ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A few more things about the quarterbacks...)

That's a fine analysis in pointing out that throw by Card. That 10-12-yard out from the opposite hash is a throw, along with the deep ball down the seam, that Sam Ehlinger was highly inaccurate at making, and Card just stuck it in there. It will be an asset to the offense to have a quarterback who can stick that throw.

And on to Pacino . . .

I think you missed one of his great performances.

There is deliberation in the acting world as to how Shylock the Jew in Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice should be played. Some actors have played him as traditonally, characteristically Jewish of that era, while others have played him as a straight-ahead character (Sir Patrick Stewart did the role in this vein).

In the 2005 film, Pacino did a brilliant turn as Shylock, playing him as traditionally Jewish but understated and unthreatening, even though he demanded his pound of flesh from Antonio. Pacino made Shylock a layered human. This was surely one of his top 10 all-time performances, much better than Tony D'Amato in Any Given Sunday, a cliche sports movie. I'd probably slot it at No. 5 or 6.

By the way, Lynn Collins, playing Portia, did a masteful job with the famous "The qualifty of mercy is not strained" speech in rebuking Shylock at the trial in that film.

You should check out Pacino in The Merchant of Venice sometime when the kids are occupied elsewhere.
Wow haven’t seen that movie in forever but was really good. merchant of Venice was awesome bc of him.

Reactions: In Stink
Good stuff on #5. Tip of the cap to Kentucky, they played a great all around game and just didn't make many mistakes, especially in their passing game. Give their setter good passes and it puts a ton of pressure on the defense.

As for Texas, the serve receive was just a little too sloppy, and they didn't do as well getting out-of-system rallies back on track. That was a hell of a match, though, to cap a great season.
Kentucky looks like a team Texas will have to go through in 2021 if it wants that title,.

Reactions: styrbjorn
Does Card have an NFL Level arm? Meaning, let’s say he has a great college career and gets draft consideration. Do the scouts say “he can make all the throws”?

I’m always surprised by great college QB’s that don’t project well to the NFL. Colt is a great example.

Does Card have an NFL Level arm? Meaning, let’s say he has a great college career and gets draft consideration. Do the scouts say “he can make all the throws”?

I’m always surprised by great college QB’s that don’t project well to the NFL. Colt is a great example.
Yes. Big-time.

Reactions: mattfrey
ADVERTISEMENT