ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A&M/OU Junior Breakdowns)

I think a winning a conference championship (and most certainly playing in one) should be the minimum expectation for 2023
Minimum? So what is the mid-level expectation? Going to playoffs?

I think we have a good shot at going to the conference championship—at least as much as anyone. But expecting to win it? At the minimum?

This was my favorite crew:

ghows-OH-81d0eee8-677e-416b-8dcf-0f553329abfa-6a749f20.jpeg
meh ;)

I’d be surprised if the edges aren’t Finkley and Sorrell to start the spring.

I’d be interested to hear how people inside the program view Burke vs Tapp. I feel like I remember Tapp showing a lot of promise from behind the scenes.

Regarding LB, I feel like Hill has to be the answer there but didn’t Blackwell get a lot of run there replacing D’Mo? I realize he needs to put on weight but so did D’Mo. I wouldn’t count him out or the idea of actually running that 3-3-5 defense with Ford, Blackwell, and Hill considering his ability to rush the passer.

Finkley, huh? That would kind of surprise me. I'm not sure that's his best position.

Tapp reportedly had a good set of bowl workouts, but that's just talk IMO.

Blackwelll is probably better suited to play the vacated spot left by DTD.

Finkley, huh? That would kind of surprise me. I'm not sure that's his best position.

Ketch, you thinking Finkley should move to DT like Lamar Houston did? Or what position?

The only two edges right now with legit experience are Finkley and Sorrel. Maybe Burke and Tapp end up allowing him to flip back over to the other side but I can’t imagine either begin in the starting lineup. Just my opinion.

... Teams asking for permission to talk to Eric Bieniemy for offensive coordinator jobs is something else.
I think it's a concern for folks that he isn't calling plays there. People are spooked they're going to get another Matt Nagy. Wanting to see him call plays at another place isn't that absurd to me if he wants to progress to be a head coach because it isn't happening as it sits right now. He goes and does well elsewhere I believe he could be an HC within a year or two.

The only two edges right now with legit experience are Finkley and Sorrel. Maybe Burke and Tapp end up allowing him to flip back over to the other side but I can’t imagine either begin in the starting lineup. Just my opinion.

Sorrell is a strong-side end. Kind of feel the same about Finkley. He doesn't have the burst to be the edge.

I think it's a concern for folks that he isn't calling plays there. People are spooked they're going to get another Matt Nagy. Wanting to see him call plays at another place isn't that absurd to me if he wants to progress to be a head coach because it isn't happening as it sits right now. He goes and does well elsewhere I believe he could be an HC within a year or two.
I think it's something else.

It wasn't a movie that I thought was award worthy.
Fair enough.

But I'm still not sure what was award worthy about Banshees. Certainly not the storyline. Maybe, maybe Collin Farrel playing a daft, whiny little b*tch. But Brendon Gleeson just being moody isn't acting. And Kerry Condon was OK but in my mind Michelle Williams was 10x better in Fabelmans. Hell, Mariana Trevino was a better female supporting actor that Condon.

By the way, I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to type an "ene" in my last post and had to give up, so maybe I'm not smart enough to be be judging these things :)

Fair enough.

But I'm still not sure what was award worthy about Banshees. Certainly not the storyline. Maybe, maybe Collin Farrel playing a daft, whiny little b*tch. But Brendon Gleeson just being moody isn't acting. And Kerry Condon was OK but in my mind Michelle Williams was 10x better in Fabelmans. Hell, Mariana Trevino was a better female supporting actor that Condon.
I thought the acting was sensational. It's a dark comedy. My wife didn;'t like it because it was depressing, but I thought it was great.

ADVERTISEMENT