ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (A look at the offensive mountains that must be climbed ...)

Very interesting analysis...what’s even more galling is seeing the names Baylor, TCU, Okie St and Kansas St as all Big 12 champions since our last title...brutal.

I’m with Anwar...Gundy seems to consistently roll out excellent offenses with less than 5* talent...if Herman can’t get the offense in gear this fall, then he’s not the offensive savant people think he is.

This "it's all the offensive line's fault" dates all the way back to Garrett Gilbert. I think we're all aware of where we stood on the o-line last year but let's not pretend like the QBs didn't execute makeable plays. I saw plenty of plays where Buechele took sacks holding on to the ball too long, and plays where Ehlinger missed open receivers or didn't see people open in the middle of the field. In other words, even with a subpar offensive line, don't pretend that our QBs made 95% of the plays that were makeable.

Instead of getting out of the house or trying to organize something with friends, I just bummed around the house on Friday and Saturday, watching pieces of about 15 different movies. (Just for the record, I watched all of You've Got Mail.)

No poker. No friends. No strip clubs. No partying. Just wishing I was with my family when I finally had a day of quiet.

DYhDT3d.png

You weren't at the Yellow Rose Sat night?

@Ketchum You've gone and picked a soccer club and write about it and you consistently write about basketball. Both are sports full of diving and flopping pre madonnas that completely ruin their respective games in my opinion.

When are you going to pick a team and start writing about hockey? At least put something in about the Stanley Cup playoffs, the greatest playoffs in pro sports. It's like you prefer the diving and flopping sports over the sport where guys break bones and lose teeth yet still stay on the ice.

Hell, jump on the Vegas bandwagon but you are currently doing yourself a disservice as a self labeled sports junkie by not following or writing about hockey. Be better.

I think the Ash comparison is an apt guide. He showed promise as a true freshman, but he also missed on a lot of plays.

He came out firing in 2012:

There is hope that Ehlinger makes a makes a similar leap.

Sam has nowhere the arm strength Ash had. Ash was injury prone and can't imagine what kind of numbers he would have put up in his career if he didn't suffer those multiple concussions, Jones fracture in his foot, Strained hamstring injury.

thks for posting that video.

I might have played poker if I hadn't had someone empty my account this weekend with fraud. Thousands spent. Today is going to be a pain in the ass.

Oh man, that is never fun.

I had someone in Puerto Rico spend $900 when I was in college. Definitely, NOT FUN!

Sam has nowhere the arm strength Ash had. Ash was injury prone and can't imagine what kind of numbers he would have put up in his career if he didn't suffer those multiple concussions, Jones fracture in his foot, Strained hamstring injury.

thks for posting that video.

I agree that Ash had more upside than Sam. But Sam has enough arm strength to succeed in the spread offense.

Points allowed would be interesting as well. I bet the d could cushion your additional points needed metric. Or the winning spread by the conference champions plus Texas expected points allowed..(or last year’s as a barometer)...

Colt McCoy (2008-09)

I've posted before on this board that maybe 1-2 years of Colt is literally the only exception in all football history that I know of. THAT makes that exception untenable in any useful sense. This isn't a debating point for me but a necessity in addressing reality.

Give me your argument in support of my point, I'll bet you can do a hell of a lot better.

Colt's lines were still better than any we've had since, and I wasn't happy with them.

Our QBs are roughly a 7/10 with an up arrow. Our OL is roughly a 4/10 and we can only hope the arrow is pointing up.

I'm not as comfortable as you declaring 7-6 W-L reconciles favorably with 7/10 QB performance, it doesn't appear to from a purely mathematical standpoint. I'm still unwilling to make hard assessments of QBs performing in a 4/10 OL performance environment.

I'm not as comfortable as you declaring 7-6 W-L reconciles favorably with 7/10 QB performance, it doesn't appear to from a purely mathematical standpoint. I'm still unwilling to make hard assessments of QBs performing in a 4/10 OL performance environment.
Mine is a projection to next year. Regardless, the reason we were 7-6 is largely due to our pathetic OL.

Our QBs are good enough to win every game next year. Our OL isn't.

Reactions: Dualthreat
I am disappoint. That’s all I can say.

I think Herman was more involved in last year's offense than anyone wants to admit to themselves.

No strip clubs is good. Only pathetic 40+ married men who would like to cheat on their wives or guys that are attending a bachelor party for their sons should be wasting $$ in da scrip club.

Your movie choices, on the other hand, are seriously lacking...
I will stomp a man or woman or child that says a bad word about You've Got Mail.

@Ketchum You've gone and picked a soccer club and write about it and you consistently write about basketball. Both are sports full of diving and flopping pre madonnas that completely ruin their respective games in my opinion.

When are you going to pick a team and start writing about hockey? At least put something in about the Stanley Cup playoffs, the greatest playoffs in pro sports. It's like you prefer the diving and flopping sports over the sport where guys break bones and lose teeth yet still stay on the ice.

Hell, jump on the Vegas bandwagon but you are currently doing yourself a disservice as a self labeled sports junkie by not following or writing about hockey. Be better.
Go Winnipeg!

Reactions: Lone Starr
Points allowed would be interesting as well. I bet the d could cushion your additional points needed metric. Or the winning spread by the conference champions plus Texas expected points allowed..(or last year’s as a barometer)...
I'll follow up next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT