play to make it to and win Big 12 championship.
I don't know that this would be a topic of discussion had it not been for the keystone cop performance of our defense
Part 2....FSU professor....wonder if he was reading...
Of mice and men

Reactions: HorntoWin
Did he did this at Houston??? Has anyone checked?

BUY or SELL: You have the connections to get the word to Herman he’s tipping off his offensive plays even though it’s not your responsibility?

(Buy) It's called an Orangebloods subscription. Everything written about the team is known. Believe that.

Regarding Ehlingers level of play on point 3...

What would his rating have been and what would his stats have looked like had LJH not dropped a pass right on the money that could have gone for a 70 yard TD, and his 43 yard strike to Collin hadnt been wiped out by a undisciplined hold by Beck? I could add in another 15 yard completion on 3rd and 10 wiped out by a hold.

In this particular case, I think Sam played much better than his stats indicated, and was probably looking at a 400 yard passing day if not let down by his teammates lack of focus and discipline.

Great post...and it's the reason the statistics are for losers. Statistics have no way of showing ifs ands and buts...and incompetent officiating.

Reactions: HorntoWin
How many drops were there? And penalties reducing Sam’s numbers (45 yarder to collin called back)?

I thought all things considered Sam played damn good. He isn’t the one who needs to pick it up. He is emerging as an elite talent.
Plus the first down throw from the end zone called back, led to OSU's winning score when we could not get out of the shadow of het goal posts.

ADVERTISEMENT